If you were an old iPhone user, and just upgrade the old one to the newest, this guide is also helpful for you to transfer everything from old iPhone to the new iPhone; And if you were an Android user and switch to the new iPhone just now, you definitely need this tutorial to help you transfer data to new iPhone.
Every time the release of the iPhone new generation will attract millions of Apple fans, and even Android fans, around the world. And each newest iPhone also brings users numerous amazing and shiny new features and functions, to make it well worth for your upgrading from old devices. But when you get the new iPhone, you will have the same questions as the other of millions of new iPhone users, like “how can I switch to a new iPhone?” Or, “how do I transfer all my data and information from my old iPhone to my new iPhone?”
So to help you go through a smooth and pleasant “Upgrade to New iPhone” journey, Here in the post, we will show you every single detail of how to transfer data to new iPhone, no matter you were an iPhone user or an Android one. So obviously this guide is going to divide into two parts: How to Transfer Data to New iPhone (if you were an iPhone user), and How to Transfer Data to New iPhone (if you were an Android user). So choose the right section to start your new iPhone data switching journey now.
Normally for most users, as for transferring everything from one iPhone to another, iTunes or iCloud is the first solution that comes to mind. If everything goes well, no unexpected restore error, no data loss situation, transferring data from iPhone to iPhone with iTunes/iCloud is not a bad choice.
However, you can’t choose what to transfer. All you can do is to back up the old iPhone content and restore them all to the new one. And the iTunes and iCloud restore will inevitably erase the current data on your target iPhone. Moreover, both iTunes and iCloud can’t help you backup all data, let alone transferring data from one iPhone to another wholly.
Therefore, before showing how to transfer data to new iPhone using iTunes or iCloud, we recommend you a wonderful iPhone to iPhone transfer app – AnyTrans for iOS, which is an emphasized and complete iPhone transfer software, and fits effortlessly into your iPhone Upgrade and iOS Data Migration program. When transferring data from iPhone to iPhone, AnyTrans for iOS is fitted with the following top features, like:
What’s more, AnyTrans for iOS supports both of Windows and Mac operating system. And it is also compatible with all the models of iPhone, like iPhone 4/4s, iPhone 5/5s/5c, iPhone 6/6s/SE/7 and the latest iPhone 8 (Plus) and iPhone X. Follow steps below to transfer everything from one iPhone to another wholly or selectively.
Step 1. Free download AnyTrans for iOS on your computer > Install and run it.
Step 2. Connect both the old iPhone and the new one to the computer with USB cable > Choose Clone Device or Merge Device on the homepage of AnyTrans.
Clone Device – suits for those whose new iPhone is totally new, and doesn’t have any data on it. Clone Device will clone all the data and files from old iPhone to new iPhone 8/X/7/6s/SE, and the data on the new iPhone will be erased during transferring.
Merge Device – suits for those whose iPhone already has been used. Merge Device will transfer data from old iPhone to new iPhone 8/X/7/6s/SE wholly, and the existing data on the new iPhone will remain intact during content merging.
Step 3. Here we take the Clone Device mode as an example: Click Clone Device > Select the target device > Click Right Arrow to go next step.
Step 4: Select the categories you want to transfer to new iPhone, like Photos, Messages, Contents, Notes, Apps, etc., and click the Right Arrow. Then wait for the process to finish.
Step 5. If you do not plan to transfer all contents on old iPhone to new iPhone, but just some specific data type(s), you need to jump to the category page at the first step. And there you will see all data types on your old iPhone.
Step 6. Then choose the detailed data type. Here we take Photos > Photo Library as an Example. Next, select the photos that you plan to transfer to new iPhone > Click on Send to Device button to start transferring them.
Method 2. How to Transfer Data to New iPhone with iTunes
iTunes way probably is always iOS user’s first choice to transfer data to new iPhone. But considering its not-so-friendly interface and other drawbacks mentioned in the first method above, we usually do not recommend it. If you still prefer this iTunes way to transfer everything from one iPhone to another, you can make it with the following steps:
1. Backup your old iPhone with iTunes firstly, if you haven’t: Open iTunes > Connect your old iPhone to the computer > Click Device tab > Click Summary > Click This Computer in Backups column > Click Back Up Now:
2. If your new iPhone has not been set up, turn on your new iPhone. A “Hello” screen with different languages should show > Follow the steps mentioned on the screen until you see the Apps & Data screen, then choose Restore from iTunes Backup > Next. If you already set up your new device before, you just need to move to step 3.
3. Connect your new iPhone to the computer that you have backed up your old device in step 1.
4. Open iTunes on your computer and select the device tab.
5. Select Restore Backup. Then choose a backup. Please make sure it’s the correct one by looking at the date and size of each if you have more than one iTunes backup.
6. If the backup file was encrypted, enter your password and unlock it when asked.
7. Wait for the restore process to finish, then complete the rest of the setup steps on your iOS device. Dozens of minutes probably will be needed. If possible, keep your device connected to an available Wi-Fi and in charge after setup, which allows photos, music, apps, and other contents stored in iCloud to automatically download back to your new iPhone.
When transferring data from one iPhone to another with iTunes backup, all the content in the iTunes backup will be restored to the new iPhone no matter whether you want to restore all of them; and some media files (like Apps, music, ringtones, movies, iBooks, etc.) won’t be transferred during this process. If you want to transfer all the contents to new iPhone (even media files), and selectively, just the data items you want, you can move to Method 1 to make it.
Method 3: How to Transfer Data to New iPhone with iCloud
iCloud is also a way for iPhone users to transfer data to your new iPhone. And its operating steps are much similar to iTunes:
We notice that most of you are visiting this guide on iPhone or iPad, and you may want to find a method to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone without computer. To be honest, you indeed can transfer data from one iPhone to another without computer, but the only way is using iCloud backup and iCloud syncing.
However, it has several shortcomings like: takes you 30 to 60 minutes to make it; requires your Wi-Fi network is enough fast; you may lose important data during transferring; media files (like Films, Apps, Music, Ringtones, iBooks, etc.) can’t be transferred, etc. Therefore, we recommend you to transfer data new iPhone with computer as Method 1 does, all the contents will be transferred to new iPhone, and all the contents on both of your two iPhones will keep safe.
1. Back up of your old iPhone firstly, if you haven’t made one before. For iPhones running with iOS 10 and later: go to Settings App > Tap on your Apple ID’s profile > Click iCloud > iCloud Backup > Click Back Up Now; For iPhones running with iOS 9 or older: go to Settings App > iCloud > Backup > Turn on “iCloud Backup” if it is closed > Tap on Back Up Now.
2. If your new iPhone has not been set up, turn on your new iPhone. A “Hello” screen with different languages should show > Follow the steps mentioned on the screen until you see the Apps & Data screen, then choose Restore from iCloud Backup > Select the backup you have created before > Next.
3. If you already set up your new device before, you need to set it up again: Go to Settings > Tap Apple ID > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings > Erase iPhone > Set up your iPhone again > Select Restore from iCloud > Select the backup you just created.
There is no doubt that not just iPhone users switch to new iPhone every year, but many Android users start trying a totally different mobile device – iPhone. Everyone should try new stuff, especially the better ones. But when you choose from Android phones to iPhones, you have to also face the same issue: How to transfer my old Android data to my new iPhone? In this part, we have collected two practical methods to help you with this annoying issue. Check them now.
Method 1. How to Transfer Data to New iPhone with Move to iOS
Move to iOS is an app developed by Apple especially for Android users moving to iPhone iPad. But according to the user feedback, it seems to have a long way to go before its being perfect. Users complain that there occur various bugs or problems during its working, like its no code issue, Move to iOS disconnects Wif-Fi, Move to iOS transfer interrupted, etc. So basically, we do not recommend our users not trying it, but the second method below. Anyway, if you would like to know it, here are the detailed steps:
1. If your new iPhone is still not activated, power it on, and a Hello screen would pop up > Follow the instruction on the screen till you reach the page of App & Data > Choose Move Data from Android option > Tap Continue > Continue again on the next page > There it will show the code number. If your new iPhone has been set up, you need to reset it and follow the steps above.
2. Then launch Move to iOS app on your old Android phone. If you have not installed it, please go to the Google Apps Store to get it > Then it will ask you for the digit code > Enter the code displayed on iPhone.
3. Then switch to your new iPhone. It will ask you to choose data types to move, and choose the types you want > Tap Next to start Android data moving > After the process finishes, tap Done on Android phone and tap Continue on your new iPhone to finish the setup process.
Method 2. How to Transfer Data to New iPhone with An Move to iOS Alternative
Since Move to iOS sometimes makes your new iPhone upgrading not so smoothly, we here recommend you the second tool to help you with transferring Android data to new iPhone. And it is still the AnyTrans for iOS. With it, you will not encounter such problems that Move to iOS has, but 100% smoothly upgrading experience. Besides, compared to Move to iOS, AnyTrans supports more Android data types moving to iPhone. Why not give it a free download now, and follow the steps below to make it?
Step 1. Install and run AnyTrans on your computer > Connect both of your Android phone and iPhone to it > Click on the Device Manager option on the top > Choose iOS Mover.
Step 2. Then it will display all data types on Android > Select the data types that you would like to transfer > Click the right arrow to continue with Android data transferring to iPhone.
With the help of the full guide on how to transfer data to new iPhone, you must have transferred everything you want to your new iPhone from old iPhone and Android phone. If you have any question, please leave your message below and we will answer you as soon as possible. Download AnyTrans for iOS to Explore More Now >
Product-related questions? Contact Our Support Team to Get Quick Solution >
The best tool to transfer, backup and manage your iPhone iPad content, even iTunes, iCloud backup files. As easy as ABC!Free Download