How to Delete Saved Messages on iPhone 6/6S/7 Completely
How to delete saved messages on iPhone 6/6S/7? Read on this guide to get a quick way on how to delete saved messages on iPhone 6/6S/7.
Download PhoneClean on your computer to clean up your iPhone after reading this guide to know how to delete messages on iPhone quickly.
Question: When I go to Settings > General > Usuage > I see that I have 3.2GB of messages stored. Can someone tell me how to delete those messages? I don't even know where all of these messages could be stored. I have no need to save any text messages…Please someone help me because I have searched everywhere and asked everyone I can think of and no one has any idea how to help me…
- Angoli from Apple Support Communities
Analysis: Many users are stuck on the same situation as the above user. When they check the Usage of their iPhone, they find the Saved Messages takes up to 3-4 GB space, even up to dozens of GBs. They don't know how to delete them, and even don't know where these saved messages are stored.
This potentially frustrating behavior is the result of an intricacy of how the iPhone deletes data. When you delete some data or files from your iPhone, actually those data or files are not deleted. They are just marked with a deletion by the operating system, and hidden so that you can't see them any more. That's why the Saved Messages takes up so much storage space on the iPhone.
How to Delete Messages/iMessages on iPhone
Solutions: How to delete saved messages on iPhone 6/6S/7 completely? The most common way experts will suggest is to reset all settings: Just go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content & Settings. You will also need to delete backups that you have created as well in iTunes or iCloud. To help you delete saved messages on iPhone 6/6S/7 permanently, in this guide we will introduce you a powerful iPhone cleanup tool – PhoneClean to achieve that.
The Tool We'll Use
Just like its name shows that PhoneClean is an iPhone, iPad and iPod touch cleaning tool that is made to scan and clear as many as 30 types of junks, including App Caches, App Temp files, Download Temp Files, App Cookies, App Crash Logs, etc. And also protect your privacy from spying eyes by removing Call History, Browsing History, Safari History, iOS Notifications, Messages (including Text Messages, SMS Messages, MMS messages, and Messages attachments). So it is easy to delete saved messages on iPhone, and they won't show up in spotlight research again once you delete them. Now Download PhoneClean to Give a Free Try >
You May Like: How to Export Messages from iPhone to Computer >
How to Delete Saved Messages on iPhone with iMobie PhoneClean
Step 1. Run PhoneClean on your computer (Mac or PC) > Connect your iPhone to computer. Click Privacy Clean, and start scan your iPhone.
How to Delete Saved Messages on iPhone with PhoneClean
Step 2. After the scan is over, double click Sensitive Data to view the saved messages on your iPhone. Choose the conversations you want to delete, and then back to the result page.
How to Delete Saved Messages on iPhone
Step 3. Click the Clean button to completely remove messages on iPhone. You can also click Secure Cleanup to find and remove the deleted but still existed messages on your iPhone.
How to Completely Remove Messages from iPhone
- When removing junk files or personal info from iPhone/iPad/iPod touch with PhoneClean, it will back up your device firstly so that you can restore it any appointed backup time.
- In order to get more free space on your iPhone, you can select all things you want to delete and also perform a Quick Clean at the same time.
- This tutorial also can be applied to delete iMessages on iPhone iPad and iPod touch.
Also Read: Why Other Takes So Much Space on iPhone >
The Bottom Line
As you can see, it is easy to delete saved messages on iPhone 6/6S/7. No matter you want to delete, SMS messages, MMS messages, iMesages or messages attachments on iPhone, PhoneClean can help you make it with a few clicks. More than anything, PhoneClean is an expert at free up space on iDevice especially when you can't upgrade to the latest iOS operating system due insufficient free space. Why Not Download iMobie PhoneClean to Try It Now >
What's Hot on iMobie
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Delete All Messages on iPhone iPad At Once - This guide show you an easy way to delete all messages from iPhone at once. Read more >>
- How to View Text Messages on iCloud - Read this guide to learn how to view messages on iCloud. Read more >>
- How to Get Messages from iCloud Backup Easily - This step-by-step guide teaches you to extract messages from iCloud backup. Read more >>
- How to Transfer Text Messages from iPhone to iPhone Directly - Want to transfer text messages from old iPhone to new iPhone 6 (Plus)? Read more >>