What Does iTunes Backup
What does iTunes backup save from iPhone? In this iMobie wiki guide, we will talk about what does iTunes backup include.
PhoneRescue is capable of extracting files in iTunes backup so that you can view and recover iOS files with iPhone backup. Download it to try after reading this guide on what does iTunes backup.
To back up the important data on your iOS device, iTunes and iCloud are both good choices. What exactly iTunes backup include? And is there any iTunes alternative to backup my iPhone? How can I view my iOS data in iTunes backup? Now keep reading to figure them out one by one.
Part 1. What Does iTunes Back Up – iTunes Backup File List
Below will give a brief introduction for iTunes backup.
Photos and Images
- Camera taken, screenshots, images saved, wallpapers, etc.
- Movies, music, videos (other app/device), ringtones, etc.
Messages & Call Logs
- iMessage, carrier SMS, voice message, contacts, call history, etc.
- App settings, preferences, data, documents and install profiles
- App Store purchased application data
- Game Center and Mail account (messages aren't backed up)
- Keychain (all accounts passwords to enter into websites or application, including Wi-Fi passwords)
- Home screen arrangement, Paired Bluetooth devices, etc.
- Network settings (Wi-Fi hotspots, VPN settings, network preference)
- Nike + iPod saved workouts and settings
Memos & Calendar & Bookmark
- Notes, voice memos, voicemail token
- Calendar accounts, subscribed calendars, events, etc.
- Safari and map bookmark
- Safari history, offline data, browse cache, mail cache/message/attachments, temp files, etc.
Note: IiTunes back includes nearly all of your device's data and settings. If you want to selectively backup files on your iPhone or view your iTunes backup without restoring device, you can try AnyTrans. It is an iOS file manager that allows you to backup iPhone to computer in one click, including photos, videos, music, messages, notes, contacts, etc.
Part 2. An iTunes Backup Extractor to View and Recover iOS Data
If you have made backups via iTunes previously, you can extract and recover deleted iOS files from iTunes backup without restoring. All you need is a user-friendly recovery tool - PhoneRescue, working for both Android and iOS. PhoneRescue - iOS data recovery helps extract files in iTunes or iCloud backup, and allows you to recover selected files even it is a text messages without restoring. The files it supports including contacts, messages, notes, call history, reminder, calendar, photos, etc. Download PhoneRescue to Have a Try >
iTunes Backup Extractor for iPhone – PhoneRescue
Also Read: 2017 Best 6 iPhone Backup Extractor >
That’s all, after reading this guide you may have a clear idea about what does iTunes backup: settings, messages, camera roll, documents, saved games, etc. It is also acceptable to backup the iOS device data by encrypting. To learn how to do iTunes backup, please refer to how to backup & restore iPhone iPad with iTunes. Have fun!
Top Posts on Recovering iPhone Lost Data:
How to Recover Deleted Photos from iPhone > By Vicky. April 11th, 2017
How to Retrieve Deleted Messages from iPhone >By Joy. March 24th, 2017
How to Recover Deleted Notes on iPhone > By Vicky. July 7th, 2017
How to Recover Deleted Contacts from iPhone > By Joy. June 30th, 2016
How to Recover Deleted Videos from iPhone > By Vicky. August 28th, 2016
How to Download & Extract iCloud Backup > By Vicky. August. 1, 2017
How to Recover Deleted History on iPhone > By Joy. July 10, 2016
More Related Articles You May Like
- Transfer Music from iPhone to Computer for Free - Step-by-step iPhone guide teaches you to transfer music from iPhone to PC. Read more >>
- Transfer Windows Media Player Music to/from iTunes - Want to change your media library from Windows Media Player to iTunes? Read more >>
- Some Music Won't Sync to iPhone - Why some songs won't sync from iTunes to iPhone? We collected some feedback from our users and. Read more >>
- Copy Music from iPhone to iTunes - How do you transfer music from iPhone to iTunes library as backup? Read more >>
- How to Backup iPhone 6/6s - This guide tells you how to backup iPhone 6/6s in 2 ways.Read more >>