How to Fix This Accessory May Not Be Supported on iPhone iPad
If you see “This Accessory May Not Be Supported” on your iPhone 5s/SE/6/6s/7/8/X or any iOS 11/iOS 12 devices, you can get some quick solutions here.
iPhone Accessory & Apple Watch
So I keep getting this “this accessory may not be supported” message on my phone. Is the phone or cable bad? Is there a fix for it?
There’s a good chance that you have come up against an error message telling you “This accessory may not be supported”. It is a common issue among iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch users, and it happens a lot to iPhone 5/5s/6/6s/7/8/X/XS/XR and even iPhone 11 users.
This message would appear if you were using a cheap, non-Apple charger. But even if you are using an Apple accessory, the error can also happen for the firmware problem with iOS.
This Accessory May Not Be Supported Error on iPhone/iPad
Don’t Miss: How to Bypass iCloud Activation Lock on iPhone/iPad via 2 Ways >
Fix This Accessory May Not Be Supported Problem on iPhone/iPad
If your iPhone or iPad keeps saying This Accessory May Not be Supported, please try the below methods, which may help you fix the problem:
- Try the other original accessory (charging cable or charger) for your iPhone iPad.
- Update your iPhone to the latest iOS.
- Clean your Apple Accessory. You can use a pushpin to carefully insert it into your iPhone or iPad charging port, and clean out the pocket lint or debris from the charging port.
- Plug your charger in, when you get the error message, hold your finger on the dismiss button and pull your charger out. While still applying pressure to the screen, plug your charger back in and it should work.
- Turn off the device with the Lightning plug attached and then restart it.
- Connect your iPhone to the charging cable. The error message will appear, so dismiss or ignore it. Next, turn on the Airplane mode in your device. Turn off your iPhone and wait for 1 minute and turn it on again.
- Try disconnecting and reconnecting the accessory.
- If your iPhone says “This accessory may not be supported” when you charge it, it could be something wrong with your charger, not the Lightning cable. Like method 3, try cleaning out the lint or debris.
- If none of the above work and your iPhone keeps saying this accessory may not be supported, try contacting Apple.
Why Does the iPhone Say “This Accessory May Not Be Supported”?
Here are some possible reasons for why the iPhone says “This Accessory May Not Be Supported”:
- Your accessory is defective, damaged, or not Apple-certified.
- Your charger or the lighting port is dirty.
- Your iPhone’s software is malfunctioning.
- The accessory isn’t supported by your device.
- Your iOS device has a dirty or damaged connector.
Here are some iPhone related tips you might be interested in:
How to Print Text messages from iPhone >
How to Transfer iPhone Photos to Computer >
How to Copy Messages from iPhone to iPhone >
The Bottom Line
We hope these quick fixes can help you out of the problem, and it is very necessary to clean out the junk file inside your iDevice. If you have any other suggestions on this issue, please share it with us in the below comment section.