How to Fix iPhoto Not Recognizing iPhone
If your iPhone doesn’t show up in iPhoto and you need to import photos urgently, try solutions in this guide.
Take a tour with this iPhoto alternative AnyTrans to import iPhone photos to Mac freely. Now read on this guide to learn how to fix the iPhoto not recognizing iPhone problem.
Question: "Just this morning I tried to sync my photos from my iPhone to iPhoto on my MacBook and I plug my phone in and iTunes pops up just fine but iPhoto doesn't automatically open and when I manually open it my phone does not show up as a camera device."
Like the above user asked in MacRumors Forum, many iPhone users have reported the same issue that their iPhone doesn’t show up in iPhoto, and is therefore failed to import photos from iPhone to Mac. You may meet this problem after a new iOS update or just randomly.
Quick Fixes to iPhone Doesn’t Show Up in iPhoto
In this post, we will show you some potential fixes to solve the iPhoto not recognizing iPhone issue.
- Quit iPhoto and re-launch it. And if that doesn't help, restart your Mac and your iPhone.
- When connect your iPhone to Mac, unlock it with passcode.
- Open iPhoto > Preferences > General > Connecting camera opens, here you can choose what happens when a camera or your iPhone connects to your Mac. If you choose iPhoto, your iPhone should appear when you plug it to Mac.
- Clear iPhoto Cache on Mac. You clear your iPhoto library with MacClean or do it manually: Open Finder > Click on Pictures option > iPhoto Library > Ctrl click on iPhoto Library, and choose "Show Package Contents" > Locate the iPod Photo Cache folder and drag it to the trash.
Import Photos to Mac with an iPhoto Alternative
If your iPhone still cannot be recognized by iPhoto, try this part. AnyTrans, is an alternative to iPhoto or Photos app on Mac. Check its main features:
- Import photos from iPhone to Mac or PC, covering photos in camera roll, photo stream, photo library, and albums.
- Export iPhone photos to a flash drive or external hard drive.
- Sync photos from computer to iPhone without erasing.
- Copy pictures from one iPhone to another selectively.
An iPhoto Alternative to Import iPhone Photos – AnyTrans
The Bottom Line
With AnyTrans, you can freely manage your iPhone photos on computer, and it is strongly recommended to try AnyTrans for free. Any suggestions or problems on this guide is welcomed, please leave a message in the comment section below.
What's Hot on iMobie
New iOS Data to iPhone Transfer Guidelines > iMobie Team·August 12
2016 Best iPhone Data Recovery Tools Review > Corrinla·August 27
2016 Best iPhone Backup Extractor Tools > Tom·August 16
How to Recover Deleted Text Messages iPhone > Corrinla·March 17
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC > Kelly·August 06
More Related Articles You May Like
- How Can I Transfer Photos Between Two iPhones – Read to learn how to transfer photos from old iPhone to new iPhone. Read more >>
- How to Delete Photos from iPhone in 3 Ways – This guide tells you three ways to delete photos from iPhone. Read more >>
- How to Fix Can’t Delete Photos from iPhone - Read on this guide to fix the photos cannot be deleted from iPhone. Read more >>
- How to Transfer Photos from Mac to iPhone 6 – This guide shows you how to get photos from Mac to iPhone 6. Read more >>