If you have been added into a group text that you don’t want to be a part of, this guide will tell you how you can remove yourself from a group text on an iPhone. The post offers detailed steps that will let you easily remove yourself so read on to learn how.
For many users out there, group texts are important as they let you easily communicate with all the members of the group. However, sometimes it happens that someone adds you to a group text that you do not wish to join at all. You keep getting notifications for the messages that are not relevant to you at all but there’s nothing you can do about it. Fortunately, there are ways available to get you out of such texts and the following guide should teach you how to remove yourself from a group text in iOS 11/12.
Once you have followed the steps that let you remove yourself from a group text on an iPhone, you will no longer be a part of that group and thus you will not receive any messages on your iPhone sent from that group.
Whether your iPhone runs the latest iOS 12 or a slightly older version iOS 11, you should still be able to use the same steps to get yourself out of a group text aka unwanted trouble. Here’s how:
1. The first thing you will want to do is launch the Messages app on your iPhone as that is where the group texts take place. Once there, find the group text that you are a part of and tap on it to open it.
2. When the group conversation opens on your screen, tap on the option that reads Details to open the details screen for the group text.
3. On the details screen, scroll all the way down until you find an option that says Leave this Conversation. This is the option that will let you remove yourself from the group text so tap on the option.
You should have successfully removed yourself from the group text now and you will no longer receive any messages from the group ever again.
It could be the case that you do not want notifications from a group text but you would still like to be a part of it. In that case, your iPhone offers you the option to disable all the alerts coming from that group on your device. That way you won’t be bothered and still be a part of the group.
Here’s how to do it on your iPhone:
1. Launch the Messages app on your iPhone.
2. Tap and open the group text you want to hide alerts for.
3. On the following screen, tap on the Details option.
4. Tap on the Hide Alerts toggle on the screen that follows.
You are all set. Your iPhone will hide all the alerts from the selected group texts.
If you are stuck in a group conversation and wish to leave it, the above guide should teach you how to remove yourself from a group text on an iPhone running iOS 11/12. We hope it helps you to remove yourself from all the unwanted groups you have been added to.
Product-related questions? Contact Our Support Team to Get Quick Solution >
The best tool to transfer, backup and manage your iPhone iPad content, even iTunes, iCloud backup files. As easy as ABC!