How to find old or deleted text messages on your iPhone? Here in this guide, you will find 4 reliable ways to look up old text conversations on iPhone.
“I have a conversation that likely has tens of thousands of messages sent over the past year. Now, I just want to find texts 6 months ago in August. How can I scroll through those messages without spending too much time?”
Since a large number of messages are keeping on our iPhone, it can be a serious challenge to do messages indexing and search for the specific text messages that received several months or even years ago. Then, is there any quick way can complete the job?
The answer is absolutely yes. In the following, we will share 4 time-saving yet labor-saving methods. You will learn how to find old text messages on iPhone by date, search iPhone text history with or without scrolling, and also, you can get back messages that were deleted. Read the methods to get the way that is suitable for you.
Also Read: How to Find Hidden Messages on iPhone >
PhoneRescue for iOS can help you search iPhone text history and find old messages on iPhone that were deleted. As a professional iOS data recovery tool, it has helped a huge number of iPhone users find out old messages successfully, even the messages received several years ago. If you have lost your iPhone, it allows you look up messages from iTunes/iCloud backup. If you haven’t backed up, it can also solve the problems. Check how can it help you:
1. Get PhoneRescue for iOS installed and launch it.
2. Connect your iPhone to the computer if you need to recover old messages to iPhone directly > Here we take Recover from Backup as an example, then click Right Arrow to proceed.
3. Select Messages to recover.
4. Then all old text messages will be listed here, including messages and attachments. Choose Sort by date and texts will be listed from old-time to newer date. Select the messages you want to retrieve and click To Device or To Computer button.
Further Reading: Recover Deleted Text Messages from iCloud Backup >
If you need to go to beginning of text messages on iPhone, here is the easy way to do with just scrolling:
1. Open the Messages app and enter the text conversation that you want to view the old messages.
2. Touch the location of time (top-left corner of the screen) or network (top-right corner of the screen).
3. Then you can quickly view the old messages from the beginning of the conversation.
1. Swipe down on the Home screen with your finger to bring up Spotlight Search.
2. Tap the search bar and enter the keywords or phone number > Preview the results list.
3. Choose one date or conversation to locate the Messages you are searching for.
1. Open the Messages app and enter All Messages > Swipe down with your finger to expose the search box.
2. Enter the keywords or phone number in the search box and the results list will automatically update as you type.
As we mentioned above, you can easily scroll to the first message on iMessage only if the conversation history is kept on your iPhone. It means that you can retrieve text messages on iPhone even 4 years ago or longer. However, if the old text messages you want to search for are not on the iPhone, you can try to use PhoneRescue for iOS to retrieve old deleted messages/iMessage without resetting. Therefore, it’s easier to see older messages on iPhone, even from years ago.
Further Reading: How to Fix iMessages Not Syncing Between Mac and iPhone >
You can easily search iPhone text messages by date with a scroll to the beginning of the conversation. Then, is there a way to see the first message on iPhone without scrolling?
Also, you can go to PhoneRescue for iOS and scan iPhone messages. Next, you can click sort by date to quickly find iPhone messages/iMessage by date without scrolling. What’s more, PhoneReascue for iOS allows you to retrieve deleted messages without backup, or extract iPhone backup with ease. You can choose old backup files from the list, which helps you see messages from years ago.
That’s all about how to get old messages on iPhone. And, PhoneResuce for iOS helps you to search old messages and recover deleted text messages with ease. Besides, it also supports extracting and recovering photos, contacts, notes, ringtones, and other up to 31 file types from iOS devices. Just give PhoneRescue for iOS a try now.
Product-related questions? Contact Our Support Team to Get Quick Solution >