How to Fix This Accessory May Not Be Supported on iPhone iPad in iOS 10
If you see “This Accessory May Not Be Supported” on your iPhone 5s/6/6s/SE or any iOS 10 devices, you can get some quick solutions here.
Download AnyTrans to transfer, backup and manage data on iPhone/iPad in iOS 10. Now read on to learn how to fix This Accessory May Not Be Supported error on iOS 10 devices.
If you have some other charging problems after iOS 10 update, like iPhone won't charge or charge slowly, you can try this guide: How to Fix iOS 10 Charging Issues on iPhone iPad >
Q: "So I keep getting this "this accessory may not be supported" message on my phone. Is the phone or cable bad? Is there a fix for it?"
There's a good chance that you have come up against an error message telling you "This accessory may not be supported". It is a common issue among iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch users, and it happens a lot to iPhone 5/5s/6/6s users as well as those who just downloaded iOS 10.
This Accessory May Not Be Supported Error on iPhone/iPad
This message would appear if you were using a cheap, non-Apple charger. But even if you are using an Apple accessory, the error can also happen for the firmware problem with iOS.
Also Read: How to Clean Junk Files from iPhone iPad >
How to Fix This Accessory May Not Be Supported on iPhone/iPad or iOS 10
1. Try the other original charging cable for your iPhone iPad.
2. Clean your Apple Accessory. You can use a pushpin to carefully insert it into your iPhone or iPad charging port, and clean out the pocket lint or debris from the charging port.
3. Plug your charger in, when you get the error message hold your finger on the dismiss button and pull your charger out. While still applying pressure to the screen, plug your charger back in and it should work.
4. Turn off the device with the Lightning plug attached and then restart it.
5. Connect your iPhone to the charging cable. The error message will appear, so dismiss or ignore it. Next, turn on the Airplane mode in your device. Turn off your iPhone and wait for 1 minute and turn it on again.
Many users complain that iOS 10 brings them kinds of issues like Siri not working, Touch ID fails to work, iMessage issues, Wi-Fi problems etc. Please make sure that you've make full preparation to download iOS 10. What's more, to backup, transfer and manage content on your iOS 10 devices, try this all-in-one iOS data manager – AnyTrans.
The Bottom Line
Hope these quick fixes can help you out of the problem, and it is very necessary to clean out the junk file inside your iDevice. If you have any other suggestions on this issue, please share it with us in the below comment section.
What's Hot on iMobie
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Free Up Space on iPhone – Read this post to learn 5 ways to make more room on iPhone. Read more>>
- How to Make iPhone Run Faster – Here are some basic tips to help speed up your slow iPhone. Read more >>
- How to Delete Messages on iPhone Completely - You can get a quick way on how to delete saved messages on iPhone in this guide. Read more>>
- The Most Common iOS 9 Update Problems and Solutions – Here you will find the solutions to the common iOS 9 problems. Read more >>