How to Transfer Contacts from Old iPhone to New iPhone X/8/7/6S/6
Get a new iPhone, but don’t know how to transfer contacts from old iPhone to new iPhone? This guide will show you 3 ways to transfer contacts from one iPhone to another.
Download and install AnyTrans for iOS on your computer firstly, and then follow this guide to transfer contacts (phone numbers, contact picture, email, address, etc.) from old iPhone to new iPhone directly.
The new iPhone always catch people’s attention, especially those who can’t wait to upgrade their device to the latest one. It is awesome to upgrading to new iPhone 7 or latest iPhone 8/X, but transferring contacts from old iPhone to new iPhone is a very tiresome business. Unlike Android phones whose users can easily transfer contacts from the old one to the new one by inserting the SIM card with contacts to a new device, iPhone iPad iPod touch doesn’t allow users to backup contacts to SIM, and contacts have to be stored in the iPhone’s memory.
This makes people searching online to find ways to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone or another iDevice. Frankly, when it comes to transferring contacts from iPhone to iPhone or another iDevice like iPad or iPod touch, iCloud syncing can do you a big favor. All you need to do is signing in the same Apple ID on both of your iPhones, and turning on Contacts in iCloud settings. However, you never know when all your contacts will be synced to new iPhone, and whether you will lose some important contacts during this process.
Some tutorials also advise you to restore your new iPhone with the old iPhone’s iTunes backup, and during restoring, your contacts will be transferred to new iPhone as well as all the other data on your old iPhone 4/4s/5/5s/6/6s. This means all the existing data and files on new iDevice will be replaced by the contents in backup, and the contents in the backup you may don’t want to restore also will be transferred to your new iPhone X/8/7.
Therefore, in this guide, before showing you how to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone via iTunes/iCloud, we will first show you one way that is safer and quicker to transfer contacts from one iPhone to another. Please keep reading and choose one way suits you most.
Part 1. How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone
To transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone directly, you know you can’t make it without outside help. Fortunately, AnyTrans for iOS is the tool that can help you make it. As a nice iOS data management tool, it is made to transfer & manage iPhone iPad iPod content with ease, and help you make a smooth upgrade to new iPhone X/8/7. When moving contacts to new iPhone, it is fitted with these top features as followed:
- Supports transferring contacts from iPhone to iPhone directly. This can only be accomplished by AnyTrans for iOS.
- Supports previewing contacts before selecting and transferring, this makes you can easily find the contacts you want to transfer.
- Offers you enough flexibility to select or transfer contacts, this makes you can select to transfer a single piece of contact or all the contacts from your old iPhone to new iPhone.
- Super fast transferring speed, so you just need less than 1 minute to transfer hundreds of phone numbers from one iPhone to another.
- Guarantees you 100% Safe & Security. During this process, all the contents on both of your old iPhone and new iPhone will be kept safe, and you won’t lose any data or file.
- It also supports other types of data, like photos, messages, videos, which means you can use AnyTrans for iOS to transfer selected contents from old iPhone to new iPhone directly.
Now Download AnyTrans for iOS on your computer, and then follow us to move contacts from iPhone to iPhone directly.
1. Install and run AnyTrans for iOS on your computer, and then connect your two iPhones to your computer with their USB cables. Scroll down to the category management page.
2. Click the old iPhone tab, and select Contacts on the homepage.
3. Choose the contacts you want to transfer, and click the To Device button on the upper right corner.
Part 2: How to Transfer Contacts to New iPhone with iCloud Syncing
- To transfer contacts from one iPhone to another via iCloud syncing, you need to sign in on both of your iPhones with the same Apple ID, and connect them to the Wi-Fi network.
- With iCloud syncing, you can’t select what to transfer or not, or you may find not all your contacts are synced to new iPhone, and some contacts disappeared. If you just want to transfer some contacts instead of all the contacts on iDevice, or want to transfer all contacts to new iPhone without losing any existing data, you can move to Part 1.
Now follow us to transfer contacts from old iPhone to new iPhone with iCloud syncing:
On your old iPhone(For iPhones running with iOS 9 or older): go to Settings App > iCloud > Contacts > Turn it on if it is closed.
On your old iPhone(For iPhones running with iOS 10 or later): go to Settings App > Tap on your Apple ID’s profile part > Click iCloud > Select Contacts > Tap on it to turn it on if it closed.
On your new iPhone: Go to Settings > Tap on your Apple ID’s profile part > Click iCloud > Select Contacts > Tap on it to turn it on > Select Merge when it says “What would you like to do with existing local contacts on your iPhone”. And then you just need to wait for the contacts on old iPhone syncing to new iPhone.
How to Transfer iPhone Contacts to New iPhone with iCloud
If you want to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone with iCloud backup, you can follow the steps below:
1) Make a backup of your old iPhone: Settings > iCloud > Backup > Turn on “iCloud Backup” if it is closed > Tap on Back Up Now.
Part 3: How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone Using iTunes
Except transferring contacts from iPhone to iPhone with iCloud, you also can make it with iTunes if you have an iTunes backup of old iPhone. Next, we will show you how to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone with iTunes.
When transferring contacts to new iPhone with iTunes, not only contacts but also other data in iTunes backup will be transferred, and all the existing contents on your new iPhone will be erased. If you just want to transfer only contacts or keep all the contents on your iPhone safe, you can move to Part 1.
Step 1: Make a backup of your contacts on your old iPhone: Connect your old iPhone to the computer > Open iTunes > Click Device tab > Click Summary > Select This Computer in Backups column > Click Back Up Now. If you already have one backup of your iPhone contacts, you can skip to next step.
Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone with iTunes – Step 1
Step 2: Restore new iPhone with old iTunes backup: Connect your new iPhone to computer > Run iTunes > Click Device tab > Click Summary > Click Restore Backup > Turn off Find My iPhone on your new iPhone > Select the backup your just created > Click Restore.
How to Transfer Contacts to New iPhone with iTunes – Step 2
The most magical trick to speed up your PC is to migrate OS from HDD to SSD. Although moving Windows to an SSD is not an easy task, AOMEI Backupper Standard helps remove the hassle in minutes. Click to learn how to transfer Windows 10 from HDD to SSD >
The Bottom Line
As you can see, with AnyTrans for iOS you can easily transfer contacts from old iPhone or iPad to new iPhone without erasing any existing data, and with it you also can transfer contacts from iPhone to computer, or from computer to iPhone, even extract from iTunes or iCloud backup. What’s more, not only can you transfer contacts, but also you can transfer music, photos, videos, apps, messages, notes and other iOS data and files to another iPhone. Why not download AnyTrans for iOS and give it a try?