PhoneRescue helps you retrieve lost data back from iOS devices (iPhone, iPad and iPod touch) directly, or from iTunes and iCloud backup and even fix your iOS to normal. Here are some common issues on PhoneRescue, please check the answers below:
Yes, once you purchase PhoneRescue, you will enjoy lifetime updates and support freely.
With the trial version, the scanned personal data (contacts, messages, etc) can only be displayed with the several letters and dots. Once you upgrade to registered version, you can preview & recover all of them.
Time period has very little influence on data recovery. Actually, it largely depends on whether the data is overwritten or not. Thus, please try PhoneRescue trial version to check whether it can find your deleted data or not.
It’s very simple to install PhoneRescue on your computer. Please follow the steps below to install it.
1. Click the downloaded file named “phonerescue-ios-mac”and open it.
2. Move PhoneRescue icon to Applications directly.
3. You can find PhoneRescue in your Applications when the copying process completes.
1. Double click the file named “phonerescue-ios-setup.exe” you download from our official website.
2. Please click Install button.
The installing process will be initiated automatically.
3. Please click Start button to open it after the installing process finishes.
The free version of PhoneRescue supports to scan and preview your lost data. But you will be unable to recover the lost data to your device or computer until you activate it with the license code (product key). Please follow instruction below to activate PhoneRescue.
1. Launch PhoneRescue on your Windows/Mac computer and then click the "Register" button on the upper right corner.
2. Copy the license code (product key) to avoid any typing mistakes and paste it on the activation area. And then click "Activate" button. Meanwhile, please make sure the Internet connection is fine while register.
With PhoneRescue, the scanned personal data (contacts, messages, etc) may be show as red. It means those data have been deleted but PhoneRescue can help you recover them back to both iOS device and computer.
We will upgrade our PhoneRescue regularly to improve our software performance and optimize functions. You can click the "Check for Updated" option on the menu to check whether you have the latest version of PhoneRescue. Then, it will lead you to the upgrade page. You can choose whether to download it or not. Or you can just download the latest version from our download page directly:
For Windows: https://dl.imobie.com/phonerescue-setup.exe
For Mac: https://dl.imobie.com/phonerescue-mac.dmg
If you fail to download or install PhoneRescue on computer, please try these instructions to solve this issue:
1. Please check whether your computer operating system is compatible with PhoneRescue: https://www.imobie.com/phonerescue/specs-ios.htm.
2. Please make sure the internet connection on your computer is stable when you try to download or install PhoneRescue.
3. If the issue is still unresolved, please check that all anti-virus and firewall software is temporarily disabled on your computer.
4. If problem persists, please try to copy&paste the download URL in the browser to download PhoneRescue:
For Windows: https://dl.imobie.com/phonerescue-setup.exe
We will upgrade PhoneRescue regularly to improve our software performance and optimize functions. You can click the "Check for Updates" option on the menu to check whether you have the latest version of PhoneRescue. Then, please click Update Now button to update PhoneRescue.
Or you can just download the latest version from our download page directly:https://www.imobie.com/phonerescue/download.htm?prindex=
PhoneRescue supports 7 languages (English, Japanese, German, French, Spanish, Arabic and Simplified Chinese) currently. Please refer to the following detailed instructions to choose your preferred language:
Open PhoneRescue > Click the Menu tab on the upper left of the screen > Click Choose Language > Choose your preferred language > Click Getting Started.
Open PhoneRescue > Click the Menu tab on the upper right of the screen > Click Choose Language > Choose your preferred language > Click Getting Started.
When recovering lost photo/video with PhoneRescue, many customers prefer to recover the original date info as well. To recover the date info, please simply click the “Setting” button on the lower left corner of the interface and then tick “Photo Export Option: Keep photo date info that’s created on your device."
When recovering data to computer, PhoneRescue helps set the format of the recovered files to meet your needs. You can simply follow instruction below to set this:
Please launch PhoneRescue > Click the “Settings” button on the lower left corner of the interface > Change the format of your desired data > Click Save.
How to set the backup path of PhoneRescue? Please refer to the instructions below to learn more about that.
Please open PhoneRescue > Click Settings button on the lower left of the interface below > Click Select button to choose the path that you want to save backups > Click Save.
How to set the export path of PhoneRescue? Please refer to the following steps to know more about that.
Please open PhoneRescue > Click Settings button on the lower left of the interface below > Click Select button to choose the path that you want to save data > Click Save.
To avoid the automatic sync, please do not launch iTunes when running PhoneRescue.
Meanwhile, we suggest you to disable the automatic syncing in iTunes beforehand: Launch iTunes > Preferences > Devices > Check “Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically”.
Sometimes, Recover from iOS Device mode may fail to find your lost data because the deleted data have been overwritten by other new data. If you encounter this situation, here are our suggestions:
1. Please try “Recover from iTunes Backup” mode to scan from iTunes backup and find lost data from these backups.
2. You can also try “Recover from iCloud” mode to download and scan from iCloud backup for your lost data.
If problem persists, please contact our Support Team directly for further help.
PhoneRescue helps bring your lost messages back, together with all related info, like message date and the contact. But when both message string and contact are deleted, it would be less possible to recover related message date or contact information. Thus, many messages may show “unknown contact“ when you recover them.
To find your lost message and contact info at the best chance, please try to look through the whole message list to find the contact info you need under other related contents.
The reason why the size of the backup file is smaller than the file on your iCloud backup is because the iCloud backup file contains information relating to purchase history, device settings and other app data that we do not copy when downloading your backup file.
Our customer may encounter the same issue if the Mac OS version is older than 10.8.0. Thus, to avoid the compatibility issue, please check your OS version.
If your OS version is before 10.8.0, please upgrade it to use our product normally. Or you can download & install PhoneRescue on your family or friends' computer to give it a new try.
If your OS version is compatible with PhoneRescue, considering this rare issue, please kindly provide us with Log file to our Support Team directly for further analysis.
Please open Finder > Go > Go to Folder > Enter:
and send the files in the folder to us as attachment.
Some customer feedback PhoneRescue may crash or freeze occasionally. If you encounter the crash/freeze problem, please help us to fix it by follow suggestions below:
1. Firstly, please restart your iOS device and PhoneRescue to run it again.
2. If problem persists, please send a log file to our Support Team. It's easy to send the log file: open PhoneRescue> click the Menu tab of PhoneRescue> click Send Log-file to Us > send the zip file to us as attachment.
3. If PhoneRescue crashes/freezes constantly and is unable to launch anymore, please send us your log file manually.
For Windows computer, please go to folder:
C:\Users\Your computer name\AppData\Roaming\iMobie\PhoneRescue\Errorlog
and send the file in the folder to us as attachment.
For Mac computer, please open Finder > Go > Go to Folder > Enter:
and send the files in the folder to us as attachment.
If you fail to send log file to us via mail, please kindly submit your request with log file from link below: https://my.imobie.com/support/create_ticket.php
For most occasions, PhoneRescue can detect your device automatically once your device is connected to your computer. But if you find PhoneRescue fails to recognize after a long time, you can refer to troubleshooting steps below:
1. Please download the latest version of PhoneRescue from link below:
2. Please make sure you have installed the latest version of iTunes and iTunes can recognize your device normally. If not, please reinstall iTunes.
3. Please click “Trust” this computer when an alert asks on your device.
If problem persists, please send a log file to our Support Team for further analysis.
Considering the importance of your data, PhoneRescue will backup all your device data before launching recovery process. Once your computer or device do not have sufficient space to finish backup process, PhoneRescue will show error code 105. To tackle this issue, please free up enough space for your computer and device.
Error code 31 will show if backup process occurs error. To solve this issue, please use iTunes to create new backup for your device. Then, you can use PhoneRescue normally.
Error code 0022 will show if you are not using the latest version of PhoneRescue or your internet connection is unstable. To solve this problem, please update PhoneRescue to the latest version. Meanwhile, please make sure the internet connection is fine while using PhoneRescue.
PhoneRescue will show error code 207 if iTunes backup is encrypted. To tackle this issue, please Uncheck Encrypt Backup option. After that, you can use PhoneRescue normally.
If your iOS devices are in Apple logo\ recovery mode loop\ black screen, you may need to try iOS Repair Tools option to get the device back to normal state. Here are the detailed instructions:
1. Please connect your iOS device to PhoneRescue, and then choose iOS Repair Tools option.
2. Please follow the steps below to use iOS Repair Tools feature:
3. If it fails, please submit a ticket to us in our support center for making further diagnosis:
If you encounter different technical issues when using PhoneRescue, to help us find a solution for you, please refer to the instructions below to send log file to Support Team (email@example.com) to make further analysis.
Open PhoneRescue > Click the Menu tab on the upper left of the interface > Click Send Log > Send the zip files to us as attachment.
Open PhoneRescue > Click the Menu tab on the upper right of the interface > Click Send Log > Send the zip files to us as attachment.
If you cannot send the log file directly, please find error log from the path below and zip it as attachments via email.
Mac: Users\Your computer name\Library\Application Support\com.imobie.PhoneRescue\ LogsFolder
Windows: C:User\Your computer name\AppData\Roaming\iMobie\PhoneRescue\Errorlog
What to do if PhoneRescue fails to recover the password of iTunes encrypted backup? Please refer to the following instructions to solve this issue.
The possible reason:
1. You don’t choose the correct type of original password. For example, the type of your original password includes Numbers and Special Characters, but you only check the Numbers or Characters type. Meanwhile, if you cannot remember the types of your original password, please choose multiple types as possible. Undoubtedly, it will take much time. Please keep patient.
2. The length of original password is incorrect. For instance, your original password is a six-digit password but you only choose the 2-5 digits on settings. Meanwhile, if you cannot remember the length of your original password, please choose the maximum length as possible. Undoubtedly, it will take much time. Please keep patient.
3. Some special characters cannot be recovered, such as the International input method special characters. At present, PhoneRescue only supports the special characters as below:
In addition, for Windows user, it may require them to manually install CPU driver when recovering the password.
There are some manufacturers links provided as below according to the different CPU Vendor.
How to uninstall PhoneRescue? Please refer to the instructions below to learn more about that.
Open Finder > Click Applications > Find PhoneRescue > Choose Move to Trash option after right-clicking PhoneRescue > Then right-click Trash to select Empty Trash.
Please open Control Panel > Choose Programs > Click Programs and Features > Find PhoneRescue > Right-click PhoneRescue to Uninstall/Change.
In order not to lose important data during the recovery process, PhoneRescue will back up your device firstly in Recover from iOS Device mode. How to delete the backup to free up more computer space? Please refer to the instructions below to learn more about that.
1. Please open PhoneRescue > Click Recover from iTunes Backup icon > Click the arrow in the lower right corner of PhonRescue interface.
2. After that, the interface below will display. Please check the backup that you want to delete and then please click the Delete icon to remove the chosen backup.
If you don’t change the backup path, you can delete the unwanted backup in the following path:
Windows: C:\Users\Your computer name\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup
Mac: /Users/Your computer name/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup
When scanning personal data in PhoneRescue, you may see that the scanned personal data shows one black line. It means that the data includes the existed and deleted data at the same time.