This guide renders you three simple ways to transfer photos from iPhone to laptop. If you want to know more about how to transfer photos from iPhone to computer, this post: How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Computer (Windows 7/8/10 Included) can give you five methods on iPhone to computer photos transfer.
When your iPhone is full of pictures, you may want to import some photos from iPhone to laptop for backup. If you are a new Windows/Mac laptop user, you may don’t know how to import photos from iPhone to laptop. If you are one of old users, you probably stuck on some problems that stop you from transferring photos and videos to laptop. So here, we introduce three ways to transfer photos from iPhone to laptop.
Normally, it is not difficult to transfer photos from iPhone to laptop, some Mac or Windows built-in too can make it. But they only allow you to transfer Camera Roll photos from iPhone to laptop, some albums of photos are not in the supported list, like synced photos from computer, iCloud sharing photos, photo stream photos, etc. Therefore, here we offer you three ways to transfer iPhone photos to laptop, including built-in App and third-party tool. No matter you want to transfer all photos from iPhone to laptop, or just Camera Roll photos, you can make it with ease. Let’s get it started.
Part 1. How to Import Photos from iPhone to Laptop with AnyTrans for iOS (Win & Mac)
If you prefer the easiest way to move photos from iPhone to laptop, one professional iOS data transfer tool named AnyTrans for iOS can be you best choice, because it can be downloaded to any PC and Mac laptop to help you importing photos on iPhone.
- Save Both Time and Labor– Transfer over 3000 photos from iPhone to laptop within 32 SECONDS. 1 click to finish the job.
- Supports Transferring All Photos – Different from most of photo managing tool on laptop, all photos and albums on your iPhone can be transferred.
- No Harm to Picture Quality – All pictures you transferred from iPhone to laptop will be kept in original picture quality.
- Good Compatibility – Works well with all iPhone models, iPhone XS/XR/8/X/7/6s/6/5s/SE/5/4s, with iOS 12/11/10/9/8/7/6/5.
- 100% Safe & Security. Guarantees you that all the contents on your iPhone will be kept safe, and you won’t lose any data or file during the process.
Now let’s download AnyTrans for iOS free trial and follow the steps below to import your selected photos from iPhone to laptop.
Step 1Run AnyTrans for iOS on computer, connect your iPhone to computer. Under Device Manager tab, click .
Step 2On the homepage, tap on photos you want to transfer from camera roll, photo stream, photo library, photo share, albums or other files.
Step 3Select photos you’d like to transfer from iPhone to laptop and then tap on To Computer button on the right top corner to transfer selected photos.
Bonus Method. How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Laptop Wirelessly (Win & Mac)
If you do not have a USB cable at hand or your iPhone cannot be recognized by your computer, then AnyTrans app on iPhone is a good helper for you to transfer photos from iPhone to laptop wirelessly.
More than transferring photos from iPhone to computer, with AnyTrans app, you can manage files like music, video, documents on your iOS device. After installing it on two devices(both iOS and Android are compatible), you can directly transfer files from one device to another wirelessly via this app.
Make sure your iPhone and laptop are connected to the same Wi-Fi, and cellular data would not work in the following steps.
Step 1. Install AnyTrans app on your iPhone.
Step 2. On your laptop: visit anytrans.io via browser > Then you will see a QR code on this page.
On your iPhone: Open AnyTrans app > Tap on the Scan button to scan the QR code on your computer.
Step 3. Then on your laptop, all your iPhone photos will show up > Select the photos you want > Click on “Download” button to transfer photos from iPhone to laptop.
Part 2. How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Laptop with Windows Explorer (Win Only)
On a Windows laptop, you can use Windows Explorer to download iPhone pictures, but as we said in the part 1, it’s just limited to the photos that saved in camera roll. So if your photos are not saved in Camera Roll album, you can jump to Part 1 method to transfer them to your laptop.
- Connect your iPhone to laptop then create a photo folder on desktop.
- Go to My Computer/Windows Explorer on your laptop and in removable storage click on your iPhone.
- Go to the DICM folder inside the internal storage and find your photos.
- Copy the pictures you want to transfer to laptop > Open the folder you created on desktop > Paste these photos in the folder.
- If your iPhone not appearing on your PC, you can refer to this guide: How to Fix iPhone Photos Not Showing Up on Computer >
- If your laptop is Mac version, you can refer to: How to Sync Photos from iPhone to Mac >
The Bottom Line
Besides importing photos to laptop, AnyTrans for iOS can do more things to manager your iPhone iPad and iPod touch by transferring, deleting and backing up. Download it now for a try. For this tutorial, if you have any question, please don’t forget to contact us by Email.