How to Transfer Photos from Old iPhone 7/6s/6 to New iPhone X/8 (Plus)
Want to know how to transfer photos from old iPhone 7/6s/6/5s/SE/5/4s to new iPhone X/8 (Plus)? Follow this guide to get it done easily, with three practical methods.
AnyTrans for iOS provides you with easy ways to transfer all kinds of iPhone data, contacts, messages, music, videos, photos, etc. to iPhone 8/X. Download it and explore more.
Switching a new iPhone 8 (Plus), or 10th anniversary iPhone X is definitely not an easy job. It is not just about going to the store and getting it back. But you also need to set up and activate it, fill it in with all kinds of old data, contacts, photos, messages, songs, notes, calendars, etc. from iTunes backup, iCloud backup, computer, Android device, or your old iPhone 7/6s/6/5s/SE/5/4s.
Truly, getting a new iPhone 8/X contains lots of work to do. However, there is no need to worry about it. Because iMobie support team is always by your side, to help you solve such annoying things, with practical and easy guides. In this daily tip, we will focus on helping you with how to transfer photos from your old iPhone 7/6s/6/5s/SE/5/4s to the new iPhone 8/X. There are four methods prepared for you. Keep reading.
1. Transfer Photos from Old iPhone to New iPhone 8/X with AnyTrans for iOS 2. Transfer Photos from Old iPhone to New iPhone 8/X with iTunes 3. Transfer Photos from Old iPhone to New iPhone 8/X with iCloud 4. Transfer Photos from Old iPhone to New iPhone 8/X with AirDrop
Method 1. Transfer Photos from iPhone to iPhone 8/X with AnyTrans for iOS
The best way always goes first. In this method, we recommend iMobie AnyTrans for iOS to easily and quickly move pictures to iPhone 8/X. Below are reasons why you should have AnyTrans for iOS to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone 8/X.
- AnyTrans for iOS enables you to transfer all photos, selected photos or a single picture from old iPhone 6/6s/7 to new iPhone 8/X directly.
- AnyTrans for iOS supports all photos on your old iPhone, like photos in Camera Roll, Photo Library, Photo Stream, Live photos and so on, that is to say, you can transfer all photos from old iPhone to new iPhone 8/X.
- AnyTrans for iOS always transfers data at a fast speed. According to statistics, nearly 600 photos can be transferred from old iPhone to new iPhone 8/X within 1 minute.
- After transferring, the photos will be kept in original quality.
- Guarantees you 100% Safe & Security. AnyTrans for iOS is developed by an Apple certificated developer and it is a totally green software. While transferring, you have our guarantee that it does no harm to your devices and accidents like information leakage would never occur.
- AnyTrans for iOS also supports many other types of data transferring from old iPhone to new iPhone 8/X, contacts, messages, music, videos, ringtone, and more.
So why not give it a try now, and then we head to how to use it for photo transferring with AnyTrans for iOS?
Note: Both Phone to Phone Transfer feature and Content to Device feature of AnyTrans for iOS can help you transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone 8/X. The Phone to Phone Transfer feature can help you selectively transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone 8/X and the Content to Device feature can help you transfer all photos from old iPhone to iPhone 8/X at once. Please choose either solution catering to your needs.
Part 1. Phone to Phone Transfer
Step 1. Run it on your computer > Connect both old iPhone and iPhone 8 to it > And you will see the window below > Choose Photos > Select the album which contains the pictures you would like to transfer. Here we will take Photo Library as an example.
Step 2. In the Photo Library album, you can preview each photo, and then select the ones you plan to transfer to new iPhone > Click Send to Device button to move them. You can Ctrl + click the photos to select multiple photos, or Ctrl + A to select all photos.
Step 3. To transfer all photos, you can also switch to display mode, select the check box to select all, and then click Send to Device button to transfer photos to the new iPhone 8.
Part 2. Content to Device
Step 1. At its homepage, scroll down to shortcut screen > Choose Content to Device option.
Step 2. Make Sure of that source iPhone and destination iPhone are correct > Click the right arrow.
Step 3. Then choose Camera Roll box > Click the right arrow to start transferring all photos.
Some of you might also have some photos on Android phones waiting to be transferred to iPhone 8/X. We also prepared a tip to show you how to transfer photos from Android to iPhone. Please refer to How to Transfer Photos from Android to iPhone to know more.
Method 2. Transfer Photos from iPhone to iPhone 8/X with iTunes
This way composes of two parts: firstly transfer your old iPhone photos to your computer, and secondly sync them to iPhone 8/X with iTunes. For the first part, we will list two guides to help you with it, and we will mainly focus on how to sync computer photos to iPhone 8/X via iTunes:
Step 1. Open iTunes. Make sure it is the latest version > Connect your iPhone 8/X to it.
Step 2. Click on the iPhone icon > Choose Photos > Select Sync Photos.
Step 3. Choose the folder that contains the pictures you want to sync > Apply.
1. This iTunes syncing will erase the existing iPhone 8/X photos in Photo Library.
2. If you have turned on iCloud Photo Library on your iPhone 8/X, when syncing photos with iTunes, a message will pop up: “iCloud Photos is On. XXX can access photos in iCloud. Photos can be downloaded to your device via Wi-Fi or cellular network”.
It means you have to turn off iCloud Photo Library on your iPhone 8/X, or you can’t finish the sync process via iTunes. However, if you turn off iCloud Photo Library on your device, all the photos stored in iCloud but not on your device will be gone.
So, base on these unpleasant things, we sincerely recommend you moving to Method One for a better and easier choice.
Transfer Photos from iPhone to iPhone 8/X via iTunes Syncing
Method 3. Transfer Photos from iPhone to iPhone 8/X with iCloud
There is an iCloud Photo Library function in iCloud, to help users to share photos among different iDevices. And here is how to achieve it.
Enable Photo Library on both iPhones: Go to Settings > Tap iCloud > Tap Photos > Turn on iCloud Photo Library > Then all of your photos and videos are securely stored in iCloud > And you can check them on your iPhone 8/X.
1. iCloud free storage is 5 GB. If the amount of your all photos exceeds 5 GB, you need upgrade it, or some of photos may not be synced to iCloud.
2. Syncing speed is slow. According to many users, the sync session might even be stuck on uploading. Please be patient.
3. iOS requires iOS 8.3, or later. Base on these shortcomings of it, if you cannot stand anyone of them, you can choose Method One as a better choice.
Method 4. Transfer Photos from iPhone to iPhone 8/X with AirDrop
The fourth way is with help of AirDrop, a feature of iPhone. Before listing its detail steps, there are several points you need to know first.
1.AirDrop runs on iOS 7 on iPhone 5, or later. If not, you cannot use it.
2.If your photos are too many, like hundreds, or thousands, it is not recommended. Because there is no selecting all option, and transferring speed would also be very slow.
3.It is required that both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth should be open. And both devices cannot be out of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi range.
If anyone above happens to you, please jump to Method One. And here are detailed steps below.
Step 1. Swipe up from the bottom of iPhone to open Control Center.
Step 2. Tap AirDrop > Select Everyone.
Step 3. On your old iPhone: Go to Photos > Select the photos you want to transfer > Tap Share button > Tap the name of your iPhone 8/X.
Step 4. Tap Accept on your new iPhone.
Transfer Photos from iPhone to iPhone 8/X with AirDrop
The Bottom Line
By comparison among these four methods, method one is obviously better than the other three ones, without any drawback, and unpleasant issue. So we sincerely recommend you taking Method One to get your photos from iPhone to iPhone 8/X with 100% Safe & Security. And download and try it now!