What is Photo Stream
What is Photo Stream on iPhone iPad and iPod touch? Read on this Wiki page, you'll learn every detail about Photo Stream.
Download this iPhone Photo Transfer so that you can make use of it after reading this What is Photo Stream article.
Photo Stream is a service supplied with the basic iCloud which allows you to store the most recent 1,000 photos on the servers up to 30 days. When a photo is taken on an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, with Photo Stream enabled, it is automatically uploaded to the iCloud servers.
From there, it is automatically pushed to the rest of the your registered devices. The service is also integrated with Apple TV, allowing you to view you recent photos wirelessly on their HDTV.
Don't Miss: How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Computer >
What Do You Need to Use Photo Stream
- iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 6.0 or later;
- Mac with OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.2 or later and iPhoto 9.4 or Aperture 3.4 or later;
- PC with Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista (Service Pack 2) and the iCloud Control Panel 2.1 or later for Windows;
- Apple TV (2nd generation) with Software Update 5.1 or later.
How Do You Turn on Photo Stream on Your iPhone iPad
Once your devices are up to date and you have set up your iCloud account, it's easy turn on Photo Stream on any of your devices. On your iOS devices, go to Settings > iCloud > Photo Stream, and turn on My Photo Stream and Shared Photo Streams.
How to Turn on Photo Stream
Tip 1: Photos uploaded to Photo Stream or Shared Photo Streams do not count against iCloud storage.
Tip 2: Photo Stream supports JPEG, TIFF, PNG, and most RAW photo formats. Photo Stream does not work with video.
When Do Photos Upload to My Photo Stream
When you enable My Photo Stream on your devices, all new photos you take or import to those devices will be automatically added to your photo stream.
On an iOS device, new photos you take will be automatically uploaded to your photo stream when you leave the Camera app and are connected to Wi-Fi. Note: My Photo Stream does not push photos over cellular connections.
Tip 3: The photos you upload to My Photo Stream are stored in iCloud for 30 days to give your devices plenty of time to connect and download them.
Important Note: If you delete some photos from Photo Stream and want to get them back, you can make it with PhoneRescue. Here is a guide about how to recover deleted photo stream photos from iPhone.
More Related Articles You May Like
- Transfer Photos from iPad to Computer - This page will show you how to transfer photos from iPad to computer without iTunes. Read more >>
- Download Photos from Computer to iPad - This tutorial will show you how to donwload photos from computer to iPad, iPad mini. Read more >>
- Transfer Music from iPhone to iTunes - Helps you copy music and video from iPhone back to iTunes library. Read more >>
- Import iPhone Photos from Computer - Get a new iPhone and want to transfer photos from computer to iPhone? Read on this help page to Read more >>