How to Transfer Apps from iPhone/iTunes Library to iPhone 8/X with Ease
Want to transfer apps to iPhone 8/X? This post will introduce you the simplest way of transferring apps from iPhone/iTunes to iPhone 8/X.
This all-in-one iOS data transfer tool can help you transfer kinds of data from iPhone to iPhone easily and directly, like ringtones, photos, music, videos, contacts, etc. Download it to have a try.
When you get a new iPhone 8 or iPhone X, you must want to copy data from old iPhone to the new one, such as some important data like contacts, photos, custom ringtones, apps and so on. For Apps, you know that iTunes supports downloading and syncing apps to iPhone, but in the latest version iTunes 12.7, there is no Apps any more, as well as no Tones tab. Why? Because Apple says iTunes will focus on transferring music, movies, TV shows, podcasts, and audiobooks. So, how to transfer apps to new iPhone 8/X?
This guide will show you how to transfer apps from iPhone and iTunes library to iPhone 8/X, and also share you an easy way of transferring data from old iPhone to iPhone 8/X. Let’s read on.
Part 1: How to Transfer Apps from iPhone to iPhone 8/X Freely
To be honest, there is no completely direct way to transfer apps and app data from iPhone to iPhone 8/X. That is because the high security guard of Apple, even many third party applications can’t make it either. But, if you still want to transfer apps from iPhone to iPhone 8/X, you can have a try on App Store. You don’t need to search for apps one by one; you can just send all apps installed on your old iPhone to the new iPhone 8/X. Follow us to make it:
1. Open the App Store on your iPhone 8 or iPhone X.
2. Tap (Updates icon).
3. Tap (Purchased icon) on the top of the screen. After that, a window will pop up; input your Apple ID and password.
4. Tap on “Not on This iPhone”. You’ll see a list of apps that you’ve purchased with your Apple ID but not on your iPhone 8/X now. Then, you can download all or multiple apps at the same time by taping on the button.
5. Waiting patiently, after the process finished, the apps from your old iPhone will be installed on your new iPhone 8/X right now. That’s it.
Note: Some users also suggest send apps from iPhone to iPhone 8/X by using iCloud or iTunes backup, but I don’t think it’s easy to make it. If you just want to have a try, you can try out.
Part 2: How to Transfer Apps from iTunes 12.7 to iPhone 8/X Directly
There is no Apps tab in iTunes 12.7 so that you can’t use iTunes to sync apps, but the previous apps in your iTunes still on your computer. And you can also transfer these apps from iTunes 12.7 to your new iPhone 8 or iPhone X. What you need is an iOS data transfer tool - AnyTrans.
AnyTrans is an all-in-one iOS data management and transfer tool, which can help you transfer apps from iTunes to iPhone, or from iTunes to computer, and deleting the unwanted ones without effort. Besides that, it also supports transferring other 20+ iOS data like ringtones, music, videos, photos, messages, contacts, etc. What’s more, it will not erase any existing data on your device. Now download AnyTrans and follow the steps below to move apps to iPhone 8/X.
Step 1. Open AnyTans on your Mac or PC computer. Connect your iPhone 8 with USB cable. Then click on iTunes Library.
How to Transfer Apps from iTunes 12.7 to iPhone 8/X – Step 1
Step 2. This page will list all the iTunes media files. Click the App Store icon.
How to Transfer Apps from iTunes 12.7 to iPhone 8/X – Step 2
Step 3. Select the apps you need and click To Device button to start the process. There is only one app in my iTunes, just take it for example.
How to Transfer Apps from iTunes 12.7 to iPhone 8/X – Step 3
After the process finished, you can check it on your iPhone. You can see the transferred app already on the iPhone now.
Check Transferred Apps on iPhone 8/X
The Bottom Line
That’s all for how to transfer apps to iPhone 8/X, you can follow part 1 to transfer apps from old iPhone to new iPhone 8/X, you can also follow part 2 to transfer apps from iTunes library to iPhone 8/X directly. Believed that you must clear about it. If you have apps in your iTunes library, or want to transfer other types of data like ringtones, music, photos etc. from iPhone to iPhone 8, you can use AnyTrans to make it with ease.
What's Hot on iMobie
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Transfer Videos from iPhone 8/X to Computer – Follow this post to transfer videos from iPhone 8/X to computer. Read More >>
- How to Delete Apps on iPhone 8(Plus) and iPhone X – Read and follow this guide to delete apps on iPhone 8/X. Read More >>
- Why Apps Not Showing Up in iTunes 12.7 – This guide will tell you why apps not showing up in iTunes 12.7 and how to fix it. Read More >>
- The Developer of This App Needs to Update It to Work with iOS 11 – Read this guide to fix this issue in iOS 11. Read More >>