According to our users’ report, they usually have the plan to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone in the following cases:
- Get a new iPhone XR/XS (Max), and want to transfer photos to the new iPhone.
- Have some interesting photos, and want to share photos between your iPhone and your families’ or friends’ iPhone.
- Or just want to transfer photos from one iPhone to another for an extra backup.
No matter which situation you are in, you are totally on the right page. Transferring photos from one iPhone to another is quite easy. In this post, we focus on how to transfer pictures from iPhone to iPhone and offer you 4 different ways: with an iPhone to iPhone Transfer Tool, iTunes, iCloud, or AirDrop.
Method 1: How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to iPhone [Recommended]
To get full control on your iPhone photos, an iPhone photo manager tool AnyTrans for iOS can be your best choice. It makes it easy & fast to transfer a few or a large number of photos between iPhones. Now you can have a basic learning of it and then try to transfer pictures from one iPhone to another without iTunes or iCloud.
- Time-saving & Labor-saving. Just one click and a few minutes are needed to finish the transferring job. It takes only a few minutes to transfer over 2000 photos.
- No Quality Loss. It keeps the original picture quality, no need to worry about damaging the quality of the photos after transferring.
- Widest Coverage of Photos Types. All types of photos and albums on your iPhone can be transferred, including Camera Roll, iCloud Photo Library, Live Photos, Panoramas, Screenshots, Photo Share, Selfies, etc.
- Backup Photos from iPhone to Computer – It allows you to import pictures from iPhone to PC or Mac with no efforts.
- Guarantee 100% Safe & Security. During the transferring process, all the contents on your two iPhones will be kept safe. No iCloud/iTunes restore, namely, no any data coverage and data loss.
- Compatible with All iPhone Models. It works well with all iPhone devices, such as iPhone 4/4s/5/5s/SE/6/6s/7/8/X, and the latest iPhone XR/XS (Max).
Now, Free Download AnyTrans for iOS firstly, and then follow the two methods below to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone effortlessly.
Option 1. How to Transfer Photos from one iPhone to Another Selectively with AnyTrans for iOS
Step 1. Connect your devices to transfer photos.
Free Download AnyTrans for iOS and install it on your Mac or PC > Run it > Connect both of your iPhones to the computer (PC or Mac) with its USB cable > Go to the category page.
Step 2. Select the photos you want to transfer.
Select Photos > Pick up the album with the photos you want to transfer.
Step 3. Transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone.
Select the specific photos you want to transfer > Click To Device button to transfer photos to another iPhone.
Here is a video on how to transfer photos from one iPhone to another with AnyTrans for iOS, you can have a look:
Since iOS 11 and iPhone 7, Apple started using HEIC photos to replace JPG for saving photos on iOS devices and Macs. While this new file format is remarkably more efficient in terms of storage space and high quality, it is not yet widely compatible. But, don’t worry, AnyTrans fully supports this image format.
Option 2. How to Transfer All Photos from iPhone to iPhone in One-Click
Step 1. Connect your devices and choose transfer mode.
Free Download AnyTrans for iOS and install it on your computer > Launch it > Connect both of your iPhones to the computer with USB cables > Choose Content to Device mode.
Step 2. Confirm your target iPhone.
Confirm your target iPhone, and then click the Right Arrow to continue.
Step 3. Transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone.
Select the items you want to transfer to another iPhone > Click on the Right Arrow to start transferring photos.
- Option 1 is perfect when you want to transfer part of photos from one iPhone to another, and Option 2 is suited for you when you need to transfer all photos from iPhone to iPhone.
- If you just get a new iPhone, in addition to only transfer photos from an iPhone to another, you can actually transfer more data from old iPhone to new iPhone with AnyTrans for iOS.
Method 2: How to Transfer Photos from Old iPhone to New iPhone Using iCloud
iCloud Photo Library allows you to sync photos across all iOS devices. It replaced the traditional Camera Roll and Photo Stream options with an All Photos section. There is no 30 days or 1,000 photos restriction either. There are some tips to know before starting the tutorial about how to transfer photos from old iPhone to new iPhone via iCloud:
- The two iPhones need to be iOS 8.3 or later.
- You need to enable iCloud Photo Library on both iPhones.
- The two iPhones should log into the same Apple ID.
- You will need to be connected to a wireless network to upload the photos.
- You need to make sure there is enough iCloud storage space since iCloud Photo Library uses your iCloud storage allotment.
When you transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone via iCloud, you are not allowed to preview or select the photos before transferring. Besides, you can’t transfer the photos that are synced from the computer and your photos may get lost during the process. To avoid all these troubles, just jump to Part 1.
Step 1. Log in iCloud
Launch the Settings > Tap on your account > Tap on iCloud > Tap on Photos.
Step 2. Enable iCloud Photo Library
Toggle the “iCloud Photo Library” ON.
Step 3. Photo Quality Settings
Choose “Optimize iPhone Storage” or “Download and Keep Originals”.
Step 4. Upload Photos
It takes a while to upload photos to the iCloud Photo Library. After it is done, you will be able to access them from an All Photos album in the iPhone’s Photos app.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to iPhone Using iCloud
How to Transfer Photos from One iPhone to Another Using iTunes
When you try to use iTunes to transfer pictures from old iPhone to new iPhone, you can only transfer the photos in Camera Roll while the photos in iCloud Photos Library, Photos Synced from computer, Shared photos are not included. What’s worse, it will wipe all existing data on your old iPhone and replace with the content in the iTunes library. Just jump to Part 1 to transfer pictures from iPhone to iPhone without iTunes.
Step 1 Transfer photos from iPhone to computer
For Mac users: You can import photos from iPhone to Mac with Photos: Connect your iPhone to Mac with USB cable > Launch Photos app if it doesn’t open automatically > Pick up the photos you want to transfer > Click Import or Import Selected to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac. Except for Photos, you also can transfer photos from iPhone to Mac with Preview, Image Capture or Aperture.
For Windows user: You can export iPhone photos to computer with AutoPlay with following steps: Connect your iPhone to computer with USB cable > Click Import Pictures and Videos when AutoPlay appears > Choose a destination for your iPhone photos > Click Import.
Step 2 Transfer photos from computer to another iPhone with iTunes
Connect your new iPhone, family or friends’ iPhone to computer with USB cable > Launch iTunes if it doesn’t run automatically > Click the Device button in the upper right corner of iTunes > Click Photos > Select Sync Photos from Application or Folder > Click Apply.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to iPhone with iTunes
- If you have turned on iCloud Photo Library on your iPhone, a window will show “iCloud Photos is On”. That means you have to turn off iCloud Photo Library to complete the transferring process via iTunes.
- Otherwise, your iTunes won’t allow you to transfer photos. But if you turn off iCloud Photo Library on iPhone, all the photos stored in iCloud but not on your device will be deleted. If you want to keep all your precious photos and prefer an easier way, Part 1 is your best choice.
Method 4. How to Transfer Photos from One iPhone to Another with AirDrop
The direct way to transfer photos from one iPhone to another is using AirDrop. Make sure your iPhone is running iOS 7 and later, and it is an iPhone 5 or newer. Firstly make sure Wi-Fi and Bluetooth options are enabled on both iPhones.
Step 1Enable AirDrop on two iPhones
Go to the Settings app on iPhone > General > AirDrop > Set it to Everyone or Contacts Only (make sure you are in the contact of the target iPhone).
Or you can just open the Control Center of your iPhone to open AirDrop.
Step 2Select photos you want to transfer from Photos app
Open the Photos app on your iPhone and find the pictures you want to send.
Tap the Share icon in the lower left corner.
The AirDrop option will show and tap on it.
Step 3Receive photos from the target iPhone
AirDrop will pop up and ask if you want to receive photos just send from the iPhone. Receive the photos and they will be saved to Photos app.
The Bottom Line
Apparently, compared with the iCloud and iTunes way, AnyTrans for iOS offers you a much easier way to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone. Except for photo transfer, it also supports transferring more 20+ files from iPhone to iPhone, including contacts, messages, notes, music, etc. Why not free download it and have a try now >