You may meet kinds of Siri problems or Siri not even working on your iPhone 6/6s/7/8/X after iOS 10/11 update, or after updating to iOS 12. Read to learn some fixes.
Siri is now a lot more useful in iOS 10/iOS 11, and iOS 12, it works with third-party apps, say, WhatsApp or WeChat, and you’re also able to type to Siri in iOS 12. However, sometimes Siri may not work well on your iPhone iPad after updating to iOS 12. Recently, a lot of iPhone users complain that Siri not working on their devices.
There are kinds of Siri issues you may meet: Siri not respond on your iPhone/iPad, Hey Siri or Siri Dictation doesn’t work. Also, some users reported that they failed to make WhatsApp working with Siri on iPhone iPad. For all those who are facing issues with Siri on their iPhone or iPad, we are going to provide some potential solutions by which you can easily get rid of such problems.
Note: Besides problems with Siri, you may also meet other kinds of updating issues like Wi-Fi problems, iMessage not saying “Delivered”, or data loss during upgrading to iOS 11 or even the newest iOS 12. Don’t forget to backup your iDevice before you performing new iOS update.
1. Restart Siri on iPhone: Settings > General > Tap on Siri > Toggle it to off and turn on it again.
2. Reset Network Settings: Go to Settings app > General > Tap on Reset > Tap on Reset Network Settings > Enter your Passcode > Tap on Reset Network Settings to Confirm. After resetting, all the saved Wi-Fi password will be wiped.
3. Switch On/Off Dictation: Settings > General > Scroll down to keyboards > Toggle Enable Dictation to Off and Turn it on.
4. Enable Hey Siri: Make sure that Hey Siri option is enabled: Settings > General > Siri > Tap on Allow Hey Siri.
5. Clean your iPhone/iPad Microphone and make sure it is unobstructed and not damaged.
6. Update your iOS to the latest version if available: check software updates to see if Apple releases a small update, for example, wait for Apple to release the public iOS 12 and updating to the newest one.
7. If Siri not working with your WhatsApp, make sure you’ve enabled Siri support: Settings > Siri > App Support > Enable Siri. Also, try removing WhatsApp and reinstalling on your iPhone.
Above these are some potential quick solutions to fix iPhone 5/6/7/8/X or iPad Siri issues after iOS update, and if you have any other good suggestions, please leave a message. What’s more, we also collected some other iOS problems and solutions, including Wi-Fi issues, iMessage problems, Bluetooth issues and more.
Product-related questions? Contact Our Support Team to Get Quick Solution >