How to Download/Export Text Messages from iPhone to PC/Mac Computer
How to download/export text messages from iPhone 4s/5/5s/6/6s/SE/7 to computer? This guide will tell you a quick & easy method to download text messages from iPhone to computer.
Now download AnyTrans on your computer firstly, and then follow us to download text messages from iPhone 4/4s/5/5s/6/6s/SE to PC/Mac computer in a few clicks.
You know, the Message App on your iPhone records your conversations with friends, partners, families, and loved ones, and most of them mean a lot to you. You don't want to delete or lose them. So you keep them on your iPhone. However, with time goes by, you store more and more messages on your iPhone. These messages will occupy much storage on your iPhone, even make you can't take new photos, download new apps, sync new songs, etc.
On the one hand, these messages are very important, you don't want to delete them, but on the other hand, the messages take up much space on your iPhone and make your device can't work normally. At this moment, you can consider exporting text messages from iPhone to computer for backup, and then delete them from your iPhone. You must have known how to delete messages on iPhone, in this post we will focus on how to transfer text messages from iPhone to computer for backup.
When it comes to backing up text messages on iPhone, maybe you will think of iTunes or iCloud. Unfortunately, they don't work on this case. iTunes and iCloud just offer you a way to create a backup which contains text messages, but you never can view these messages you save unless you plan to restore your iDevice with the backup you made. Therefore, in this guide we will recommend you a third-party software – AnyTrans, which allows you to 1-click to export or download text messages from iPhone to PC or Mac computer in pdf/html/txt format. Next, let's make a brief introduction about the tool we'll need.
Transfer Text Messages from iPhone to Computer
The Tool We'll Need
To download text messages from iPhone to computer, all you need is a professional iOS data transfer tool that is easy-to-use, efficient and capable of saving text messages from iPhone to computer. iMobie AnyTrans is the way to go, why?
- Supports transferring more than 24 types of iOS data, like Photos, Videos, Messages, Contacts, Notes, Music, etc. Anyway, whatever you want to transfer, AnyTrans helps you make it.
- Allows you to selectively export text messages from iPhone to computer as you want. No matter you want to download a text message, multiple or all messages from iPhone, AnyTrans helps you make it at one click.
- Allows you to save your iPhone messages in readable format (PDF/HTML/TXT), so you can view them or print out the texts at any time.
- Even supports transferring text messages from one iPhone to another, this makes you have a smooth upgrade to new iPhone 6/6s/SE.
- Compatible with both of Windows (like Windows 7/8/10/Vista/XP) and Mac OS X operating (like Mac OS X 10.8/9/10/11, etc.). And also supports all the models of iPhone, like iPhone 4/4s/5/5s/6/6s/SE. If you want to transfer text messages or iMessages from iPad/iPod touch to computer, you also can follow the guide below.
How to Transfer Text Messages from iPhone to Computer with AnyTrans
You can just follow this tutorial about how to download text messages from iPhone to computer step by step. Not only text messages can be transferred, but also MMS messages, SMS messages, iMessages and Messages attachment can be exported or downloaded to computer.
Step 1. Free download & install AnyTrans on your computer > Launch it > Connect your iPhone to computer with its USB cable. Click the button in the right hand or just scroll down.
How to Transfer Text Messages from iPhone to Computer - Step 1
Step 2. Choose Messages category to enter the Messages Manage Page.
How to Transfer Text Messages from iPhone to Computer - Step 2
Step 3. Preview and select text messages you want to transfer. Tap To PC/Mac button in the upper right corner to transfer text messages to computer.
How to Save Text Messages from iPhone to Computer – Step 3
Note: Once you have transferred messages from iPhone to computer, you can remove those messages from your device to get more free store by following this guide: How to Delete Messages and Messages Attachments on iPhone >
See Also: How to Transfer Texts to New iPhone SE >
The Bottom Line
With AnyTrans, you can freely and easily transfer any files to computer, even among all your Apple devices. If you have any question on this guide, please let us know in the comment section or via Email. Start taking a tour >
Top Posts on Backing up iPhone Contents to Computer:
Backup iPhone Photos to PC/Mac Computer >By Vicky, Dec.7, 2016
4 Ways to Backup iPhone Videos to PC/Mac >By Joy, Sep. 22, 2016
Transfer iPhone Text Messages to PC/Mac >By Joy, May 8, 2017
Transfer iPhone Contacts to Computer for Backup>By Vicky, Jun. 21, 2017
Get Music from iPhone Back to Computer > By Vicky, Oct. 13, 2016
1-Click to Back Up All iPhone Content > By Tom, May. 24, 2017
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Retrieve Deleted Text Messages on iPhone – This post will teach you to recover deleted text messages on iPhone in minutes. Read More >>
- How to View Text Messages on iCloud – Read this guide to check text messages on iCloud with ease. Read More >>
- Quick Fix: iPhone Messages Disappeared – Quick solution to your iPhone messages disappeared. Read More >>
- How to Backup Text Messages on iPhone – Read this guide to see how to backup text messages on iPhone in 3 ways. Read More >>