Want to know how to downgrade from iOS 11.4/11.3/11.2/11.1/11? Follow the steps in this post to easily get rid of iOS 11.4/11.3/11.2/11.1/11 and downgrade to previous iOS version once and for all.
Download this easy-to-us iOS content manager to transfer songs, pictures, contacts and other important data from iPhone to your computer for backup.
iOS 11 has coming to us for a period, since released on 19th September, and now the first three big patches – iOS 11.4/11.3/11.2/11.1 are also available. So what fresh things does iOS 11 bring to us on earth? The new iOS 11 gets a redesigned app drawer that make iMessage apps and stickers much more accessible; There’s a new male voice option in Siri; For camera, HEVC video encoding for videos is now used in the iOS 11 Camera app, and on the iPhone 7 Plus, users also get new features like HDR, enhanced Portrait Mode quality and more; etc.
With so many new and funny features, you might be thinking of giving iOS 11.4/11.3/11.2/11.1/11 a try, or already have downloaded iOS 11.4/11.3/11.2/11.1/11. But to be honestly, since iOS 11.4/11.3/11.2/11.1/11 is still not perfect so far, there are some flaws and bugs you may encounter, such as battery draining too fast, running not smoothly, brightness problem, random freezing, etc.
This is just what we are going to talk about in this tip. But before we head for how to downgrade from iOS 11.4/11.3/11.2/11.1/11 to previous iOS version, there are several things you should know first.
1. Before removing iOS 11.4/11.3/11.2/11.1/11, please backup your iDevice first, so that you can get back lost data once failing to downgrade.
2. To install iOS 11.4/11.3/11.2/11.1/11 is a quite long journey, mainly depending on the size of the data on your device, so keep patient.
3. Right now, you can’t downgrade to iOS 10.3/10.2/10.1, or earlier iOS operating system because Apple has not signed these firmware any more. By check ipsw.me, the still signed IPSW file is only on: the latest iOS 11.4 and iOS 11.3.1. This means you only can downgrade to iOS 11.3.1.
4. After you uninstall iOS 11.4/11.3/11.2/11.1/11, you cannot restore your device with the backup that you created before downgrading. But don’t worry, With help from some professional applications, you can view and get back contents on iTunes backup and iCloud backup. Here are two guides to help you with it:
1. Download previous iOS firmware for your device.
Downgrading from iOS 11.4/11.3/11.2/11.1/11 to previous iOS version requires you to download previous iOS ipsw file first. If there is no signed previous iOS ipsw for your device, you cannot downgrade. You can check whether there is iOS ipsw file for your device via ipsw.me. If there is signed iOS ipsw file available, just download the file to your computer.
How to Downgrade from iOS 11.4/11.3/11.2/11.1/11 to Previous iOS
2. Turn off Find My iPhone. Go to settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone/iPad/iPod touch > Turn it off.
3. Connect your iOS device to computer and run your iTunes.
4. Put device into DFU mode.
Press the "Power" and "Home" buttons at the same time. After Apple logo appears, release "Power" button but still hold on "Home" button till you see "Connect to iTunes".
5.iTunes will alerts that it has detected an iPhone (or iPad/iPod) in recovery Mode, and asked you to restore your device. Agree to restore your device by clicking "OK".
How to Downgrade from iOS 11.4/11.3/11.2/11.1/11 - Step 5
6. Search your device icon on iTunes and click it > Choose Summary tab and, (For Mac) press "Option" and click "Restore iPhone (or iPad/iPod)..."; (For Windows) press "Shift" and click "Restore iPhone (or iPad/iPod)…".
How to Downgrade from iOS 11.4/11.3/11.2/11.1/11 - Step 6
7. Find previous iOS ipsw file you have downloaded, select it and click "Open". You will see a pop up window telling that you are going to downgrade to previous iOS software, and the process will erase all data on your device. If you have backed up your device, just click "Update and Restore" to continue.
Many iOS 11 users have emailed us asking how to downgrade from iOS 11.4/11.3/11.2/11.1/11 without computer, so we specially make this section to collect some ways to remove iOS 11.4/11.3/11.2/11.1/11 without PC, or Mac. But unfortunately, by far, there are not some ways we can find to delete iOS 11.4/11.3/11.2/11.1/11 without computer, so to downgrade from iOS 11.4/11.3/11.2/11.1/11, please do as the first method above for now. However as soon as we find a practical method, we will update it. And if you have some feasible methods, please share with us in the comments, and we will answer you as soon as possible.
After installing previous iOS version, you’ll be asked to set up a new iPhone or iPad, now you can choose to set up a new iPhone or restore your device from iTunes backup or iCloud backup. If there is some questions about this method when downgrading from iOS 11.4/11.3/11.2/11.1/11, leave your messages in the comments.