How to Backup SMS/iMessages on iPhone 4s/5/5s/6/6s/SE
How to backup messages on iPhone? Read this post to get a quick way to backup SMS text messages and iMessages on iPhone 4s/5/5s/6/6s/SE.
Download AnyTrans to backup your iPhone iPad and iPod content to computer with ease. Now read to learn how to backup SMS and iMessages on iPhone 4s/5/5s/6/6s/SE.
Text messages and iMessages on iPhone are important forms of communication with family, loved ones, friends and colleagues. Backing up your iPhone regularly is a good way to prevent data loss due to mistakenly delete, iOS update, jailbreak, or iPhone broken.
You can backup text messages on iPhone via iTunes or iCloud, but you should know that neither iTunes nor iCloud allows you to view the text messages on backup. You have no access to the text messages unless you restore your iPhone from the backup. So how to save text messages on iPhone to computer in a readable format? Besides iTunes/iCloud, we also introduce you an iTunes alternative to backup iPhone text messages.
Part 1. How to Backup SMS/iMessages on iPhone with AnyTrans
AnyTrans is the best iOS file manager to backup, transfer and manage data on iPhone, iPad and iPod.
- It allows you to save text messages on iPhone to computer in pdf, txt, or html format, and you can view them any time as you need.
- You can also copy text messages from iPhone to iPhone, so you can still access the messages even if you upgrade to a new iPhone 6s.
- Additionally, it gives you access to iCloud backup (before iOS 9) so you can view messages in iCloud and you can even download them to computer.
Step 1. Launch AnyTrans and connect your iPhone to computer.
Step 2. Choose Messages Category to enter the Messages Manage Page.
How to Backup Text Messages on iPhone - Step 2
Step 3. Preview and selectively select text messages you want to backup.
Step 4. Tap to Computer button to backup text messages on iPhone 4/4s/5 to Mac, PC computer.
How to Backup Text Messages on iPhone - Step 4
After finishing above steps, you don't need to worry that your precious text messages disappear forever. Give it a shot and learn more about how to back up text messages on iPhone.
Part 2. How to Backup Text Messages on iPhone with iTunes
When you back up your iPhone via iTunes on computer, the text messages will also be backed up, but as we said, you cannot view or read the messages in iTunes backup directly.
Step 1. Open iTunes and plug in your iPhone to your computer. Click the device button.
Step 2. Under Summary, you will see your iPhone info. In the Backups section, click on Back Up Now. iTunes will start backing up your iPhone as well as text messages.
Backup Text Messages on iPhone with iTunes
Part 3. How to Backup Text Messages on iPhone with iCloud
You can also back up your iPhone including text messages and iMessages via iCloud. This can be done on your iPhone directly.
Step 1. Make sure your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi network.
Step 2. Make sure that iCloud Backup is turned on. In iOS 8 or later, tap Settings > iCloud > Backup. In iOS 7 or earlier, tap Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup
Step 3. Tap Back Up Now. You can also stop it by clicking the Cancel Backup option.
How to Backup Text Messages on iPhone with iCloud
You May Like: How to Manage Messages on Your iPhone >
The Bottom Line
If this article helps you to backup your text messages on iPhone, don't forget to share it with more friends. And any questions or problems, don't hesitate to leave them in the Comments Section.
What's Hot on iMobie
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Backup iPhone Contacts - Here's an easy way of backing up iPhone contacts. Learn more about it here. Read more >>
- Transfer Text Message from iPhone to Computer - This post help you transfer and backup your SMS/iMessage text messages from iPhone to computer. Read more >>
- Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Computer - Read this post to learn a way to transfer iPhone iPad contacts to computer in minutes. Read more >>
- How to Transfer Notes from iPhone to Computer - This post shows you how to transfer notes from iPhone to computer. Read more >>