Want to transfer pictures from old iPhone to new iPhone 7 but do not know how? Read this guide to get 4 methods to help you transfer photos from iPhone 4/4s/5/5s/6/6s/SE to iPhone 7/7 Plus.
It has been a few months since the release of iPhone 8 and iPhone X, while the Phone 8 (Plus) is ordinary, doesn’t have too many kill features compared to iPhone 7, and iPhone X starts from a very high price. At this moment, buying a new iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus is still a wise choice.
If you have already upgraded to new iPhone 7 (Plus), then you definitely want to know how to transfer everything from old iPhone to new iPhone 7. For anyone who likes to take photos with iPhone, then you may be concerned about how to move photos from iPhone to iPhone 7. To help you add pictures to iPhone 7 smoothly, here in this guide we will show you 4 different methods to transfer photos from iPhone 6/6s/5/5s/4/4s to iPhone 7/7 Plus. Let’s get it on.
If you prefer one easy and quick way to copy pictures from old iPhone to new iPhone, then one professional iOS data transfer tool – AnyTrans for iOS can be your best choice.
1. All Photos Are Supported. Lets you transfer photos in all albums, including Camera Roll, Photo Stream, Photo Library, Photo Share etc.
2. Transfer All or Selected Pictures. Allows you to move all photos at once, or only copy the selected pictures.
3. Fast Transfer Speed. Enables you to transfer 600 photos within 1 minute.
4. Ensure the Picture Quality. Copy the original pictures instead of the compressed ones.
5. Green Software. Guarantees you 100% Security, free from virus, no data leakage, and no data erase.
It supports all iPhone models, like iPhone 4/4s/5/5s/6/6s, and of course iPhone 7/7 Plus. Works well on both PC and Mac computer. How about give it a try? Download it now, and next, we will show you how to transfer photos from iPhone 6 to iPhone 7.
Step 1 Open AnyTrans > Connect your old iPhone and new iPhone 7/7 Plus to computer > You will see the window shown below > Go to the manage page of your old iPhone and click the button at the right.
Step 2 Click on Photos > Select one album as per your needs.
Step 3 Select the pictures you want to transfer > Click on To Another Device button.
– Besides iPhone to iPhone transfer, it also allows you to transfer data from iPhone to computer as backup, and computer to iPhone transfer is also available.
First transfer the old iPhone photos to computer, and create a new folder to store them. Then transfer the pictures to your new iPhone 7. Here we focus on how to transfer photos to new iPhone, if you want to know how to export old iPhone photos to computer, please check these two guides:
Important info you should check:
1. iTunes will erase the existing photos in Photo Library when you try to transfer photos to your new iPhone.
2. If you have turned on iCloud Photo Library on your iPhone, when syncing photos from iDevice to iDevice with iTunes, you may get a pop up shows to you that “iCloud Photos is On. XXX can access photos in iCloud. Photos can be downloaded to your device via Wi-Fi or cellular network”.
That’s to say you have to turn off iCloud Photo Library on your iPhone, or you can’t finish the sync process via iTunes. But if you turn off iCloud Photo Library on your device, all the photos stored in iCloud but not on your device will be erased. So, if you want to transfer pictures from old iPhone to new iPhone 7 without data loss, just go to Part 1.
Step 1 Download the latest version of iTunes and open it > Plug in your iPhone 7.
Step 2 Click on Device tab > Choose Photos > Select Sync Photos.
Step 3 Choose the folder that contains the pictures you want to sync > Apply.
Transfer Photos from iPhone to iPhone 7/7 Plus Using iTunes
iCloud Photo Library allows you to sync photos across all iOS devices, requires iOS 8.3 and later, and you need to log in with the same Apple ID on your old iPhone and new iPhone 7 .
Before the sync, some shortcomings you should know:
1. It will sync all photos from old iPhone to your iPhone 7, you cannot preview and choose the pictures you need.
2. Make sure there is enough iCloud storage, the free storage is 5 GB. If you have a lot of photos to transfer, you may need to upgrade the storage plan.
3. Speed is slow. It requires good Wi-Fi network, and according to users, the sync process might be stuck during the uploading.
If you cannot stand anyone of them, you can refer to Part 1 to get another solution.
Step 1 Enable Photo Library on both iPhones: Go to Settings > Tap iCloud > Tap Photos > Turn on iCloud Photo Library. (On iOS 11: Settings > Your name > iCloud > Photos > iCloud Photo Library.)
Step 2 On your old iPhone: You can choose Optimize iPhone Storage or Download and Keep Originals.
Step 3 It will take some minutes to finish this job. Then go to iPhone 7 to have a check.
Transfer Photos from iPhone to iPhone 7/7 Plus with iCloud Photo Library
The AirDrop requires iOS 7 on iPhone 5 and later, if you have a few photos to transfer, it’s a good choice. But if you have hundreds or thousands of photos to transfer, it’s time-consuming to choose the photos you need, you can check Part 1 to find a quicker way.
Step 1 Turn on AirDrop on both iPhone: Swipe up from the bottom to open Control Center > Tap AirDrop > Choose Everyone. (On iOS 11: press and hold the wireless control box to access AirDrop)
Step 2 On old iPhone: Go to Photos app and choose the pictures you need > Tap Share button in the bottom left corner > Tap the name of your iPhone 7.
Step 3 On iPhone 7: Tap Accept.
Transfer Photos from iPhone to iPhone 7/7 Plus with AirDrop
That’s all about how to transfer photos from iPhone 4/4s/5/5s/6/6s to iPhone 7. As you can see, it’s much easier to finish the job with the help of AnyTrans for iOS, lets you transfer selected pictures quickly without effort, and no data erase. Just give it a try by yourself!
Product-related questions? Contact Our Support Team to Get Quick Solution >
The best tool to transfer, backup and manage your iPhone iPad content, even iTunes, iCloud backup files. As easy as ABC!Free Download