– Get a new iPhone 8 (Plus)/X, or iPhone 7/6s/SE and want to sync some photos from Mac to it.
– Want to set some pictures from Mac as wallpaper of your new iPhone.
– Want to move photos taken by digital camera to iPhone.
– Want to move some memorable photos from Mac to iPhone.
If you are in one of the above situations, you may consider using iTunes to import photos from Mac to iPhone 8/X. However, after connecting your device to iTunes and starting sync, it pops up the messages telling you that “Are you sure you want to remove existing music, movies, TV shows, books, and tones from this iPhone and sync with iTunes library?”
How to Import Photos from Mac to iPhone with iTunes
Yes, iTunes will erase existing media files on your iPhone if you plan to use it to transfer photos from Mac to your device. In addition, have you found that if you enable iCloud Photo Library on your iPhone, you’ll not be allowed to sync photos. But if you turn off it, all the iCloud photos on your iPhone (photos stored in iCloud but not on your iPhone originally) will be deleted unfortunately.
So is there an alternative way to sync photos without wiping data? Here in this guide we will show you several ways to transfer photos from Mac to iPhone with/without iTunes.
Can’t Miss: 7 Ways to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac >
Part 1. How to Transfer Photos from Mac to iPhone with iTunes
If the aforementioned situations didn’t occur to you, iTunes is still a good way for you. Here are the 5 steps about how to transfer photos from Mac to iPhone with iTunes:
- Launch iPhoto and drag the photos to your iPhoto library. Or you can create a folder on Mac and keep the photos you want to transfer in it.
- Launch iTunes on your Mac > Connect iPhone to your Mac via USB cable.
- Click the Device icon > Click Photos in the iDevice tab.
- Check the box next to “Sync Photos” > Then click the button next to “Copy photos from” > Choose the folder that saves your photos.
- You can choose to sync all your photos or only selected photos. Click “Apply” to transfer photos from Mac to your iPhone 6s/7/8/X/XR/XS.
If you have enabled iCloud photo library, there’s no way for you to sync photos from Mac to iPhone via iTunes unless you turn the icloud photo library off on your iPhone.
However, as we have mentioned before, all the iCloud photos on your iPhone shall be deleted once you turn it off on your iPhone. Don’t want to lose your photos? Method 3 below shall be a better idea.
iTunes Can’t Sync If iCloud Photo Library Is On
Part 2. How to Transfer Photos from Mac to iPhone without iTunes via AirDrop
If your Mac computer supports AirDrop, it is also a possible way for you to transfer photos from Mac to iPhone without iTunes.
However, as we all know, when you have a number of photos, it would take quite a long time for you to transfer them entirely from Mac to iPhone. To transfer a large amount of photos, you should give a try to Method 3.
Step 1. Enable the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connection on both of your Mac and iPhone.
Step 2. On iPhone, swipe up to open the Control Center > Turn on AirDrop > Choose either Contacts Only or Everyone.
Step 3. On Mac, move to Finder > Click AirDrop in the menu bar > Click on the “Allow me to discovered by” > Select Contacts or Everyone > Click your iPhone.
Step 4. Select the photos you want to transfer from Mac to iPhone. Or you can drag and drop the file to the little circle to transfer to your iPhone.
Part 3. How to Transfer Photos from Mac to iPhone without iTunes via AnyTrans for iOS
If you want to transfer photos from Mac to iPhone without iTunes and prefer a quick way to make it, then the best iTunes alternative – AnyTrans for iOS can be your first choice. Why?
- It allows you to add photos from your Mac/PC to your iPhone with the original pixels, and will not erase any existed data on your iDevice.
- It only takes you 5 minutes to transfer over 3000 photos from Mac to iPhone, and 3 simple steps are needed to complete the job.
- In addition, it also manages to transfer photos/photo albums from iPhone to computer as backup, or from iPhone to iPhone as you want.
- Besides photos, it also supports other types of iOS data including music, videos, contacts, notes, messages, books, apps etc.
- The new AnyTrans for iOS perfectly works for iPhone XS/XR/X/8/7, and old iPhone SE/6s/6/5s/5c/5. Supports iOS 12/11/10/9.
Firstly, download and install AnyTrans for iOS on your Mac (MacBook, iMac or Mac mini/Pro). Then follow the steps below to move photos from Mac to iPhone without effort.
Step 1. Open up AnyTrans for iOS, and connect your iPhone to computer > Choose Device Manager > Go to category screen > Click Photos.
Step 2. Click Photo Library to enter the manage page.
Step 3. Click “+” button on the right upper hand > Browse the photos in your Mac, choose the photo you need > Click the Open Button.
Different from importing photos with iTunes, AnyTrans won’t erase anything on your device. After transferring, all photos will be put to Photos app on your iPhone. 100% Safe & Security guaranteed. And this method also can be applied to transfer photos from PC/Mac Computer to iPad and iPod touch.
The Bottom Line
As you can see, it is easy enough to transfer photos from Mac to iPhone with the help of AnyTrans for iOS. Download it to have a try now! By the way, if you have any question or meet any problem when copying photos from Mac to iPhone with AnyTrans for iOS, be free to contact us by sending us an email, we will be on hand to offer help and advice.