How to Fix YouTube Won't Play in Background
YouTube won't play in background on your iPhone? This article will teach you how to fix YouTube background play not working.
Get this software to free download videos from YouTube after figuring out how to fix YouTube background play not working.
YouTube is world's largest library of movies, music, games, etc and watching YouTube videos is a good way to spend spare time. However many people would also like to do other things while watching videos. If you want to run other applications when playing YouTube, you can minimize the window on your computer and the playing still goes on. On iPhone, we can play YouTube with screen off iPhone. Recently, however, many users find YouTube background play not working through browser on iPhone. Here in this article, we will focus on fixing YouTube won’t play in background on iPhone.
Solution 1. Check YouTube Settings
If YouTube won't play in background, there is a big possibility that you didn't enable YouTube to play in background. To enable YouTube to play in background, please visit YouTube.com and then click three vertical dots on the right corner, select Desktop.
Fix YouTube Won't Play in Background by Checking YouTube Settings
Solution 2. Check Internet Connection
When playing YouTube videos or songs, you need to keep your iPhone/iPad/iPod connected to Wi-Fi network. So if you find YouTube won't play in background after you click Play button, please check whether your iPhone/iPad/iPod is connected to a stable Wi-Fi network.
Solution 3. Stop Running Multiple Windows
When playing YouTube videos with a browser, please don't visit other web with the same browser at the same time, because opening a new window with the same browser will stop YouTube video play. Please try to surf the Internet with another browser when you play YouTube in background.
Solution 4. Switch Another Browser
The issue may occur on some third-party browsers, like Firefox, so you can try to visit YouTube with Apple Safari. It will likely work.
Solution 5. Use YouTube Red
YouTube app doesn't allow you to play videos in background, but YouTube Red can do it. You can subscribe YouTube Red, $9.99/month, and it also enables you to download YouTube videos from it.
Bonus Tip: How to Download YouTube Videos with Ease
As one of the most popular video platforms, YouTube enables us to watch massive videos online, but it doesn't allow us to download videos from both the website and app. If we want to download the videos to our computer or iPhone for future watching, how to make it? Do not worry, AnyTrans, an all-in-one iOS content manager, now with its new video download function, could help you download YouTube videos freely, but here are more AnyTrans could do for you:
1. Helps you download videos from 900+ website easily, including YouTube, BBC, Dailymotion, Instagram, etc.
2. Supports downloading videos on the format of MP4, M4V, MOV, WMV, RMVB, MKV, AVI, FLV, RM, which means you can basically download online videos without format barrier.
3. Download videos with AnyTrans is absolutely for free.
Now try AnyTrans to download YouTube videos with the following steps.
Step 1. Launch AnyTrans on your computer > Click Video Download.
How to Download YouTube Videos with AnyTrans - Step 1
Step 2. Choose one folder to save the videos > Copy and paste the video's URL to the downloading box > Click the Download button to start.
How to Download YouTube Videos with AnyTrans - Step 2
Step 3. You can view the downloading progress and manage the videos by clicking the button on the upper right corner.
How to Download YouTube Videos with AnyTrans - Step 3
1. If the downloading is failed, you can click the button to restart the process.
2. If you want to transfer the downloaded video to your iDevice, just click button to make it. AnyTrans could automatically transfer the video into iDevice-supported format.
The Bottom Line
With solutions above, we hope you can fix the issue that YouTube play background not working. And if you want to download YouTube videos, please give AnyTrans a try!
What's Hot on iMobie
More Related Articles You May Like:
- How to Fix YouTube Playback Error - Read this article and try to fix YouTube playback error. Read More >>
- How to Fix YouTube Error 503 - Read this guide and learn how to fix YouTube error 503. Read More >>
- How to Download MP4 Videos from Any Website for Free - This post will show you how to download MP4 videos from any website freely. Read More >>
- How to Download BBC Videos Easily - This tutorial will teach you download BBC videos easily. Read More >>