How to Delete Text Messages on iPhone 6/6s in 4 Ways
How do I delete text messages on my iPhone 6/6s? Read this post to learn 4 methods to delete message on iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s, even you want to delete them all at once and permanently.
PhoneClean is the world's first iPhone cleaning tool that helps clean up and remove unwanted files on iPhone for safe. Download it now and read this guide on 4 methods to delete text messages on iPhone 6/6s.
Q: "I am trying to delete individual messages from messages rather than the whole conversation but I am not getting the option and the only thing I can do is delete the whole conversation. I also want the messages permanently deleted from my iPhone so no one can recover them. I am using an iPhone 6s, iOS 9."
-- A User from Apple Support Communities
One of the most frequently question from iPhone users is: how to delete messages on iPhone? The new iPhone 6s and iOS 9 come with some new features. If this is your first iPhone, and you are wondering how to delete messages on iPhone 6s, read this guide to get four solutions to delete messages from your iPhone 6/6s and even for permanently deletion.
Image Credit: zomazi.com
The new iPhone 7 will hit the stores this September, if you are planning to get one, then you may be interested in this guide: How to Transfer Data from iPhone to New iPhone 7/7 Plus >
Method 1. How to Delete Messages on iPhone 6/6s within the iMessages App
Notice: iMessage app enables you to remove multiple messages only by selecting one by one manually. If there are hundreds of messages, or more to delete, using it would be such a waste of time. Besides, deleting messages in iMessage does not mean removed messages don’t existed any more. They would exist on iPhone 6/6s till to be overwritten. If your plan is deleting all messages at once, or permanently, please move to method two.
Deleting messages on iPhone 6/6s in the iMessage app is always the first way we would think of. So follow the steps below to make it.
Step 1. Go to Messages app from the home screen.
Step 2. Tap "Edit" button on the top-left.
Step 3. Select the messages you want to delete.
Step 4. Click the Trash Can icon on the bottom-right to delete multiple message.
Method 2. How to Delete Messages on iPhone 6/6s with PhoneClean
PhoneClean is the world's first iOS cleaning & optimization tool that is capable of clearing unwanted files from iPhone, iPad safely and easily.
1. Permanently delete text messages from iPhone 6/6s (Plus) and make sure the deleted items cannot be recovered.
2. Massively or selectively delete messages threads from iPhone 6/6s as you need.
3. Besides messages, it also helps delete notes, call history, and voicemails from iPhone 6/6s.
4. Clear unneeded junk files like app junks, user caches, large and old files, Safari history, cookies and more from iPhone 6/6s to free up space.
Step 1. Download and install PhoneClean on your computer. Open up it, and connect your iPhone 6/6s (Plus) to computer via a USB cable. Select Privacy Clean, and click Scan button.
How to Delete Messages on iPhone 6/6s (Plus) – Step 1
Step 2. After the scan is over, double click Sensitive Data to view the messages on your iPhone. Choose the messages you want to delete, and then back to the result page.
How to Delete Messages on iPhone 6/6s (Plus) – Step 2
Step 3. Click the Clean button to remove messages from iPhone 6/6s.
How to Delete Messages on iPhone 6/6s (Plus) – Step 3
Method 3. How to Delete a Specific Message of One Person on iPhone 6/6s
If you want to leave your conversation intact, but simply delete a specific message from within it, follow the steps to do that.
1. Enter the conversation that has the messages you want to delete.
2. Tap and hold on a message until the menu pops up. Then tap More.
3. Next to each message, a small circle will appear.
4. Tap the circle next to the messages you want to delete, tap the Trash Can icon on the bottom-left to delete the individual messages.
Method 4. How to Delete All Old Messages from iPhone 6/6s in iOS 8
The new iOS 8 allows you to delete all old messages on your phone all at once.
1. Go to "Settings" app from the homepage.
2. Go to "Messages".
3. Scroll down to "Message History". There are three options: 30 Days, 1 Year, and Forever. You can choose to delete all messages older than 30 days, or all messages older than a year old.
4. Confirm that you want to delete the old messages and attachments by clicking the "Delete" button.
Note: Deleting messages from iPhone is not only an advisable way to free up space but also a good way to keep personal privacy. However, the messages are still stored on the iPhone data base after we delete them from the iPhone, when search the messages from the Spotlight, you can still see the messages. So if you wish to permanently delete messages on iPhone 6/6s, not being recovered and found by others, please refer to method 2.
Also Read: How to Make Your iPhone Run Faster >
The Bottom Line
PhoneClean would be the best tool to speed up and optimize your iPhone 6, why not give a shot on it now? Any question on this guide or PhoneClean is warmly welcomed, at the same time, don't forget to share this guide with your friends.
What's Hot on iMobie
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Export iPhone Text Messages to PDF - Here you will find an easy way to save iPhone messages to PDF format. Read more >>
- How to Transfer Text Messages from iPhone to Computer - Read to know how to transfer text messages from iPhone to PC/Mac. Read more >>
- How to Backup Text Messages on iPhone - Here you will find the solutions on how to back up iPhone text messages. Read more >>
- How to Retrieve Deleted Text Messages from iPhone 6 - Here you can find three ways to recover your deleted text messages from iPhone 6. Read more >>
- How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone – Want a way to transfer from the old iPhone contacts to the new? Check this guide to learn more. Read More >>
- How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac – Learn how to offload your Camera Roll photos from iPhone to your Mac in few clicks. Read More >>
- What Is the Best iPhone File Transfer – Need an all-in-one iPhone File Transfer software to keep everything organized? Here is the answer. Read More >>