How to Transfer Files from Mac to iPad
Want to transfer files from Mac to your iPad? Feel tired of iTunes syncing and want an alternative way? Read this guide to learn how to finish that.
Have a try on this powerful iTunes alternative transfer files between Mac and iPad. Now keep reading to know how to transfer files from Mac to iPad.
Are you ready for iPhone 7 – Apple's latest flagship smartphone, with upgraded cameras, water resistance and a longer battery life? To have a smooth and pleasant "Upgrade to new iPhone" journey, please have a check on this How Do I Transfer Everything from Old iPhone to New iPhone tutorial to have a quick start.
Q: "It has been a month of puzzle for me on how am I going to transfer files from my MacBook Pro to iPad. iTunes is a little bit confusing, and I can’t even drag the files, like applications or video files directly to my iPad. How can I transfer files from my MacBook to my iPad?"
-- A User from MacRumors
Having an Apple tablet is a kind of pleasant experience for you can transfer files like books, photos, videos, apps and more to your iPad for work or entertainment. When you get a new iPad Pro or iPad mini 4, the first thing you need to do is learn how to get files off of your PC or Mac and onto the iPad, we have previously introduced you how to transfer files from Windows PC to iPad, here we will focus on how to get files from Mac to your iPad with or without iTunes.
Part 1. How to Transfer Files from Mac to iPad with iTunes
Open iTunes on your Mac, and plug in with your iPad. Click the Device button, and under Summary, you can select the files you want to sync from Mac to iPad, and click Apply button to start.
Transfer Files from Mac to iPad with iTunes
Bear in mind that, iTunes only allows you to sync your iPad with one iTunes library, and it may wipe the existing data on your iPad. What’s more, after syncing new files to your iPad, the previous content on your iPad will be replaced.
Transfer Files from Mac to iPad with iTunes
Part 2. How to Transfer Files from Mac to iPad with AnyTrans
AnyTrans is said to be the best alternative to iTunes for it manages your iOS content on PC/Mac in an organized way. It helps transfer files between PC/Mac and iDevices, between any two iDevices, and between iTunes and iDevices, so it is very simple to transfer files from Mac to iPad without wiping any data. The files it supported including photos, videos, music, contacts, apps, ringtones, messages, etc. Download AnyTrans and install it on your Mac before we start our step-by-step tutorial.
1. Run AnyTrans for Mac, and connect your iPad to computer. Wait for AnyTrans to load your device data. Here are six shortcut buttons, to transfer files from Mac to your iPad, you should click on the Add Content button. Browse and select the file you want to transfer to iPad, and click on Open.
How to Transfer Files from Mac to iPad Using AnyTrans
2. If you are not willing to use the shortcut button, you can also select the specific file type to add content to your iPad. For instance, click on Videos > Home Videos on the main page, and click the "+" button, select the vidoes on your Mac, and click Open to start transferring videos to your iPad.
Transfer Files from Mac to iPad Using AnyTrans
The Bottom Line
When you get a new iPad, you may also want to transfer files from an old iPhone or iPad to the new device, and AnyTrans simplifies the process by allowing you to transfer files from old iPhone/iPad to the new one directly. Now it’s your time to have a free trial of AnyTrans.
What's Hot on iMobie
New iOS Data to iPhone Transfer Guidelines > iMobie Team·August 12
2016 Best iPhone Data Recovery Tools Review > Corrinla·August 27
2016 Best iPhone Backup Extractor Tools > Tom·August 16
How to Recover Deleted Text Messages iPhone > Corrinla·March 17
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC > Kelly·August 06
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Sync iPhone to iTunes in Minutes - This guide will show you how to sync your iPhone to iTunes easily. Read more >>
- How to Transfer Files from iPad to Mac - In this guide, we will show you an easy solution to solve the problem. Read more >>
- How to Manage Photos on iPhone - Now follow this guide to know how to manage photos on iPhone. Read more >>
- How to Backup iPhone 6/6s to Computer - Now read on this post to learn how to backup iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s to computer. Read more >>
- PhoneClean - Best iPhone Cleaner Software – PhoneClean gives hands-free cleaning, in-depth privacy protection, ultimate speed-up & more iOS cleaning features. Read More >>
- What Is the Best iPhone File Transfer – Need an all-in-one iPhone File Transfer software to keep everything organized? Here is the answer. Read More >>