How to Fix “Find My Friends Location Not Available” On iPhone
This article is going to tell you why Find My Friends location will not available for friends and how to fix it with several methods.
Find My Friends App
Find My Friends, an app released by Apple, is a handy way to link up with friends. As a location tool, it enables you to easily locate your friends and family from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple Watch. At the same time, you can also treat it as a tool for conveniently carrying out plans and ensuring safety among family members, and friends.
Bonus Tip: Here are some other iPhone tips you may need. Just read!
Why Find My Friends Location Not Available for Friends
The issue of Find My Friends Location not being available for friends may due to a variety of different reasons, such as:
- Your friend might have the wrong date on their device.
- Your friend’s device is off or isn’t connected to cellular or Wi-Fi.
- Your friend turned on Hide My Location in Find My Friends.
- Your friend turned off Location Services.
- Your friend isn’t signed in to Find My Friends on the device being located.
- Your friend’s device is in a country or region where Apple doesn’t offer this feature.
- Some small glitches with your iPhone.
Actually, there are more unforeseen reasons that may cause this problem. So, how to fix it, the following will show you the traditional methods for Find My Friends location not available issue.
Solutions for Fixing “Find My Friends Location Not Available”
You can try the solutions below on your iPhone to check if they can fix your issue:
- Make sure your GPS is working on iPhone. Go to Settings on iPhone > Tap on Privacy > Location Services > Make sure that Location Services is on.
- Make sure that there is nothing wrong with your friends and their device, such as he or she is in a place that supports this feature, they didn’t block you, and the settings and network condition of their device are OK.
- If it just shows the old location that is to say Find My Friends not updating location on your iPhone leads to this case, then you may need to take some time to refresh it. To be honest, you may need to refresh a few times before it goes through. This is also suitable for Find My Friends shows the wrong location of your friend.
- Force quit Find My Friends app or turn off Find My Friends and reboot your iPhone, then open it again. Now, it may work.
- If your problem remains, you can try to uninstall and reinstall the app on your iPhone. If you have problems in deleting your app, you can check the reasons why you can’t delete apps and its fixes.
- Delete your “friends” from the Find My Friends app, then reinvite them again. After they accept it, the app may work again.
Bonus Tip: Fix iPhone System Problems with AnyFix
AnyFix – iOS System Recovery is a professional iOS & iTunes system recovery tool which helps you get your iPhone, iPad, and iTunes back to normal. You may meet some problems when updating to the newest iOS 14 like iPhone keeps restarting, iPhone gets frozen, or iPhone stuck on the Apple logo, etc. Download AnyFix to have a free trial >
AnyFix – iOS System Recovery
The Bottom Line
That’s all for how to fix the “Find My Friends Location not available” issue, the methods have been listed above, hope one of them can work for you. By the way, if you meet any iOS/iPadOS or iTunes system issues, don’t forget to try AnyFix – iOS System Recovery.
Senior writer of the iMobie team as well as an Apple fan, love to help more users solve various types of iOS & Android-related issues.