Welcome to PodTrans Pro online help page. For the general software support, you can follow with below how-to tutorials. And if you still have questions, please check our dedicated FAQ page or contact us directly. Think our PodTrans Pro is good to use? Please kindly share it with your friends with below badges:
- Part 1: Welcome Screen Overview
- Part 2: Operating Interface Overview
- Part 3: How to Transfer Music to Computer
- Part 4: How to Transfer Music to iTunes library
- Part 5: How to Transfer Music from iPod to iPod
- Part 6: How to Add Music to iPod
- Part 7: How to Create Playlist
- Part 8: How to Use PodTrans Pro iWizard
- 1. Transfer Music with Rating and Play count
- 2. Transfer the Whole Playlist
- 3. Find and Transfer Particular Media Items
- 4. Transfer Music between Two iPods
Part 1: Welcome Screen Overview
On PodTrans Pro Welcome screen, you can see all your iPod details, such as family, type, software version, usage, etc. As PodTrans Pro is also built in with iPod media converter, you can customize the settings in the Preferences windows:
Part 2: Operating Interface Overview
The PodTrans Pro function keys:
Refresh the File List Window Add music to device from computer Remove files from device Transfer files to computer hard drive Copy files to iTunes library Transfer files from iPod to iPod
- In File List Window, all media information will appear here, such as Title, Time, Artist, Album, etc.
To export music to PC / iTunes, delete songs, or add songs to Playlist, you can use the shortcut by right-clicking on the mouse.
Part 3: How to Transfer Music to Computer
Note: if you found PodTrans Pro didn't find your iPod, please make sure your iPod's "Enable Disk Use" option is checked.
Step 1: Connect your iPod to the computer. PodTrans Pro supports managing unlimited iPods at a time, so you can backup music library from multiple iPods at the same times.
Step 2: After plugging in your iPod, you will find it on the top side of PodTrans Pro. Click Music tab:
Step 3: Highlight the songs you want to export. PodTrans Pro Filter feature can help you to locate particular songs from the library. You can pick up Artists, Albums, Genres, or Composers, and it will display music based on your selection.
Step 4: Click to iTunes/to PC/to Device and set the destination folder for your music > Click OK to start transferring.
Tip: 1. Make sure the target output folder has enough vacant space.
2. Regularly PodTrans Pro will transfer over 7000 songs in only about 25 minutes, but the transferring speed also depends on USB cable, computer hard disk format, as well as other external factors.
Part 4: How to Transfer Music to iTunes library
If you want to transfer music from iPod to iTunes library, PodTrans Pro would be a perfect solution. Simply follow Highlight desired songs from the list window > Click To iTunes > Start transfer. It's done. Everything about your music will be perfectly preserved, such as Artists, Albums, Genres, or Composers, etc.
Tips: During the transferring process, the system will help you automatically bring up iTunes, so that you can immediately check the added songs in iTunes library.
Part 5: How to Transfer Music from iPod to iPod
PodTrans Pro can help you straightforward repopulate music collection for the new iPod from the old ones. Choose the target songs > click To Device option
Choose a device as target > Click OK to start:
Part 6: How to Add Music to iPod
Adding music to iPod without iTunes is easy with PodTrans Pro. Just click Import > Pick up the songs > Click Open. It's done. The reason for using PodTrans Pro to add iPod music is that, unlike iTunes Sync, it will not erase the original music saved on iPod.
Part 7: How to Create Playlist
PodTrans Pro gives the most convenient solution to create Playlists.
- Click Playlist tab, you'll see:
- To create or remove a playlist, you can simply click this Plus/Minus button:
- To add songs into a new playlist, you can follow: Highlight the songs > Right-click the mouse > In the Context Menu, click Add to Playlist:
Tips 1: Since your Smart Playlist is automatically created by iTunes, and it is always synchronized with iTunes library, so we set Smart Playlist modification disabled by default.
Part 8: How to Use PodTrans Pro iWizard
iWizard is a quick guide for syncing iPod content with computer, iTunes, or other iPod.
1. Transfer Music with Rating and Play count
Choose iTunes Library > Check 'Export media ratings and play-counts simultaneously' tab
2. Transfer the Whole Playlist
Choose an output option > Select Base on Playlist > Click Next
You'll see all playlists on your pod. Choose the target ones and start transfer.
3. Find and Transfer Particular Media Items
You can sort out, group and select media items from below window:
4. Transfer Music between Two iPods
Select Other Device > Pick up a target device > follow steps as above.
At last, dear user, thank you for using our PodTrans Pro and if you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact us!
More PodTrans Pro Guides You Need To Know
- Backup iPod to iTunes Library - How to transfer iPod files to iTunes library in case the original has become corrupted or erased? Read more >>
- How to Transfer Music from Computer to iPod - PodTrans Pro is the answer to transfer iPod music and other media content back to computer. Read more >>
- Transfer Music from Computer to iPod - Here is a simple iPod tutorial for transferring music from computer to iPod. Read more >>
- Copy Music from Computer to iPod - How to Copy Music from Computer to iPod without iTunes limits. Read more >>