Welcome to PhoneTrans Pro online help page. For the general software support, you can follow with below how-to tutorials. And if you still have questions, please check our dedicated FAQ page or contact us directly. Think our PhoneTrans Pro is good to use? Please share it with your friends, with a simple click of a badge below:
- Part 1: Welcome Screen Overview
- Part 2: Operating Interface Overview
- Part 3: How to Export Music to Computer
- Part 4: How to Backup Music to iTunes library
- Part 5: How to Transfer Music between iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
- Part 6: How to Add Music onto iPhone (iPad, iPod touch)
- Part 7: How to Create Playlist
- Part 8: How to Transfer Videos, iTunes U, eBooks and other media files to/from iPhone (iPad, iPod touch)
- Part 9: How to Transfer Files Over Wi-Fi Connection
- Part 10: How to Use PhoneTrans Pro iWizard
- 1. Transfer Music with Rating and Play count
- 2. Transfer the Whole Playlist
- 3. Find and Transfer Particular Media Items
- 4. Transfer Music between Two iOS Devices
- Part 11: How to Transfer iPhone iPad iTouch App
Part 1: Welcome Interface Overview
Part 2: Operating Interface Overview
The PhoneTrans Pro function keys:
Refresh the File List Window Add music and media files onto device Remove files from device Transfer files onto computer hard drive Copy files into iTunes library Transfer files from device to device
- In File List Window, all media information will appear here, such as Title, Time, Artist, Album, etc.
To export music to PC / iTunes, delete songs, or add songs to Playlist, you can use the shortcut by right-clicking on the mouse.
Part 3: How to Export Music to Computer
Step 1: Connect your iPhone (iPad, iPod touch) to the computer. PhoneTrans Pro can support unlimited devices at a time.
Step 2: After plugging in your iPhone (iPad, iPod touch), you will find it on the top side of PhoneTrans Pro. Click Music tab to access the songs list window.
Step 3: Highlight the songs you want to transfer. PhoneTrans Pro Filter feature can help you locate particular songs from the library. You can sort out songs by Artists, Albums, Genres, etc. and PhoneTrans Pro will display the songs based on your selection.
Step 4: Click to iTunes/to PC/to Device > set the destination folder for your music > click OK to start.
Tip: 1. Make sure the target output folder has enough vacant space.
2. Regularly PhoneTrans Pro will transfer over 7000 songs in only about 25 minutes, but the transferring speed also depends on USB cable, computer hard disk format, as well as other external factors.
Part 4: How to Backup Music to iTunes library
To transfer music from iPhone to iTunes library, you can simply follow Highlight songs from the list window > Click To iTunes library > Start transfer. It's done. Everything about your music will be perfectly preserved, such as Artists, Albums, Genres, or Composers, etc.
Tips: During the transferring process, the system will help you automatically bring up iTunes, so that you can immediately check the added songs in iTunes library.
Part 5: How to Transfer Music between iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
PhoneTrans Pro can help you straightforward repopulate music collection for the new iDevices from the old ones: follow choose the target songs > click To Device:
Choose a device as the target one > Click OK to start.
Part 6: How to Import Music from Computer
To import music to iPhone (iPad, iPod touch) is easy with PhoneTrans Pro. Click Add > Highlight the songs > Open. Everything is done. The advantage of using PhoneTrans Pro to add music is that, unlike iTunes Sync, it will not erase the original music.
Part 7: How to Create Playlists
PhoneTrans Pro offers you a convenient solution to create Playlists.
- Click Playlist tab, and you'll find the Playlist volume:
- To create or remove a playlist, you can simply click below Plus/Minus button:
- To add songs into the new playlist, you can follow: Highlight the songs > Right-click the mouse > In the Context Menu, click Add to Playlist:
Tips 1: Since your Smart Playlist is automatically created by iTunes, and it is always synchronized with iTunes library, so we set Smart Playlist modification disabled by default.
Part 8: Transfer other media files to/from iPhone (iPad, iPod touch)
iTunes handles very type of media content differently: Keynote files are handled via apps file sharing, music, video and photos have to be synced, books can be dragged and dropped, etc. But now with PhoneTrans Pro, you can freely populate your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch with any type of iOS supported content.
Part 9: How to Transfer Files Over Wi-Fi Connection
PhoneTrans Pro Wi-Fi Transfer feature is based on iTunes 10.5, which introduced the ability to sync your iOS device over Wi-Fi network. Because Apple still cannot assure the 100% stability of Wi-Fi Syncing, you may experience some problems after setting up Wi-Fi option on PhoneTrans Pro, and please use below steps to find a solution:
- Make sure iOS device running iOS 5 or later, and a computer running iTunes 10.5 or later.
- Make sure your device and computer are using the same Wi-Fi network.
It is recommended to check "Sync with this device over Wi-Fi" option in iTunes, to do so: Connect your iOS device with your computer > Launch iTunes and select your device on the left side of the iTunes window > Click the Summary tab > Scroll down to the Options section > enable the "Sync with this iOS device over Wi-Fi" option > Click the Apply Button.
- Open PhoneTrans Pro > Preferences > General > Check "Connet 'Device Name' over Wi-Fi" box:
- After a while, quit and reopen PhoneTrans Pro, unplug your iOS device and check whether our program can detect it over Wi-Fi, as:
- If PhoneTrans Pro still cannot detect your device, restart your home network router. You also need to make sure that your devices are not using a Virtual Private Network (VPN), or that they are all on the same VPN. A VPN may isolate the device and cause connectivity disruptions.
- Be sure your device's battery level is higher than 70%, or you can just keep it charging.
- For transferring a large numbers of files, we highly suggest you to use USB cable connection for its faster speed and much better stability.
Part 10: How to Use PhoneTrans Pro iWizard
iWizard is a quick guide for syncing one device to the computer, iTunes, or other devices.
1. Transfer Music with Rating and Play count
Choose iTunes Library > Check 'Export media ratings and play-counts simultaneously' box:
2. Transfer the Whole Playlist
Choose an output option > Select Base on Playlist > Click Next:
You'll see all playlists on your phone > Choose the target ones and start transfer:
3. Find and Transfer Particular Media Items
You can sort out, group and select media items from below window:
4. Transfer Music between Two Devices
Select Other Device > Pick up a target device > follow steps as above.
Part 11: How to Transfer iPhone iPad iTouch App
To transfer Apps with PhoneTrans Pro, follow: Click Applications tab > Pick up Apps you want to move > Click To iTunes / To PC / To Device in accordance with where you want to keep them.
With PhoneTrans Pro, you can keep all App data, game progresses and personal settings during the transferring. To adjust the default settings, please follow: Summary > Preferences > General > Application:
At last, dear user, thank you for using our PhoneTrans Pro and if you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact us.
- How to Import Music to iPhone
- Transfer EPUB & PDF Files to iPad
- How to Browse iPhone File System
- How to Use iPhone to PC Transfer
- Transfer Music from iPhone to PC
- How to Transfer Files from iPad to PC
- Transfer iPhone Music to iPhone
- Senuti for Windows Download
- What is the Other on my iPhone
- Read More Tips...
More PhoneTrans Pro Guides You May Like
- How To Transfer Music from iPhone to iTunes - How do you transfer music from iPhone to iTunes library as backup? Read more >>
- Transfer Music from iPhone to Computer - Step-by-step iPhone guide teaches you to transfer music from iPhone to PC. Read more >>
- Transfer Windows Media Player to/from iTunes - Want to change your media library from Windows Media Player to iTunes? Read more >>
- iPhone to iPhone Music Transfer - How to Transfer Music from Old iPhone to a new iPhone. Read more >>