How to Zoom in/out Webcam
Do you want to adjust the size of your face in the webcam? This page will guide you on how to zoom in/out in webcam and how to fix the webcam not working on zoom issue.
There was a time when the webcam was not as important as it is today, and it was an amenity that only large businesses could afford. But today, it is important for almost everyone, from big corporations to small businesses. Everyone needs a good functioning webcam.
At first, it might appear insignificant but zoom in and zoom out are the most important features you will need on your webcam to have the best video conferencing experience. Here we will walk you through the complete steps. We will assess you on how to zoom in webcam, zoom out webcam, and fix webcam not working on zoom. So keep reading!
How to Zoom in Webcam
A webcam’s zoom option allows users to have a good quality face-to-face chat while video conferencing. However, Microsoft Windows does not possess native webcam options. But still, with the help of instant messaging applications, you have the opportunity to configure a webcam’s zoom settings. You can effortlessly access these features through an instant messaging application, including Windows Live Messenger.
Follow the given steps to zoom in webcam:
- First, you need to launch Windows Live Messenger on your PC/laptop. To do so, click on the “Sign In” feature by typing in your user name and password.
- Now, right-click the “Tools” option present on the top menu bar and tap on the “Setup audio and video devices” option.
- Once done, Adjust the device speaker volume by dragging the slider under the Speaker. Similarly, set the microphone sensitivity by placing the slider under the Microphone. And tap on the “Next” option.
- Choose the Webcam from the drop-down list and click on the “Webcam Settings”, then tap the “Camera Control” tab from the top.
- Finally, drag the slider to the “Zoom” option. Adjust the slider accordingly to the left or right to zoom in.
- To confirm all the settings, press the “Ok” button.
Reset the Settings in Windows Live Messenger
How to Zoom out Webcam
Zooming out in the webcam is as simple as it is to zoom in. Read the steps below to learn how to zoom out on the webcam.
- Start Windows Live Messenger and sign in with your username and password credentials. Once successfully signed in, turn on the webcam.
- Click on the “Tools” option from the toolbar present on the top.
- Go to the “Setup the Audio and Video Devices” option.
- Select the “Device” option on the dropdown list and then tap on the “Entry” option for the webcam.
- Open “Webcam Settings” and then press the tab captioned “Camera Control” to adjust zoom settings.
- Now drag the slider accordingly to the left or right to zoom out the webcam and then click the “OK” button.
Drag the Progress Bar on the Left to Adjust Image
How do I Zoom My Webcam on Windows 10?
If you are using a computer running windows 10 and are wondering how to zoom your webcam on windows, the steps below will assist you.
- Right-click on the “Start” to open the “Start Menu”.
- At the start menu, type in the “Camera App” on the search bar to access the Camera app.
- Allow the Camera app to access your webcam, your microphone, and your location. Turn on your device location setting.
- Once you can see an image of what’s in front of the webcam, it implies that your camera is working.
- The Camera app allows you to zoom your webcam in or out both in photo and video mode. To do so, press on the “Zoom” icon and drag the slider accordingly to left or right to adjust the zoom settings on the webcam on your Windows 10.
Launch the Camera App
How to Fix Webcam Not Working on Zoom Issue
If your webcam is not working in Zoom for any reason, you can still attend zoom meetings with just your microphone on. However, it’s always better to have face-to-face conference meetings, so it’s worth the effort to fix your Zoom webcam. There could be several reasons why zoom is not able to detect your camera, such as:
- The camera is turned off in your device’s settings.
- There is some unexpected Interference from other software or devices that are causing problems.
- Your device is Outdated or corrupt.
- There are some technical problems with your camera’s hardware.
Regardless, here we give you the following methods to get your camera working in Zoom:
- Make sure your camera is connected correctly and turned on.
- If you are using a wireless webcam, make sure your Bluetooth is turned on.
- Some webcams also have an option of a physical on/off switch button. Make sure it is turned on.
- During an ongoing meeting, if your camera is not working, click on the up arrow next to the camera icon and see if the desired webcam is selected.
- Close all other software that has access to your camera. Software running in the background can cause unnecessary interference, impeding the zoom camera from working.
- Make sure that Zoom has permission to access your camera. You can check this by going to your device’s app settings.
- Make sure your device is up to date. Open Device Manager and check that all the drivers of the device camera are updated.
- If nothing works, you can try restarting your device. A reboot fixes half the computer problems as it closes ongoing procedures that could be causing interference with software or hardware, such as your webcam.
- Zoom offers advanced tools designed settings to enhance video playback quality, but they sometimes have the opposite result. If your video quality continues to be distorted, open “Zoom Settings” and go to the “Video” tab, and select the “Advanced”.
- Finally, you can try “Reinstall Zoom”. Uninstall the software and try to reinstall it from the Apple App Store, Google Play, or directly from the Zoom official website.
The Bottom Line
In this article, we give numerous ways to access webcam settings and help you learn how to zoom in and zoom out the webcam. Also, we provided you a tested method on how to fix the webcam not working issue on zoom. Hope this tutorial solves your problem. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to leave a comment below.