What Does iCloud Back Up?
When you back up with iCloud, what data does iCloud back up? This post will tell you what does iCloud back up and what couldn't iCloud back up.
PhoneRescue enables you to selectively back up and recover data you need. Download it right now and get started using it before reading this post.
iCloud provides an easy and reliable backup solution for Apple users who want to back up their iOS devices wirelessly and automatically. When you sign up for iCloud, you'll get 5GB of free iCloud storage space. Once you've owned the 5GB storage space, what data could iCloud back up for you?
What Does iCloud Back Up
- Purchased history for music, movies, TV shows, apps, and books(as long as they've been purchased from Apple)
- Photos and videos in your Camera Roll
- iOS settings
- App data
- Home screen icon layout and folders
- App organization
- Messages including iMessage, SMS(text messages), and MMS messages
- Visual Voicemail
What Couldn't iCloud Back Up? iCloud doesn't back up data already stored in iCloud, such as contacts, bookmarks, notes, reminders, calendars, mail messages, app documents, apps, music or other media not purchased from iTunes, photos originally synced from a computer, podcast and audio books. Apps are not included in the iCloud backup. Your device backup only includes apps data stored on your device.
The later three items above couldn't be backed up using iCloud and could be backed up using iTunes on a computer. Want to know about iTunes backup information? View the What Does iTunes Backup.
Does it means that when I accidently deleted or lost contacts, bookmarks, notes, reminders, calendars, mail messages, app documents, apps, music or other media on iPhone, I can't find them with iCloud backup? In this case, while you can find them with PhoneRescue – iOS data reocovery, which is an intuitive, easy to use iOS data recovery tool designed for recovering your lost data on your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch. And it recovers up to 22 types files content including contacts , photos, messages, videos, call history, notes, calendars, voicemail, etc. Download and install it right now!
What doesn't count against that free 5GB of iCloud storage space? The short answer is, everything listed on the main page of Settings > iCloud (Contacts, Notes, Reminders, Mail, Calendars, App Document, bookmarks) doesn't count against the iCloud storage. In addition, photos in Photo Stream don't count against the iCloud storage limit.
What to Do When iCloud Storage is Full
Apple only provides iCloud users 5GB of free storage space with an Apple ID. 5GB is more than enough for most people. However, you may meet this condition, you receive the following notification on the device showing your iCloud storage space is full.
At this time, you can opt for backing up your devices to iCloud in four options.
- Turn off the iCloud and back up to your computer making use of iTunes.
- Remove some data from the device to reduce the amount of data that will be backed up to iCloud. (This should be done before backing up.)
- Delete unnecessary data in iCloud to make room for the iCloud. You can read this How to Delete iCloud Backups.
- Purchase additional iCloud storage.
10 GB more (15 GB total) for $20 per year
20 GB more (25 GB total) for $40 per year
50 GB more (55 GB total) for $100 per year
After knowing about the iCloud backup, you may want to know about How Does iCloud Work, How to Backup & Restore iPhone, iPad with iCloud.
What's Hot on iMobie
More Related Articles You May Like
- Transfer Music from iPhone to Computer for Free - Step-by-step iPhone guide teaches you to transfer music from iPhone to PC. Read more >>
- Transfer Windows Media Player Music to/from iTunes - Want to change your media library from Windows Media Player to iTunes? Read more >>
- Some Music Won't Sync to iPhone - Why some songs won't sync from iTunes to iPhone? We collected some feedback from our users and. Read more >>
- Copy Music from iPhone to iTunes - How do you transfer music from iPhone to iTunes library as backup? Read more >>