How to Delete Songs from iPod/iPod touch Easily and Quickly
How to delete songs from iPod and iPod touch? No matter you want to delete a song or all the songs from iPod (touch), this iMobie guide can help you figure it out.
Free download this powerful iOS contents management tool to keep your iOS data and files organized after reading this guide about how to delete songs from iPod/iPod touch.
You know that you can easily sync music from computer to iPod or iPod touch with iTunes, while it is hard to remove songs from iPod, especially if you are working with an old iPod like iPod Nano, iPod Shuffle and iPod classic. For iPod touch users, you can delete one or two songs from your iDevice with ease, but what if you want to remove a lot of unwanted songs?
In this guide we will offer you several ways to delete songs from iPod and iPod touch. No matter how many songs you want to delete, no matter whether you want to keep these songs on computer after you deleted them from device, you can get a way to make it easily. Let's get it started!
Method 1: How to Delete Songs from iPod/iPod touch (But Keep in Computer and iTunes Library)
As the ancient music players, Apple doesn't offer them the function of deleting music from device directly. If you want to delete songs from iPod, you need to do it on your computer with iTunes. Steps are followed:
Delete songs from iPod/iPod touch but still keep on computer: Connect your iPod to computer > Run iTunes if it doesn't open automatically > Click the device mark of your iPod > Click Summary > Check Manually Music and Videos in Options Column > Click Music at On My Device Column > Right click the songs you want to delete > Click Delete to remove songs from iPod and iPod touch.
How to Delete Music from iPod/iPod touch with iTunes – Method 1
Note: This method just deletes songs from iPod or iPod touch, but these songs still keep in your iTunes library and computer.
Method 2: How to Delete Songs from iPod/iPod touch and iTunes Library
You know iTunes is the tool that allows you to sync music, videos, photos and other iOS data from computer to iDevices, and it also erase the previous data on your music when syncing. So if you don't like some songs on your iPod or iPod touch, you can delete them from your iTunes library, and then sync your device with iTunes. Follow us to delete music from iPod/iPod touch with steps below:
Step 1: Delete the songs you don't like from iTunes library: Launch iTunes > Click Music mark > Select My Music > List your music as Songs > Select the songs you don't like > Click Delete to remove them.
How to Delete Songs from iPod/iPod touch with iTunes – Method 2
Step 2: Connect your iPod or iPod touch to computer > Sync the music from your computer to iPod with iTunes.
- When deleting songs from iTunes library, you'd better choose "Keep File" when a window pops up and ask, "Do you want to move the selected songs to Trash or keep it in the iTunes Media Folder". Because you still can get them back when necessary.
- If want to find some way to sync music from computer to iPod without erasing previous songs, you can read this guide: How Do I Sync Music from Computer to iPod without iTunes >
Method 3: How to Delete Music from iPod touch On Device Directly
Delete Songs from iPod touch On Device Directly
Unlike ancient iPods, iPod touches are given to the function of deleting songs from iPod touch. All you need to do is selecting the song you want to delete and then sliding to right until the Delete button shows, then tap on Delete to delete the selected song.
Note: Deleting songs from iPod touch on device directly is also suit for those who want to delete several songs, because this only allows you to delete song one by one. If you want to delete a large number of songs, you'd better choose the method 1, or the following method.
Can't Miss: How to Put Music on iPod and iPod touch >
Method 4: How to Delete Music from iPod/iPod touch with an iTunes Alternative
Except the methods of deleting music from iPod/iPod touch mentioned above, we also can use an alternative to iTunes – AnyTrans to manage your iPod or iPod touch music better, such as, deleting unwanted songs, transfer music from device to computer, sync new songs from iTunes library to device, even transfer songs from iPod/iPod touch to new bought iPhone 6 directly. Know more about AnyTrans, you can visit this page. Next let's cut to the point that how to delete music from iPod/iPod touch with iMobie AnyTrans.
Step 1: Free Download AnyTrans, install and launch it on your computer (PC or Mac).
Step 2: Connect your iPod or iPod touch to computer with USB cable > Click Audio on Homepage of AnyTrans > Select Music tab.
How to Delete Music from iPod/iPod touch with iMobie AnyTrans – Step 2
Step 3: Select the songs you want to delete > Click To Trash button to delete unwanted songs from your iPod or iPod touch.
How to Delete Music from iPod/iPod touch with iMobie AnyTrans – Step 3
- As you can see, except deleting one or all songs from iPod/iPod touch, AnyTrans also can be used to transfer music from iPod touch to computer, iTunes library, even other iDevices. Absolutely, you also can add songs from computer to iPod with rating, playlists and play counts, and you won't lose any previous music on your device.
- Except managing music, AnyTrans also is an expert at managing Videos, Photos, Contacts, Notes, Messages, Bookmarks, Calendar and other iOS contents. More than anything, it also supports selectively extracting files you like from iTunes or iCloud backup. Anyway, AnyTrans is a powerful iOS contents management tool you can't miss. Free Download and Try It Now >
The Bottom Line
With this guide of how to delete music from iPod/iPod touch, no matter you want to delete one song or all the songs from your device, you can easily make it. If this post is useful for you, don't be selfish, please remember to share it on your Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus. Enjoy yourself!
More Related Articles You May Like
- Why My Music Won't Play on iPod iPhone but Play on iTunes - This guide teaches you to make music play again on your iDevices. Read more >>
- Can I Delete iTunes Music After Syncing to iPod - Read this post to backup music from iPod to computer before deleting iTunes music. Read more >>
- How to Transfer Music from iPhone to Computer - This step-by-step guide shows you to transfer music from iPhone to commuter easily. Read more >>
- How to Transfer Music from Old iPhone to New iPhone - A quick method to help you transfer music between two iPhones directly. Read more >>