You may meet kinds of Siri problems or Siri not even working on your iPhone 6/6s/7 after updating to iOS 11/10.3/10.2/10.1/10. Read to learn some fixes.
Download PhoneRescue to get back lost but valuable iOS data back (iOS 8/9/10/11 supported). It supports retrieving messages, notes, contacts, call history, etc.
Siri is now a lot more useful in iOS 10/iOS 11, and it works with third-party apps, say, WhatsApp or WeChat, and you’re also able to type to Siri in iOS 11. But sometimes Siri may not work well on your iPhone or iPad after downloading iOS 11/10.3/10.2/10.1/10. Also, some iPhone 7/7 Plus users also reported that Siri not working on their device.
There are kinds of Siri issues you may meet: Siri not respond on your iPhone/iPad, Hey Siri or Siri Dictation doesn't work. Also, some users reported that they failed to make WhatsApp working with Siri on iPhone iPad running with iOS 11/10.3/10.2/10.1/10. For all those who are facing issues with iOS 10/11 Siri on their iPhone or iPad, we are going to provide some potential solutions by which you can easily get rid of such problems.
Note: Besides problems with Siri, you may also meet other kinds of iOS 10 or iOS 11 updating issues like Wi-Fi problems, iMessage not saying "Delivered", or data loss during upgrading to iOS 11. Don’t forget to backup your iDevice before you performing new iOS update.
How to Fix: iPhone 5/6/7 Siri Not Working After iOS 10/11 Update
1. Restart Siri on iPhone: Settings > General > Tap on Siri > Toggle it to off and turn on it again.
2. Reset Network Settings: Go to Settings app > General > Tap on Reset > Tap on Reset Network Settings > Enter your Passcode > Tap on Reset Network Settings to Confirm. After resetting, all the saved Wi-Fi password will be wiped.
3. Switch On/Off Dictation: Settings > General > Scroll down to keyboards > Toggle Enable Dictation to Off and Turn it on.
4. Enable Hey Siri: Make sure that Hey Siri option is enabled: Settings > General > Siri > Tap on Allow Hey Siri.
5. Clean your iPhone/iPad Microphone and make sure it is unobstructed and not damaged.
6. Update your iOS to latest version if available: check software updates to see if Apple releases a small update like iOS 10/11.x.
7. If Siri not working with your WhatsApp on iOS 10/11, make sure you’ve enabled Siri support: Settings > Siri > App Support > Enable Siri. Also, try removing WhatsApp and reinstalling on your iPhone.
The Bottom Line
Above these are some potential quick solutions to fix iPhone 5/6/6s/7 or iPad Siri issues after iOS 11/10.3/10.2/10.1/10 update, and if you have any other good suggestions, please leave a message. What’s more, we also collected some other iOS problems and solutions, including Wi-Fi issues, iMessage problems, Bluetooth issues and more.
More iOS 11 Upgrade Related Articles:
- How to Upgrade Your iPhone iPad iPod touch to iOS 11 >
- What Are New Features in iOS 11 >
- Should I Update to iOS 11 or Stick with iOS 10 >
- How to Install iOS 11 on iPhone iPad and iPod touch >
- The Most Common iOS 11 Problems and Solutions >
- How to Speed Up Old and Slow iOS 11 Devices >
- How to Free Up Space on iOS 11 Devices >
- How to Back Up iDevice for iOS 11 Upgrade >
- How to Recover Lost Data on iOS 11 Devices >
- How to Downgrade from iOS 11 to iOS 10 >