You may meet kinds of Siri problems or Siri not even working on your iPhone 6/6s/7/8/X after iOS 10/11 update, or after updating to iOS 12. Read to learn some fixes.
There’s a tech gala for Apple fans in September every year – Apple’s September Event. In September, Apple would release its new iPhone as well as the new iOS system. This year iOS 13 is the one coming to us. Each new iOS will bring with it a lot of new features, iOS 13 has no exception. Compared with the previous version, it concentrates more on the daily routine app, such as Siri, Message, Camera and Photos. There are many users who are longing to try iOS 13. But the official version can not be downloaded until September. For users who have registered the Apple Beta software Program, they can download iOS 13 Beta to have a try.
No matter the Beta version or the official version, there are many users who have complained about iPhone issues after updating to the new iOS. Here we will focus on Siri. There are kinds of Siri issues you may meet after updating: Siri not respond on your iPhone/iPad, Hey Siri or Siri Dictation doesn’t work. For all those who are facing issues with Siri on their iPhone or iPad, we are going to provide some potential solutions by which you can easily get rid of such problems.
The Siri not responding issue has no solid explanations yet, sometimes it just happened on their own out of the blue while others the problem happened after an iOS upgrade. Below are some small tips which may help you out when Siri doesn’t work, try them one by one and see if it can solve your problem.
1. Restart Siri on iPhone: Go to Settings > General > Tap on Siri > Toggle it to off and turn on it again.
2. Reset Network Settings: Go to Settings app > General > Tap on Reset > Tap on Reset Network Settings > Enter your Passcode > Tap on Reset Network Settings to confirm. After reset, all the saved Wi-Fi password will be wiped.
3. Switch On/Off Dictation: Settings > General > Scroll down to keyboards > Toggle Enable Dictation to Off and Turn it on.
4. Enable Hey Siri: Make sure that Hey Siri option is enabled: Settings > General > Siri > Tap on Allow Hey Siri.
5. Clean your iPhone/iPad Microphone and make sure it is unobstructed and not damaged.
6. Update your iOS to the latest version if available: check software updates to see if Apple releases a small update. For example, if you are using iOS 13 Beta, wait for Apple to release the public iOS 13 and updating to the newest one.
7. If Siri not working with your WhatsApp, make sure you’ve enabled Siri support: Settings > Siri > App Support > Enable Siri. If you have already enabled Siri support, try removing WhatsApp and reinstalling on your iPhone.
Above these are some potential quick solutions to fix iPhone or iPad Siri issues after iOS update, and if you have any other good suggestions, please leave a message. What’s more, we also collect some other iOS problems and solutions, including Wi-Fi issues, iMessage problems, Bluetooth issues and more.
Product-related questions? Contact Our Support Team to Get Quick Solution >