How to Transfer Music from PC/Mac Computer to iPod (touch)
How to transfer music from computer to iPod (touch)? Read this guide to put music on iPod (touch) from computer, covering windows PC and Mac.
Nowadays, iPhone is fitted with much more functions than iPod and iPod touch, and even can replace iPod completely. However, when it comes to listening to music, iPod is still the best choice because of its portability, long battery life, large storage for music, etc. If you have the same idea and you are doing like this, this post is what you need. In this guide, we will focus on how to transfer music from PC/Mac computer to iPod (touch) in details.
To put music on iPod/iPod touch from computer, normally our first choice is syncing with iTunes. However, when syncing music and other iOS data like photos, iBooks, Movies with iTunes, all the synced data on our iDevice will be erased. Therefore, before showing you how to put music on iPod/iPod touch with iTunes, we will show you a new way to sync music from computer to iPod without iTunes, and you also won’t lose any previous data. At the same time, we will also recommend you a nice iOS data management tool – AnyTrans for iOS, which allows you to transfer music from PC/Mac computer to iPod (touch) without erasing any existing data on your iDevice. Next, let’s get it started!
Part 1: How to Transfer Music from PC/Mac Computer to iPod (touch) without iTunes
Before starting tutorial about how to put music on iPod/iPod touch without iTunes, we will make a brief introduction of AnyTrans for iOS firstly. It is meticulously designed for transferring & managing content on iPod/iPod touch, iPhone and iPad, and also fitted with many fantastic features, like:
- Supports putting music on iPod (touch) from computer without iTunes, and it won’t erase any data on iPod.
- Supports transferring music from iPod to iTunes library or computer, not only songs but also playlists, ratings, plays and other info also can be transferred at the same time.
- Also supports transferring music from iPod to iPod or from iPod to iPhone, so you can share songs between two iOS devices.
- Enables to manage music, videos, photos and more on all iPod, iPad and iPhone (including iPhone 8/X).
Next, follow us to add music to iPod/iPod touch from Windows or Mac computer with steps below:
Step 1. Download and install AnyTrans for iOS on the computer. Open it, and connect your iPod to computer via USB cable. After AnyTrans for iOS recognizes your device, click “Add Content” button.
Step 2. Find and select the music you want to transfer from computer to your iPod, then click Open to start transferring. After transferring, all selected songs will be transferred to your iPod touch Music app or other iPod disk.
Compared to sync music with iTunes, you won’t lose any previous song on your iPod while transferring music from computer to iPod with AnyTrans for iOS. If you are having a problem with your iPod touch or iPhone iPad after iOS 11, here is a list of the common iOS 11 problems and solutions.
Part 2. How to Transfer Music from Computer to iPod with iTunes
When putting songs on iPod or iPod touch with iTunes, all the previous media files synced from computer or iTunes library (like, songs, playlists, iBooks, photos, etc.) will be erased. If you don’t want to lose any existing data on your iPod (touch), please move to Part 1 and transfer music from computer to iPod without iTunes.
- Have iTunes installed on your computer. Tip: If you were Windows Media Player user, you need to transfer songs from Windows Media Player onto iTunes library firstly.
- Open iTunes, click File > Add File to Library to import your music (Ctrl+O).
How to Transfer Music from PC/Mac Computer to iPod without iTunes – Step 2
- Connect your iPod to the computer through USB cable. And then you can copy and paste the songs from the iTunes library over to the iPod device, which is supposed to show on the left side of iTunes. If nothing is happening when you drag songs, you may have to go to Summary and check the Manually manage music and videos box.
How to Transfer Music from Computer to iPod (touch) without iTunes – Step 3
- At last, you will find the music you selected has transferred onto iPod devices. This approach would be very annoying if your music files did not put together, because you need to find them one-by-one and import them into iTunes library before transferring to iPod.
Bonus Tip: How to Transfer Music from iPod to Computer
Most of our digital music are saved in two places, on our computer and on our MP3 player like an iPod. The chances are we might lose our computer (or the data on it) due to crashed hard drive, long-term usage or accidental damages.
Even the worst news is that the music you purchased disappears along with it. So what’s left? A handicapped iPod, as Apple restricts its gadgets to sync with one music library. Feel like getting a life-saving straw? Not yet, you should keep it in mind that any attempts to sync your iPod with a different computer will result in an iPod with all your music deleted. What if you want to transfer songs from iPod to a new computer? After downloading and installing AnyTrans for iOS, you can easily make it in 2 steps, as shown below, and without iTunes.
Step 1: Launch AnyTrans for iOS on your computer (Mac or PC) > Connect your iPod or iPod touch to computer with USB cable > Click the button to manage files by category. Click Music to enter the management page.
Step 2: On music manage page, select the songs you want to transfer to computer > Click to Computer to transfer music from iPod to computer with ease.
– AnyTrans for iOS supports all the modes of iPod and iPod touch. No matter what device you are working with, it helps you transfer music between iPod and computer.
– Except transferring music from iPod (touch) to Mac or PC, AnyTrans for iOS also allows you transfer music from iDevice to iTunes library.
The Bottom Line
AnyTrans for iOS is the best iTunes alternative to manage your iPod music and always puts your songs in the right place you need. Besides music, it also supports transferring and managing photos, videos, ringtones, voice memos, contacts, notes, messages, and more on your iPhone/iPad/iPod. AnyTrans for iOS also guarantees you 100% Safe & Security. During this process, all the contents on your iPhone will be kept safe, and you won’t lose any data or file. Now download it to have a try >