To back up the important data on your iOS device, iTunes and iCloud are both good choices. What exactly iTunes backup include? Does iTunes backup photos? And is there any iTunes alternative to backup my iPhone? How can I view my iOS data in iTunes backup? Now keep reading to figure them out one by one.
Part 1. What Does iTunes Back Up – iTunes Backup File List
Below will give a brief introduction for iTunes backup. iTunes also enables you to encrypt your backup, if you set a password to protect your backup, try your best to keep it in mind. If you forgot iTunes backup password, you’ll not be allowed to unlock this backup.
Photos and Images
– Camera taken, screenshots, images saved, wallpapers, etc.
– Movies, music, videos (other apps/device), ringtones, etc.
Messages & Call Logs
– iMessage, carrier SMS, voice message, contacts, call history, etc.
– App settings, preferences, data, documents and install profiles
– App Store purchased application data
– Game Center and Mail account (messages aren’t backed up)
– Keychain (all accounts passwords to enter into websites or application, including Wi-Fi passwords)
– Home screen arrangement, Paired Bluetooth devices, etc.
– Network settings (Wi-Fi hotspots, VPN settings, network preference)
– Nike + iPod saved workouts and settings
Memos & Calendar & Bookmark
– Notes, voice memos, voicemail token
– Calendar accounts, subscribed calendars, events, etc.
– Safari and map bookmark
– Safari history, offline data, browse cache, mail cache/message/attachments, temp files, etc.
If you want to selectively backup files on your iPhone, or automatically and wirelessly backup iPhone, turn to AnyTrans to help you easily make it. It is a professional iOS file manager that allows you to preview and select the files you prefer most to backup to your computer.
In addition, AnyTrans Air Backup mode takes over the pain during iTunes backup and helps you back up your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch files automatically, wirelessly and securely. You just need to set the backup schedule and all your files on iPhone will be backed up daily, weekly, monthly, or whenever you want. You don’t have to move one finger or even pay attention to it.
Now, let’s download AnyTrans on your Mac/PC computer prior, and then follow the guide below to see how to selectively and automatically backup iPhone in 1 click.
Part 2. How to Selectively Backup iPhone Data
Step 1Launch AnyTrans on your computer > Connect your iPhone to the computer via USB cable > Scroll download to go to the category page.
Step 2Click on the category contains the files you want to backup (here we take Photos for example). Click on Photos > Choose one album.
Step 3Select the photos you prefer > Click on To Computer button on the upper right corner to backup them now.
Part 3. How to Automatically Backup iPhone
Step 1Launch AnyTrans on your computer > Connect your iPhone to the computer via USB cable (If it is the first time that you have used Air Backup function) > Click on Air Backup mode.
Step 2 Disconnect your iPhone > Connect your device and computer to the same Wi-Fi network > Once your iOS device and computer are connected to the same Wi-Fi, it will back up your device automatically. You can change the time frame as you like: daily, weekly, monthly…
Step 3After the backup process is completed, you can check your backups details by clicking More Backup. The backups you created are listed with device name, backup date, iOS version and more info.
The Bottom Line
That’s all, after reading this guide you may have a clear idea about what does iTunes backup: settings, messages, camera roll, documents, saved games, etc. And as you can see, AnyTrans is more smart and reliable for you to backup iPhone. Just have a try now.