iTunes apps not showing problem is one of the most common iTunes problems. Before iTunes 12.7 is released, this issue is normally caused by factors like iOS firmware, iTunes software itself, jailbreaking, etc. And you can try these methods to get rid of it:
Tip 1. Transfer Purchased App in iTunes.
Tip 2. Signing-Out and Signing Back into the Apple Account on Device.
Tip 3. Restore Device in Recovery Mode.
However, after iTunes 12.7 is available now, many users have complained that there are just only no app items for syncing, but even no Apps tab in the left side of iTunes. And those tips above do not work at all. “Where are my apps in iTunes 12.7?” Keep reading for the answer.
Why iTunes 12.7 Apps Not Showing
Actually, you are not the only one shocked by the unexpected changes of iTunes 12.7. Many users also find the apps tab missing from iTunes. Previously, we may call the iTunes app not showing as a bug or a problem. But honestly, in iTunes 12.7, it is not at all. Why? That’s because Apple has removed its ability to sync apps and ringtones, and now iTunes just focuses on transferring music, movies, TV shows, podcasts, and audiobooks.
To make it much more clear what the latest iTunes 12.7 has changed, we list them below:
- There is no Apps tab in iTunes library (But also no tone tab. Have you noticed it?). So there are no more apps as well as tones syncing, updating, etc.
- There is no Apps tab in Device option either so you can not manage your apps on iPhone iPad, like app removing, anymore though iTunes.
- The most significant one is that there is no Store tab at the bar of Library, For your, Browse, and Radio. No more app downloading.
Putting it simply, Apple is starting moving out the app trace from iTunes. Apple official suggests users to use the new App Store on iPhone iPad to redownload them without your computer. But what if you really need to add apps to iPhone iPad from Mac or PC, or managing the apps on device, such as deleting? Keep reading to get the practical solutions below.
Apps Not Showing in iTunes 12.7
iTunes Alternative for iTunes 12.7 Apps Not Showing
As we mentioned above, iTunes 12.7, or later, has no such function of managing apps. Under such situation, we need to seek help from other iOS data manager alternatives to do so. Here in this part, we sincerely recommend a professional one – AnyTrans for iOS.
- It lets you back up apps to your app library, and then you can sync the apps even in the old version to your device.
- It allows you to transfer apps from computer to iPhone, or from iPhone to iPhone and deleting the unwanted ones without effort.
- Besides that, it also supports transferring other data such as ringtones, music, videos, etc.
- What’s more, it will not erase any existing data on your device. You don’t need to worry about data missing with AnyTrans for iOS.
Here we will show you how to back up apps from iPhone/iPad to app library, download AnyTrans now and follow the steps below to add apps to your device.
Step 1Open AnyTrans > Plug in your iPhone or iPad > Choose Device Manager > Swich to Category Management > Click Apps.
Step 2Choose the apps you need > Click Download to App Library button to start backing up apps locally.
Step 3Choose App Downloader in the drop-down menu > Click App Library > Manage your downloaded apps: update apps to the latest version, install apps to your device, delete apps.
AnyTrans can also help you sync ringtones from iTunes to iPhone. Besides that, it also enables you to transfer songs to your iPhone as ringtones, just click Device Manager > Audio > Ringtones > Click “+” button to make it.
The Bottom Line
Apple removes the ability to sync and manage apps and ringtones in iTunes 12.7, so you find apps not showing up. If you still want to transfer apps or ringtones from computer to iPhone iPad, then try AnyTrans right away.