Quick Ways to Open and Set up Built-in Webcam in Laptop Windows
This guide will walk you through the solution to how to open a webcam on a laptop having Windows 10/8/7. It provides you with a separate solution for each Windows version. The information in this article is applicable to cameras used with a laptop running Windows 10/8/7.
You can use the front camera on the computer because most laptops have a webcam. When using video calling applications with PC versions, you can easily make video calls with the in-built camera.
You don’t need any more gadgets like removable cameras that can be used to link laptops to desktop PCs. The technique to how to set up a webcam in different Windows versions usually is not very different, nor do you need to set up other adjustments.
Open Built-in Webcam in Laptop Windows
The following post will show you how to open a webcam in laptop Windows. It doesn’t matter if you own a heavy graphics gaming laptop or just a typical one to watch movies. These solutions will work both ways.
How to Open and Set up Webcam in Laptop Windows 10?
Many new Windows 10 devices come with a webcam, which you can use with an app that allows you to capture images, record videos, or stream external videos while video chatting. Microsoft has created an app named Camera for this purpose, which comes pre-installed in Windows 10.
The Camera app in Windows 10 can be used in a variety of ways. Search is one of the quickest ways to launch the Camera app.
Open and Set up Webcam in Laptop Windows 10 via the Camera App
- Type the term camera into the search box on the taskbar by clicking or tapping on it.
- Either select the camera app from the results or click or tap on it.
- On the right side of the panel, press open.
The Start Menu is another option to access the Camera app in Windows 10.
Open and Set up Webcam in Laptop Windows 10 via the Camera Shortcut
- Start by clicking or tapping the Start button.
- Scroll through the list of apps.
- Select the Camera shortcut from the drop-down menu.
How to Open and Set up Webcam in Laptop Windows 8?
Many Windows 8 devices have built-in cameras. A native Windows 8 app can be used to activate this camera.
Open and Set up Webcam in Laptop Windows 8
- To access the side Charms bar, move your cursor all the way to the bottom right corner of Windows.
- To access the Start menu, select Start from the list of alternatives.
- In the purple box to the right of the Start menu, select the Camera app.
- When the permission screen displays, select Allow to grant the app access to your camera and microphone.
- To switch modes, click the Video option in the bottom right corner of the camera screen once it has been activated.
How to Open and Set up Webcam in Laptop Windows 7?
Many laptops and desktop monitors come with inbuilt webcams. In windows 7, you might not be able to find the Camera app. But you don’t have to worry. There are other solutions for opening a webcam on Windows 7. You can use third-party webcam software to open and set up a webcam in Windows 7.
- Make sure your laptop is connected to the Internet.
- Open Google Chrome or any other browser you use.
- Search for any third-party webcam software. You can find a plethora of them on the internet.
- Download a free third-party webcam software.
- Now, you can use your webcam in Windows 7.
What If My Webcam in Laptop Windows Not Working?
If your Windows camera isn’t working after you’ve verified that it’s fully enabled, there are a few things you can try to get it working again.
My Webcam in Laptop Windows Not Working
- Check to see if anything is obstructing the webcam’s lens: this may seem self-evident, but make sure your webcam lens is free of stickers, dust, or other obstructions. Ensure that the plastic privacy shutter on your built-in webcam is fully open so the lens can be seen. Give the lens a quick wipe-down with a soft cloth if it’s obstructed by fuzz or debris.
- Check for any updates that are available and install them: a built-in camera, for example, can malfunction due to faulty software upgrade. Check your camera’s drivers, or see if Windows has any updates available.
- Turn on your computer again: always try restarting a device if it isn’t working. Restarting your computer will aid in the installation of any updates that are currently pending.
- Check your antivirus software on your PC: it’s possible that your antivirus and software attempting to use your camera are at odds. Examining them more attentively can assist you in diagnosing and resolving the issue.
- Check to see if the relevant device is turned on: when you have a built-in camera and an external webcam connected, programs may be unsure which one to utilize. In the app’s settings, look for the option to choose your preferred device.
The Bottom Line
A webcam is a small camera that connects to a monitor or laptop. They can be used for anything from taking still photos to transmitting live video via conference calls. A webcam is incorporated into the computer screen on many laptops. This article walked you through the steps for how to open a webcam in a laptop running on Windows 10/8/7. Now, you can be stress-free whenever you have a meeting with your colleagues, or you just want to take a picture.