How to Fix iTunes 12.7 Problem - iTunes App Not Showing
Find no apps tab after updating to the newest iTunes 12.7? Read this guide to find why iTunes apps not showing, and how to view them again.
This iTunes alternative can help you add data like apps or ringtones to iPhone iPad easily. Just give it a try by yourself after you learn why iTunes apps not showing up.
iTunes apps not showing problem is one of the most common iTunes problems. Before iTunes 12.7 is released, this issue normally is caused from factors like iOS firmware, iTunes software itself, jailbreaking, etc. And you can try these methods to get rid of it:
Tip 1. Transfer Purchased App in iTunes.
Tip 2. Signing-Out and Signing Back in to the Apple Account on Device.
Tip 3. Restore Device in Recovery Mode.
However, after iTunes 12.7 is available now, many users have complained about that there are just only no app items for syncing, but even no Apps tab in the left side of iTunes. And those tips above do not works at all. “Where are my apps in iTunes 12.7?” Keep reading for the answer.
Part 1. Why iTunes 12.7 Apps Not Showing
Actually, you are not the only one shocked by the unexpected changes of iTunes 12.7. Many users also find the apps missing from iTunes. Previously, we may call iTunes app not showing as a bug, or a problem. But honestly, in iTunes 12.7, it is not at all. Why? That’s because Apple has removed its ability to sync apps and ringtones, and now iTunes just focuses on transferring music, movies, TV shows, podcasts, and audiobooks.
To make it much more clear what the latest iTunes 12.7 has changed, we list them below:
1. There is no Apps tab in iTunes library (But also no tone tab. Have you noticed it?). So there is no more apps syncing, updating, etc.
2. There is no Apps tab in Device option, either, so you can not manage your apps on iPhone iPad any like app removing.
3. The most significant one is that there is no Store tab at the bar of Library, For your, Browse, and Radio. No more app downloading.
Putting it simply, Apple is staring moving out the app trace from iTunes. Apple official suggests users to use the new App Store on iPhone iPad to redownload them without your computer. But what if you really need to add apps to iPhone iPad from Mac or PC, or managing the apps on device, such as deleting? Keep reading to get the practical solutions below.
Apps Not Showing in iTunes 12.7
Part 2. How to Fix iTunes 12.7 Apps Not Showing
As we mentioned above, iTunes 12.7, or later, has no such function of managing apps. Under such situation, we need search help from other iOS data manager alternatives to do so. Here in this part, we sincerely recommend professional one - AnyTrans.
AnyTrans, as an all-in-one iOS data management tool, can help you transfer apps from computer to iPhone, or from iPhone to iPhone, and deleting the unwanted ones without effort. Besides that, it also supports transferring ringtones, music, videos etc. What’s more, it will not erase any existing data on your device. Now download AnyTrans and follow the steps below to add apps to iPhone iPad.
Step 1. Run AnyTrans on your computer > Connect your iPhone to it > Scroll down to category page.
Fix iTunes Apps Not Showing with AnyTrans - Step 1
Step 2. Click Apps option.
Fix iTunes Apps Not Showing with AnyTrans - Step 2
Step 3. Then you can see all apps on your device, and at this screen, you can add new apps, delete the ones you dislike, and move them to another device.
Fix iTunes Apps Not Showing with AnyTrans - Step 3
Since there is no Tone tab in iTunes library, either, if you would like to add ringtones to your iPhone, you can click Audio > Ringtones > Click “+” button to make it.
Fix iTunes Tone Not Showing with AnyTrans
The Bottom Line
Apple removes the ability to sync and manage apps and ringtones in iTunes 12.7, so you find apps not showing up. If you still want to transfer apps or ringtones from computer to iPhone iPad, then try AnyTrans right away.
What's Hot on iMobie
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Transfer Videos from Computer to iPhone 8/X – Read this guide to see how to put videos on your iPhone. Read more >>
- How to Transfer Music from iPhone to iPhone 8/X – This post will tell you how to send songs from iPhone to new iPhone. Read more >>
- How to Transfer Ringtones from iPhone to iPhone 8/X – Read this article to see how to transfer ringtones to new iPhone. Read more >>
- How to Transfer Messages from iPhone to iPhone 8/X – This guide shows you how to transfer SMS from old iPhone to new iPhone. Read more >>