How to Delete Songs from iPod touch/shuffle/Nano/Classic
How to delete songs from iPod touch/shuffle/Nano/Classic? You can get four methods to delete iPod songs easily in this guide.
Download this amazing iOS content manage to transfer, add, and delete songs from your iPod after reading this guide on how to delete songs from iPod/iPod touch.
You know that you can easily sync music from computer to iPod or iPod touch with iTunes, while it is hard to remove songs from iPod, especially if you are working with an old iPod like iPod Nano, iPod shuffle and iPod Classic. For iPod touch users, you can delete one or two songs from your iDevice with ease, but what if you want to remove a lot of unwanted songs?
In this guide, we provide you four ways to delete songs from iPod touch/shuffle/Nano/Classic. Whether you want to keep these songs on a computer after you deleted them from iPod, you can get a way to make it with great ease.
Method 1. Delete Songs from iPod But Keep Them in Computer/iTunes Library
Method 2. Delete Songs from iPod and iTunes Library
Method 3. Delete Songs from iPod touch/shuffle/Classic/Nano Directly
Method 4. Delete Songs from iPod touch/shuffle/Classic/Nano with AnyTrans for iOS
Method 1. How to Delete Songs from iPod But Keep Them in Computer/iTunes Library
As the ancient music players, Apple doesn’t offer them the function of deleting music from one device directly. If you want to delete songs from iPod, you need to do it on your computer with iTunes. Steps are followed:
Step 1. Delete songs from iPod/iPod touch but still keep on computer: Connect your iPod to computer > Run iTunes if it doesn’t open automatically > Click the device mark of your iPod > Click Summary > Check Manually Music and Videos in Options Column.
Step 2. Click Music at On My Device Column > Right click the songs you want to delete > Click Delete from Library to remove songs from iPod and iPod touch.
Note: This method just deletes songs from iPod or iPod touch, but these songs still keep in your iTunes library and computer.
Method 2. How to Delete Songs from iPod/iPod touch and iTunes Library
You know iTunes is the tool that allows you to sync music, videos, photos and other iOS data from computer to iDevices, and it also erases the previous data on your music when syncing. So if you don’t like some songs on your iPod or iPod touch, you can delete them from your iTunes library, and then sync your device with iTunes. Follow us to delete music from iPod/iPod touch with steps below:
Step 1. Delete the songs you don’t like from iTunes library: Launch iTunes > Click Music mark > Select My Music > List your music as Songs > Select the songs you don’t like > Click Delete from Library to remove them.
Step 2. Connect your iPod to computer > Sync the music from your computer to iPod with iTunes.
– When deleting songs from iTunes library, you’d better choose “Keep File” when a window pops up and ask, “Do you want to move the selected songs to Trash or keep it in the iTunes Media Folder”. Because you still can get them back when necessary.
– If want to find some way to sync music from computer to iPod without erasing previous songs, you can read this guide: How Do I Sync Music from Computer to iPod without iTunes >
Method 3. How to Delete Songs from iPod touch Directly
Unlike ancient iPods, iPod touches are given the function of deleting songs directly from the device like any iPhones and iPads. You can delete songs one by one from the Music app or delete all songs from the Settings app on the iPod touch.
For the iPod touch running iOS 8.3 and before: Open Music app > Select Songs along the bottom > Find the song you want to remove > Slide to right until the Delete button shows > Tap on Delete to delete the selected song.
For the iPod touch running iOS 8.4 and later: Open the Apple Music app > Select My Music along the bottom > Tap the song you want to delete > Click “…” next to the song name > Click Delete and confirm that you want to delete the song from your iPod touch.
Or you can delete all songs from iPod touch in Settings: Launch Settings > General > Usage > Manage Storage > Music > Edit > Click the red minus icon > Delete.
Method 4. How to Delete Songs from iPod with AnyTrans for iOS
AnyTrans for iOS is an all-in-one iOS content management tool for iPhone iPad iPod. With it, you can easily delete songs from iPod Nano, iPod shuffle, iPod Classic or iPod touch music, here are reasons why you will need AnyTrans for iOS.
- You can massively delete songs from iPod in one click, saving lots of time.
- You are given the option to preview and selectively delete songs you don’t need from iPod.
- You can also use AnyTrans for iOS to transfer music to computer, iTunes library or another iPod for backup before deleting songs from iPod.
- You can use AnyTrans for iOS to manage photos, videos, contacts, messages on iPod/iPad/iPhone.
Step 1: Free Download AnyTrans for iOS, install and launch it on your computer (PC or Mac).
Step 2: Connect your iPod or iPod touch to computer with USB cable > Click Audio on Homepage > Select Music tab.
Step 3: Select the songs you want to delete > Click To Trash button to delete unwanted songs from your iPod or iPod touch.
– As you can see, except deleting one or all songs from iPod/iPod touch, AnyTrans for iOS also can be used to transfer music from iPod touch to computer, iTunes library, even other iDevices. Absolutely, you also can add songs from computer to iPod with rating, playlists and play counts, and you won’t lose any previous music on your device.
– Except managing music, AnyTrans for iOS also is an expert at managing Videos, Photos, Contacts, Notes, Messages, Bookmarks, Calendar and other iOS contents. More than anything, it also supports selectively extracting files you like from iTunes or iCloud backup. Anyway, AnyTrans for iOS is a powerful iOS contents management tool you can’t miss. Free Download and Try It Now >
Don’t Miss: How to Transfer iPod Music to iTunes >
The Bottom Line
With this guide of how to delete music from iPod/iPod touch, no matter you want to delete one song or all the songs from your device, you can easily make it. If this post is useful for you, don’t be selfish, please remember to share it on your Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus.