How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to iPhone 6s/7/8/X in 3 Ways
Want to transfer photos from old iPhone to new iPhone or want to share photos between your iPhone and your family’s (or friends’) iPhone? Read this guide to learn 3 ways to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone.
Download AnyTrans on your computer, and then follow this guide to see how to transfer photos from old iPhone to new iPhone directly.
- Get a new iPhone 6s or iPhone 7, and want to transfer photos from old iPhone to new iPhone?
- Have some interesting photos, and want to share photos between your iPhone and your family’s (or friends’) iPhone?
- Just want to transfer some photos from one iPhone another for backup?
If you are stuck on any situation above, and you are seeking solutions to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone, congratulations, you come to a right place. In this guide we will focus on how to transfer photos from one iPhone to another, and offer you 3 ways to make it with a few clicks.
When it comes to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone, without doubts, iCloud syncing is the most widely mentioned method. All you need to do is turning on My Photo Stream and log in same Apple ID on both of iPhones. But the question is that you and your family or friends can’t use the same Apple ID. What’s more, you have no choice but to share the whole Camera Roll photos album, and can’t decide what to share or not. Therefore, before telling you how to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone via iCloud syncing, we will show you an easy & quick way with greater flexibility to move photos between two iPhones.
Also Read: How to Print Photos from iPhone In Seconds >
Part 1: How to Transfer Specific/All Photos from iPhone to iPhone with AnyTrans
As a fantastic iOS data transfer tool, AnyTrans supports transferring more than 24 types of iOS data, all the photo albums like Camera Roll, Photo Stream, Photo Library, and Photo Share, all of them are in supported list.
- It not only supports transferring photos from iPhone to iPhone, it also supports importing photos from iPhone to computer, and from computer get back to iPhone. And also allows you to one click to clone all the photos to new iPhone without iCloud syncing.
- More than anything, during transferring, the photos on both of iPhones will keep intact, and you won’t lose any existing picture.
- AnyTrans is available on Windows and Mac computer, and it works for all iPhone, iPad and iPod, including iPhone 7/SE/6s/6/5s/5/5c/4s/4 and the new iPhone 8/X.
Now download AnyTrans and install it on your computer, and then follow us to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone with a few clicks.
1. Transfer Specific Photos from One iPhone to Another with AnyTrans
Step 1: Run AnyTrans on your computer > Connect both of your iPhones to computer (PC or Mac) with its USB cable > Chose Device Manager > Go to category page.
How to Transfer Specific Photos from iPhone to iPhone with AnyTrans – Step 1
Step 2: Select Photos > Pick up the album with the photos you want to transfer.
Selectively Transfer Photos from One iPhone to Another with AnyTrans – Step 2
Step 3: Select the specific photos you want to transfer > Click To Device button to transfer photos to another iPhone.
How to Transfer Photos from One iPhone to Another with AnyTrans – Step 3
2. To Transfer All Pictures from iPhone to iPhone with AnyTrans
Step 1. Go to shortcut screen > Click Content to Device option.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to iPhone 8/X/7/SE/6s at Once with AnyTrans
Step 2. Confirm your target iPhone 6/6s/7/8/X and continue.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to iPhone 8/X/7/SE/6s at Once with AnyTrans
Step 3. Select Camera Roll you want to transfer to another iPhone > Click Start Transfer button.
Transfer Photos from iPhone to iPhone 8/X/7/SE/6s at Once with AnyTrans
- Method 1 is perfect when you want to transfer or share some specific photos with another iPhone, and method 2 is suit for you when you want to move all the photos from old iPhone to new iPhone, or you want to share all the photos of some album with your family or friends.
- If you just upgraded to new iPhone 8/X/7/6s from an old iPhone, except transferring photos to new iPhone, you can transfer more data from old iPhone to new iPhone by following this guide: How to Transfer Data to New iPhone 8/X/7/6s/SE >
Part 2: How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to iPhone Using iCloud
iCloud Photo Library allows you to sync photos across all iOS devices. It replaced the traditional Camera Roll and Photo Stream options with an All Photos section. There is no 30 days or 1,000 photos restriction either. There are several things you need to know before starting the tutorial about how to transfer photos from old iPhone to new iPhone via iCloud Syncing:
- The two iPhones need to be iOS 8.3 or later.
- You need to enable iCloud Photo Library on both iPhones.
- The two iPhones should log into same Apple ID.
- You will need to be connected to a wireless network to upload the photos.
- You need to make sure there is enough iCloud storage space since iCloud Photo Library uses your iCloud storage allotment.
Step 1. Launch the Settings > Tap on iCloud > Tap on Photos.
Step 2. Toggle the "iCloud Photo Library" ON.
Step 3. Choose between "Optimize iPhone Storage" and "Download and Keep Originals".
Step 4. It takes a while to upload photos to the iCloud Photo Library. After it is done, you will be able to access them from an All Photos album in the iPhone’s Photos app.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to iPhone Using iCloud
Part 3: How to Transfer Pictures from iPhone to iPhone with iTunes
To transfer pictures from iPhone to iPhone with iTunes, you need to transfer photos from iPhone to computer firstly, and then import photos from computer to another iPhone. Follow us to transfer pictures from iPhone to iPhone with following steps:
Step 1: Transfer photos from iPhone to computer.
For Mac users: You can import photos from iPhone to Mac with iPhoto: Connect your iPhone to Mac with USb cable > Launch iPhoto if it doesn't open automatically > Pick up the photos you want to transfer > Click Import or Import Selected to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac. Except iPhoto, you also can transfer photos from iPhone to Mac with Preview, Image Capture or Aperture.
For Windows user: You can export iPhone photos to computer with AutoPlay with following steps: Connect your iPhone to computer with USB cable > Click Import Pictures and Videos when AutoPlay appears > Choose destination for your iPhone photos > Click Import.
Step 2: Transfer photos from computer to another iPhone with iTunes: Connect your new iPhone, family or friends' iPhone to computer with USB cable > Launch iTunes if it doesn't run automatically > Click the Device button in the upper right corner of iTunes > Click Photos > Select Sync Photos from Application or Folder > Click Apply.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to iPhone with iTunes
1. When syncing photos from computer to iPhone, all the previous Photo Library photos will be erased.
2. If you have turned on iCloud Photo Library on your iPhone, a window will appears when you transferring and shows to you that “iCloud Photos is On. XXX can access photos in iCloud. Photos can be downloaded to your device via Wi-Fi or cellular network”.
That means you have to turn off iCloud Photo Library on your iPhone to complete the transferring process via iTunes. Otherwise, your iTunes will not allow you to transfer photos. But if you turn off iCloud Photo Library on your iPhone, all the photos stored in iCloud but not on your device will be deleted. If you want to keep all your precious photos and prefer an easier way to finish the task, Part 1 can be your best choice.
3. When importing photos from iPhone to Mac with iPhoto or other Apple Tools, or exporting iPhone photos with AutoPlay, you only can succeed in transferring Camera Roll Photos from iPhone to computer, but failed in transferring Photo Stream and Photos Library photos.
The Bottom Line
Doesn't it sound hard? Download AnyTrans and try it yourself! Except transferring photos from iPhone to iPhone, AnyTrans also supports transferring contacts, messages, notes, music, and data and files between two iDevices. Absolutely, it also supports transferring iOS contents between computer and device, iTunes library and device. Anyway, iMobie AnyTrans is an all-in-one iDevice management tool helps you keep your contents organized. Why Not Download and Give it a Try Now >
What's Hot on iMobie
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac - Want to move the whole photo library from iPhone to Mac? Read this post to make it minutes. Read more >>
- Want to Get Deleted or Lost iPhone Photos Back - Get them back in minutes with this PhoneRescue tutorial. Read more >>
- How to Massively Delete Photos from iPhone - Delete iPhone photos one by one? Read this post to learn a way to delete all useless photos. Read more >>
- How to Transfer Photos from Photo Library to Computer – This guide tells you a quick way to transfer Photo Library to computer. Read more >>
- How to Import Photos from iPhone to Mac - Read to figure out how to Import Photos from iPhone to Mac (Yosemite and El Capitan Included) Read more >>
- How to Transfer iPhone Photos to PC - Read to figure out How to Transfer iPhone Photos to PC (Windows 7/8/10 Included) Read more >>