How to Transfer Contacts from Old iPhone to New iPhone X/8/7/6S/6
Get a new iPhone, and don't know how to transfer contacts from old iPhone to new iPhone? This guide will show you 3 ways to transfer contacts from one iPhone to another.
Download and install AnyTrans on your computer firstly, and then follow this guide to transfer contacts (phone numbers, contact picture, email, address, etc.) from old iPhone 4/4s/5/5s to new iPhone 6s/SE/7/8/X directly.
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone
The new iPhone always catch people's attention, especially those who can't wait to upgrade their device to the latest one. Upgrading to new iPhone 6/6s/SE/7 or latest iPhone 8/X sounds great, but transferring contacts from old iPhone to new iPhone is a very tiresome business. Unlike those mobile phones running with Google Android, their owners can easily transfer contacts from the old one to the new one by inserting the SIM card with contacts to new device.
However, Apple doesn't allow users to backup contacts to SIM, and you have to store them on the iPhone's memory. This makes you have to search for other methods to transfer contacts to new iPhone. In view the fact that many iPhone users may meet this problem, so we write this post with 3 methods to show you how to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone so that you can make a smooth upgrade to new iPhone.
When it comes to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone or other iDevice like iPad or iPod touch, for most people, maybe the first choice is iCloud syncing. All you need to do is signing in the same Apple ID on both of your iPhones, and turning on Contacts in iCloud settings. However, you never know when all your contacts will be synced to new iPhone, and whether you will lose some important contacts during this process.
Or some tutorials also advise you to restore your new iPhone with the old iPhone's iTunes backup, and during restoring, your contacts will be transferred to new iPhone as well as all the other data on your old iPhone 4/4s/5/5s/6/6s. This means all the existing data and files will be replaced by the contents in backup, and the contents in backup you may don’t want to restore also will be transferred to your new iPhone X/8/7.
Therefore, in this guide, we will offer you 3 methods to transfer contacts from one iPhone to another. To help you keep all your iPhone’s existing contents safe, and transfer only contacts to new iPhone, we will show you a way to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone without iTunes or iCloud.
Part 1. How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone without iCloud or iTunes
To transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone directly, you know you can’t make it without outside help. Fortunately, AnyTrans is the tool that can help you make it. As a nice iOS data management tool, AnyTrans is made to transfer & manage iPhone iPad iPod content with ease, and help you make a smooth upgrade to new iPhone iPhone X/8/7. When moving contacts to new iPhone, it is fitted with these top features as followed:
- Supports transfer selected contents to another iPhone directly, this makes you can transfer only contacts from one iPhone to another.
- Supports previewing contacts before selecting and transferring, this makes you can easily find the contacts you want to transfer.
- Offers you enough flexibility to select or transfer contacts, this makes you can select to transfer a single piece of contact, or all the contacts from your old iPhone to new iPhone.
- Super fast transferring speed, so you just need several minutes to transfer all phone numbers from one iPhone to another.
- Guarantees you 100% Safe & Security. During this process, all the contents on both of your old iPhone and new iPhone will be kept safe, and you won’t lose any data or file.
- It also supports all the iPhone models, from the old iPhone 3GS/4/4S/5/5S/6/6S/SE, the latest iPhone X/8/7, etc. And also works well on both of Windows and Mac computers.
Now Download AnyTrans on your computer, and then follow us to move contacts from iPhone to iPhone directly.
1. Install and run AnyTrans on your computer, and then connect your two iPhones to your computer with its USB cables.
2. Click the old iPhone tab, and select Contacts on the homepage.
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone without iCloud – Step 1
3. Choose the contacts you want to transfer, and click the To Device button on the right hand corner.
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Another without iCloud – Step 2
Except transferring iPhone contacts with AnyTrans, we also offer you two traditional ways – iCloud syncing and iTunes restore to transfer contacts between two iPhones. Let's move on!
Part 2: How to Transfer Contacts to New iPhone with iCloud Syncing
- To transfer contacts from one iPhone to another via iCloud syncing, you need to sign in on both of your iPhones with the same Apple ID, and connect them to the Wi-Fi network.
- With iCloud syncing, you can't select what to transfer or not, or you may find not all your contacts are synced to new iPhone, and some contacts disappeared. If you just want to transfer some contacts instead of all the contacts on iDevice, or want to transfer all contacts to new iPhone without losing any existing data, you can move to Part 1.
Now follow us to transfer contacts from old iPhone to new iPhone with iCloud syncing:
On your old iPhone(For iPhones running with iOS 9 or older): go to Settings App > iCloud > Contacts > Turn it on if it is closed.
On your old iPhone(For iPhones running with iOS 10 or later): go to Settings App > Tap on your Apple ID’s profile part > Click iCloud > Select Contacts > Tap on it to turn it on if it closed.
On your new iPhone: Go to Settings > Tap on your Apple ID’s profile part > Click iCloud > Select Contacts > Tap on it to turn it on > Select Merge when it says “What would you like to do with existing local contacts on your iPhone”. And then you just need to wait for the contacts on old iPhone syncing to new iPhone.
How to Transfer iPhone Contacts to New iPhone with iCloud
If you want to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone with iCloud backup, you can follow the steps below: 1) Make a backup of your old iPhone: Settings > iCloud > Backup > Turn on “iCloud Backup” if it is closed > Tap on Back Up Now. 2) Restore your new iPhone with old iCloud backup: Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings > Erase iPhone > Select Restore from iCloud > Select the backup you just created.
Part 3: How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone Using iTunes
Except transferring contacts from iPhone to iPhone with iCloud, you also can make it with iTunes if you have an iTunes backup of old iPhone. Next, we will show you how to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone with iTunes.
When transferring contacts to new iPhone with iTunes, not only contacts but also other data in iTunes backup will be transferred, and all the existing contents on your new iPhone will be erased. If you just want to transfer only contacts or keep all the contents on your iPhone safe, you can move to Part 1.
Step 1: Make a backup of your contacts on your old iPhone: Connect your old iPhone to the computer > Open iTunes > Click Device tab > Click Summary > Select This Computer in Backups column > Click Back Up Now. If you already have one backup of your iPhone contacts, you can skip to next step.
Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone with iTunes – Step 1
Step 2: Restore new iPhone with old iTunes backup: Connect your new iPhone to computer > Run iTunes > Click Device tab > Click Summary > Click Restore Backup > Turn off Find My iPhone on your new iPhone > Select the backup your just created > Click Restore.
How to Transfer Contacts to New iPhone with iTunes – Step 2
The most magical trick to speed up your PC is to migrate OS from HDD to SSD. Although moving Windows to an SSD is not an easy task, AOMEI Backupper Standard helps remove the hassle in minutes. Click to learn how to transfer Windows 10 from HDD to SSD >
The Bottom Line
As you can see, with AnyTrans you can easily transfer contacts from old iPhone or iPad to new iPhone without erasing any existing data, and with it you also can transfer contacts from iPhone to computer, or from computer to iPhone, even extract from iTunes or iCloud backup. What's more, not only can you transfer contacts, but also you can transfer music, photos, videos, apps, messages, notes and other iOS data and files to another iPhone. Why Not Download AnyTrans and Try It Now >
What's Hot on iMobie
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Recover Deleted iPhone Contacts – This article teaches you to get back deleted contacts on iPhone. Read More >>
- How Can I Delete All Contacts from iPhone At Once – Read this guide to learn how to delete all contacts from iPhone at once. Read More >>
- How to Restore Contacts from iTunes Backup - This quick guide shows you how to extract contacts from iTunes backup. Read More >>
- How to Transfer iPhone Contacts to Computer for Backup – Read this post to back up contacts to computer with ease. Read More >>
- How to Export Contacts from iPhone – Want to export contacts from iPhone but do not know how? Read More >>