When you get a new iPhone, no matter an iPhone X or an iPhone 8, what you want to do first is to copy data from your old iPhone to the new one, right? Obviously, the messages are always one of the most vital and personal data you don’t want to leave behind.
Well, when it comes to how to transfer messages from iPhone to iPhone X/8, you may think of using iTunes or iCloud. That really works, you can back up your old iPhone in advance, and then restore your new iPhone X/8 from the iTunes backup or iCloud backup. However, this traditional method doesn’t support selectively restore data. You have to restore the whole backup, but you clearly that there are lots of data you don’t need anymore.
So, how to only transfer text messages from iPhone to iPhone X/8? This guide will show you the simplest method of selectively transferring text messages from iPhone to iPhone X/8. Let’s read on.
The Tool You Need
How to transfer messages from iPhone to iPhone X/8 selectively and easily? The simplest method is using AnyTrans for iOS, a comprehensive iPhone to iPhone data transfer tool, which can help you transfer text messages from iPhone to iPhone X/8 without effort, as well as iMessages.
1. Easy to Operate. Lets you transfer messages from iPhone to iPhone 8/X directly. No backup and restore process.
2. Only Messages. Allows you to just transfer messages to new iPhone, instead of the whole data from old iPhone.
3. Fast Transfer Speed. Transferring more than 1000 messages and nearly 200 contacts from iPhone to iPhone is finished in 40 seconds.
4. No Data Erase or Leakage. It’s one green software without virus and will keep your data safe from loss.
How about give it a try? It supports all iPhone models, iPhone 4/4s/5/5s/5c/6/6s/SE/7, and of course iPhone X/8, running on any iOS version. Download it now and follow the steps below to transfer messages from old iPhone to new iPhone X/8.
How to Transfer Text Messages from iPhone to iPhone X/8
Step 1 Install and open AnyTrans for iOS > Connect your two iPhones to computer with USB cable. After AnyTrans for iOS detect your two iPhones, select your old iPhone and click “Merge Device” button.
How to Transfer Messages from iPhone to iPhone X/8 – Step 1
Step 2 Check the target device, and then click on the “Next” button on the right.
How to Transfer Messages from iPhone to iPhone X/8 – Step 2
Step 3 There list various types data you can transfer from iPhone to iPhone X/8, only tick Messages and click the arrow button to start transferring text messages from iPhone to iPhone X/8.
How to Transfer Messages from iPhone to iPhone X/8 – Step 3
- Besides messages, AnyTrans for iOS also can help you transfer contacts, notes, photos, videos, music, ringtones from old iPhone to new iPhone.
- Besides iPhone to iPhone transfer, it also lets you transfer data among iDevice, computer, iTunes and iCloud. In other words, wherever you want to transfer, AnyTrans for iOS can do it for you.
The Bottom Line
That’s all for how to transfer text messages from iPhone to iPhone X/8, just as you see above, it’s easy to make it with AnyTrans for iOS. If you feel this article is helpful, you can share with your friends or families. If you meet any problem about how to transfer messages from iPhone to iPhone X/8, welcome to leave your comments or email us. Last, just give a try on AnyTrans for iOS.