After iOS 10/11/11.1/11.2 update, find unable to activate touch ID or unable to complete touch ID setup? This guide collects the most common touch ID problems/issues and solutions to help you out.
PhoneRescue for iOS is made to recover and extract lost data from iDevice or iOS backup. Download it to have a try after reading this guide.
Touch ID is a way to secure your iPhone or iPad and make purchases in App Store or iTunes Store. It is available on iPhone 5s and later as well as iPad mini 3/4, iPad Air 2 and iPad Pro running iOS 11/10.
However, many iPhone users reported that they failed to activate Touch ID after updating to iOS 11/11.1/10 or the latest iOS 11.2, so to help more people solve this problem, here in this guide, we will show you how to fix Touch ID failed issues which will work on iOS 10/11 even the latest iOS 11.2.
If you don’t like this "Press home button to unlock" feature, you can also open your iPhone with "Rest Finger to Open" and "Raise to Wake", which allows you to unlock iPhone with Touch ID (Fingerprint) without pressing home button. Raise to Wake only works for iPhone SE, iPhone 6s/6s Plus, and iPhone 7/iPhone 7 Plus.
How to Fix Touch ID Not Working on iOS 10/11/11.1
Based on the former iOS 8/9/10 update experience, there are various types of issues or bugs you may meet when downloading iOS 11, for instance, Wi-Fi not working, iCloud Music library can't be enabled, or iMessage problems etc. Please refer to other posts to get help.
1. Go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode > Enter your Passcode. Then turn off iTunes & App Store. Reboot your iPhone or iPad. Go back to Touch ID & Passcode in Settings and turn iTunes & App Store back on. Tap on Add a Fingerprint to add another fingerprint.
2. Remove and re-add fingerprints: Settings > Touch ID & Passcode > Enter the passcode of your device > Scroll down to find fingerprints. Tap on the fingerprint, which you want to delete and then Tap on Delete.
3. During the registration process, make sure your finger surface gets scanned and try different angle.
4. If your finger is sweat or there is liquid on your iPhone, you need to wipe both your finger and your home button.
5. Force Restart your iPhone or iPad: Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears.
6. If a restart does not help try a Restore. First backup your device using iTunes. Then connect your iDevice to computer and launch iTunes to restore your iPhone.
The Bottom Line
If you meet any other new issues with Touch ID after iOS 10/10.3.3/11/11.1 update, you can share with us in comment section. And any suggestions or fixes for Touch ID failed are welcomed. In case that you may lose some important iOS content when updating to iOS 10/10.3.3/11/11.1, we provide you Three Ways to Retrieve Lost Data on iPhone/iPad.