PhoneRescue helps you retrieve lost data back from iOS devices (iPhone, iPad and iPod touch) directly, or from iTunes and iCloud backup and even fix your iOS to normal. Here are some common issues on PhoneRescue, please check the answers below:
Sometimes, Recover from iOS Device mode may fail to find your lost data because the deleted data have been overwritten by other new data. If you encounter this situation, here are our suggestions:
1. Please try “Recover from iTunes Backup” mode to scan from iTunes backup and find lost data from these backups.
2. You can also try “Recover from iCloud” mode to download and scan from iCloud backup for your lost data.
If problem persists, please contact our Support Team directly for further help.
PhoneRescue helps bring your lost messages back, together with all related info, like message date and the contact. But when both message string and contact are deleted, it would be less possible to recover related message date or contact information. Thus, many messages may show “unknown contact“ when you recover them.
To find your lost message and contact info at the best chance, please try to look through the whole message list to find the contact info you need under other related contents.
To avoid the automatic sync, please do not launch iTunes when running PhoneRescue.
Meanwhile, we suggest you to disable the automatic syncing in iTunes beforehand: Launch iTunes > Preferences > Devices > Check “Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically”.
The reason why the size of the backup file is smaller than the file on your iCloud backup is because the iCloud backup file contains information relating to purchase history, device settings and other app data that we do not copy when downloading your backup file.
Our customer may encounter the same issue if the Mac OS version is older than 10.8.0. Thus, to avoid the compatibility issue, please check your OS version.
If your OS version is before 10.8.0, please upgrade it to use our product normally. Or you can download & install PhoneRescue on your family or friends' computer to give it a new try.
If your OS version is compatible with PhoneRescue, considering this rare issue, please kindly provide us with Log file to our Support Team directly for further analysis.
Please open Finder > Go > Go to Folder > Enter:
and send the files in the folder to us as attachment.
Some customer feedback PhoneRescue may crash or freeze occasionally. If you encounter the crash/freeze problem, please help us to fix it by follow suggestions below:
1. Firstly, please restart your iOS device and PhoneRescue to run it again.
2. If problem persists, please send a log file to our Support Team. It's easy to send the log file: open PhoneRescue> click the Menu tab of PhoneRescue> click Send Log-file to Us > send the zip file to us as attachment.
3. If PhoneRescue crashes/freezes constantly and is unable to launch anymore, please send us your log file manually.
For Windows computer, please go to folder:
C:\Users\Your computer name\AppData\Roaming\iMobie\PhoneRescue\Errorlog
and send the file in the folder to us as attachment.
For Mac computer, please open Finder > Go > Go to Folder > Enter:
and send the files in the folder to us as attachment.
If you fail to send log file to us via mail, please kindly submit your request with log file from link below: https://my.imobie.com/support/create_ticket.php
The free version of PhoneRescue supports to scan and preview your lost data. But you will be unable to recover the lost data to your device or computer until you activate it with the license code (product key). Please follow instruction below to activate PhoneRescue.
1. Launch PhoneRescue on your Windows/Mac computer and then click the "Register" button on the upper right corner.
2. Copy the license code (product key) to avoid any typing mistakes and paste it on the activation area. And then click "Activate" button. Meanwhile, please make sure the Internet connection is fine while register.
For most occasions, PhoneRescue can detect your device automatically once your device is connected to your computer. But if you find PhoneRescue fails to recognize after a long time, you can refer to troubleshooting steps below:
1. Please download the latest version of PhoneRescue from link below:
2. Please make sure you have installed the latest version of iTunes and iTunes can recognize your device normally. If not, please reinstall iTunes.
3. Please click “Trust” this computer when an alert asks on your device.
If problem persists, please send a log file to our Support Team for further analysis.
When recovering lost photo/video with PhoneRescue, many customers prefer to recover the original date info as well. To recover the date info, please simply click the “Setting” button on the lower left corner of the interface and then tick “Photo Export Option: Keep photo date info that’s created on your device."
When recovering data to computer, PhoneRescue helps set the format of the recovered files to meet your needs. You can simply follow instruction below to set this:
Please launch PhoneRescue > Click the “Settings” button on the lower left corner of the interface > Change the format of your desired data > Click Save.
We will upgrade our PhoneRescue regularly to improve our software performance and optimize functions. You can click the "Check for Updated" option on the menu to check whether you have the latest version of PhoneRescue. Then, it will lead you to the upgrade page. You can choose whether to download it or not. Or you can just download the latest version from our download page directly:
For Windows: http://dl.imobie.com/phonerescue-setup.exe
For Mac: http://dl.imobie.com/phonerescue-mac.dmg
With the trial version, the scanned personal data (contacts, messages, etc) can only be displayed with the several letters and dots. Once you upgrade to registered version, you can preview & recover all of them.
Considering the importance of your data, PhoneRescue will backup all your device data before launching recovery process. Once your computer or device do not have sufficient space to finish backup process, PhoneRescue will show error code 105. To tackle this issue, please free up enough space for your computer and device.
Error code 31 will show if backup process occurs error. To solve this issue, please use iTunes to create new backup for your device. Then, you can use PhoneRescue normally.
Error code 0022 will show if you are not using the latest version of PhoneRescue or your internet connection is unstable. To solve this problem, please update PhoneRescue to the latest version. Meanwhile, please make sure the internet connection is fine while using PhoneRescue.
PhoneRescue will show error code 207 if iTunes backup is encrypted. To tackle this issue, please Uncheck Encrypt Backup option. After that, you can use PhoneRescue normally.
If your iOS devices are in Apple logo\ recovery mode loop\ black screen, you may need to try iOS Repair Tools option to get the device back to normal state. Here are the detailed instructions:
1. Please connect your iOS device to PhoneRescue, and then choose iOS Repair Tools option.
2. Please follow the steps below to use iOS Repair Tools feature:
3. If it fails, please submit a ticket to us in our support center for making further diagnosis: