How to Update iPhone/iPad/iPod touch
Want to update iPhone without iTunes but do not know how? This guide will tell you how to update iPhone/iPad/iPod touch over the air.
This easy-to-use iTunes alternative can help you transfer iPhone/iPad/iPod content with no limits. Do not forget to give it try after you have read this how to update iPhone without iTunes guide.
It is easy to update iPhone to the latest version of iOS without iTunes. But some newbies may be confused with the detailed steps. Generally, when the software update is available on your device, you may receive update notification. You can choose to update now, install tonight or remind you later. If you miss the notification, then you can follow the steps in this guide to make it.
Also Read: How to Speed Up iOS 10/iOS 10.1.1 Devices >
Part 1. Make Preparation Before the Update
It’s strongly recommended to do some pre work to make a smooth update before you start to update iPhone without iTunes.
- Remember to backup your iPhone or iPad before the update, so that you can recover your important data if the device runs into any problem.
- Make enough room: How to Free up Space on iPhone/iPad. Or you can update iPhone with iTunes if you have no enough room.
Part 2. How to Update iPhone/iPad/iPod touch without iTunes
Step 1. Plug your iPhone into power > Connect your device to Wi-Fi network.
Step 2. Go to Settings app > Tap on General > Tap on Software Update.
Step 3. Tap Download and Install > Enter your passcode > Tap Agree to confirm.
How to Update iPhone without iTunes
If you meet any problem when updating your iPhone without iTunes, you can refer to this guide to get the solutions: The Most Common iOS 10/iOS 10.1.1 Update Problems and Solutions >
Part 3. Bonus Tip: Manage iPhone/iPad/iPod Content with Ease
If you do not like using iTunes to manage your iDevice data, then you can’t miss AnyTrans. It is one professional iTunes alternative that can meet all your needs in managing iPhone/iPad/iPod content. You can transfer more than 20 + types of iOS data from iDevice to iDevice, iDevice to computer/iTunes and vice versa. Get 7-Day Free Try Now >
Manage iPhone/iPad/iPod Content with AnyTrans
The Bottom Line
This is all for how to update iPhone/iPad/iPod without iTunes. If you think this guide is helpful, please share it with your friends. And do not forget to have a try on AnyTrans, it will not let you down.
What's Hot on iMobie
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Transfer Videos from Computer to iPhone 7 – Read this guide to see how to download videos to iPhone 7 with ease. Read More >>
- How to Transfer Videos from iPhone 7 to Computer – This guide shows you 3 ways to get videos from iPhone 7 to Mac or PC. Read More >>
- How to Transfer Photos from iPhone 7 to Computer – Read this guide to know how to download iPhone photos to computer easily. Read More >>
- How to Transfer Photos from Computer to iPhone 7 – This guide tells you 2 methods to get pictures from PC/Mac to iPhone 7. Read More >>