Why iMobie Software Won't Recognize My iPhone iPad or iPod
This is an iMobie Help page for providing a solution to users whose iPhone, iPad, iPod won't be found by our software.
Download this award-winning application so that you can make use of it after reading this Why iMobie Software Won't Recognize My iPhone guide.
We have received some feedback about iMobie software won't detect their device issue. Although we are working hard on the development of the new version to fix this, we still deem that it is necessary to compose this Help page for your reference. Frequently asked questions are listed as below:
- I connected my iPhone using the Apple's USB cable, and the iMobie program can't see it. It's been 10 minutes since I connected it. I also checked my iTunes, and it can recognize it just fine. Can you please help me with it?
- Just downloaded your s/w and was instructed to plug in my device. I did so and nothing happened. I also made sure to close iTunes etc. Any suggestions on how to get this going?
Suggestion 1: Cannot Find My iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
Part 1. iOS devices require Apple Mobile Device Support, which should be automatically installed with iTunes. To verify whether it is installed, follow the steps.
Windows XP: Click Start and choose Control Panel > Open the "Add or Remove Programs" control panel and verify that Apple Mobile Device Support is visible in the list of currently installed programs.
Windows Vista and Windows 7: Click Start and choose Control Panel > Click "Programs and Features" > Verify that Apple Mobile Device Support is visible in the list of currently installed programs.
Sometimes you can also give a try on restarting Apple Mobile Device Support. To do so: Open Windows Task Manager > Click Service table > Apple Mobile Device > Hover the mouse on it and right-click > Stop Service > after a little while, Start Service again.
If Apple Mobile Device Support is not listed or your iTunes also cannot read the device properly, remove iTunes, QuickTime, Apple Software Update, Apple Application Support, and then reinstall iTunes. To do so, we recommend you to follow this guide: How to Completely Remove and Reinstall iTunes on Windows
Tip: If you continue to experience issues, please shut down security software temporarily and try again.
Part 2. It may also cause your device fail to load if you have set passcode on it. If so, you can: Open Computer > In C: partition > ProgramData > Apple > Lockdown > Move all files within this folder to other place as backup > Open iTunes, connect your device and you'll see:
Follow this instruction until iTunes can read your device properly. Then open iMobie software to see if it'll work.
Part 3.We cannot guarantee you with 100% solution. However, any piece of feedback will help us find out more methods to avoid or solve this. So, we'll greatly appreciate if you can send us the Error log files, which is helpful to make better analysis.
Suggestion 2: Cannot Find My iPod nano, shuffle, classic
Part 1. Make sure your iPod is enabled disk use. To do so: Open iTunes > Plug iPod to computer > Choose it on the iTunes left side bar > In Settings table > Scroll to the bottom > You'll find Enable disk use option > Check it and then click Apply.
Note: after this option is applied, you can check it by opening Computer:
2. If our software still cannot find your iPod, then make sure the iTunes and iPod software version is up to date.
At last, dear user, if above suggestions still cannot help, please feel free to contact us by mailing to support at imobie dot com. It's our great pleasure to serve you.
What's Hot on iMobie
More Related Articles You May Like
- Transfer Music from iPhone to Computer - Step-by-step iPhone guide teaches you to transfer music from iPhone to PC. Read more >>
- Transfer iPod Music to iTunes - AnyTrans is the answer to transfer iPod music and other media content to iTunes library. Read more >>
- Transfer Music from Computer to iPod - Here is a simple iPod tutorial for transferring music from computer to iPod. Read more >>
- How to Delete Songs from iPod - This guide will show you how to delete songs from iPod, iPod touch without using iTunes. Read more >>