After installing iOS 10/10.1/10.2/10.3.2, you may meet some charging problems: iPhone not charging or charging slowly. Read to learn some quick fixes.
AnyTrans is a file manager for iOS devices, which allows you to transfer and backup data on iPhone/iPad/iPod. Download it to try its powerful features.
We’ve seen many users complained about battery issues after downloading a new iOS 10 on their iPhone iPad or iPod touch: the iPhone/iPad won’t charge or charge slowly. iOS 10 brings a set of fun features, however, no iOS is perfect, and it is possible that you may meet kinds of iOS 10 issues like charging problems we just mentioned.
Mostly it's a hardware problem with the USB or Dock connector or wall adapter, but sometimes it's a software issue that some potential solutions may fix it. Before contacting Apple for help, follow this article and we'll get you back up by offering several quick fixes to iPhone not charging or charging slowly problem.
How to Fix iPhone Not Charging Problem on iOS 10
Part 1. How to Fix: iPhone/iPad Won’t Charge After iOS 10/10.3.2 Update
When plugging your iPhone or iPad into the wall outlet or computer, you find that it is not charging. Why? This is a common issue many users complained about. Before you changing a new battery, there are some solutions that are worth-a-try.
1. ALWAYS use official Apple-matched chargers. If you use some cheap cables that are low quality, you’ll usually encounter an error that the cable is not certified on the iPhone (or iPad). This may be what is causing the iPhone not charging issue.
2. Hard reset your iDevice. Press and hold down the On/Off button > While continuing to hold the On/Off button, press and hold the Home button > Keep holding them until the screen turns back on and shows the Apple logo.
3. Check the lighting cable for damage. Most of us have experienced a broken charging cable at some point. The exposed internal wires are not safe to charge your iDevice and that might be why your iPhone or iPad won’t charge when plugged in.
4. Change the wall outlet or Apple lighting cable if available.
5. Turn off your iDevice and charge it: Just Press and hold the Sleep/wake button > Turn off your iPhone/iPad when you see "Slide to power off" > Charge your iDevice now.
6. Restore your iOS 10 device with iTunes. Firstly, backup your iPhone or iPad with iTunes, and then restore it from the backup you just created.
Part 2. How to Fix: iPhone/iPad Charging Slowly After iOS 10/10.3.2 Update
Is your iPhone or iPad charging slower than usual after download the new iOS? Get some quick tips to get your iPhone or iPad charged faster in this part.
1. Clean up Charging Port of Your iPhone or iPad. After a period of use, the lightening port of your iPhone or iPad may get full of dirt or dust that reduces the charging speed of your iDevice. Firstly shut down iPhone/iPad and then use toothpicks or dry soft toothbrush to get all the dirt out of the charging port.
2. Use an iPad Charger for iPhone. To charge your iPhone quicker you can try using an iPad charger if you got one.
3. Turn on Airplane Mode and Turn off Wi-Fi While Charging. In this way, you won’t be able to make or receive calls, messages, and notifications or connect to network, but this makes battery charge faster.
4. Turn off iPhone/iPad While Charging. This is just like the third method, you can charge faster by turning off your iDevice while charging, and you can try this method during the night when you won’t need to use your iPhone or iPad.
To help you save iPhone battery, we give you 16 basic tips to extend and maintain iOS battery life. Hope it is helpful.
The Bottom Line
If you have any good suggestions to fix iPhone not charging issue after iOS 10/10.1/10.2/10.3.2 update, please share with us in the comment sections. And we also show you how to fix iMessage problems after iOS 10 update, how to fix Bluetooth issues on iOS 10, and how to recover lost data after installing iOS 10.
More iOS 10 Upgrade Related Articles:
- How to Upgrade Your iPhone iPad iPod touch to iOS 10 >
- Should I Update to iOS 10 or Stick with iOS 9 >
- iOS 10 Compatibility: iOS 10 Supported Devices >
- How to Install iOS 10 on iPhone iPad and iPod touch >
- The Most Common iOS 10 Problems and Solutions >
- How to Speed Up Old and Slow iOS 10 Devices >
- How to Free Up Space on iOS 10 Devices >
- How to Prepare for iOS 10 Upgrade >
- How to Recover Lost Data on iOS 10 Devices >
- How to Downgrade iOS 10 to iOS 9 >