There are so many albums on my iPhone 6s, including the Camera Roll, Photo Stream, Favorites and so on. I want to transfer photos of albums to computer for backup and then delete them on iPhone for free up space. But how do I transfer them to computer. Who can help me this, thanks!
With iPhone’s high definition, you can always enjoy taking photos with your iPhone. Besides that, you may also download or received some lovely pictures from friends on iPhone, and these pictures are stored in different albums automatically on your iPhone. As time goes by, one day you may find there are tons of pictures of different albums on your iPhone.
Sometimes, in order to free up space on your iPhone, you may want to delete these photos after transferring them to computer for backup. So how to copy these photo albums from iPhone to computer?
Normally, we can easily transfer Camera Roll photos from iPhone to computer with the Mac built-in tools (like iPhoto, Preview and Image Capture) and Windows AutoPlay, while we can’t use them to import other albums photos like My Photo Stream and photos you synced from computer. Therefore, in this guide, we recommend you an amazing iOS photo transfer tool – AnyTrans for iOS, which allows you to transfer all kinds of photo albums from iPhone to PC and Mac computer.
A Brief Introduction to AnyTrans for iOS
AnyTrans for iOS is an iOS content management tool developed to help Apple users keep their iPhone iPad contents organized. It does great in iOS photos management. Here are some features of AnyTrans.
- Supports both Windows and Mac computer. No matter you want to transfer albums from iPhone to PC or Mac, AnyTrans for iOS can make it.
- Supports transferring photos from all kind of albums on your iPhone, including Camera Roll, Photo Stream, Photo Library, Screenshot, Selfies, Favorites, etc.
- Before transferring, you are allowed to view all the photos on PC or Mac computer in advance and then to select what you want to transfer.
- Supports deleting photos in several modes, like one by one, multiple, even delete all photos at once. This helps you to manage unnecessary photos more flexible and it is more timesaving.
- Also supports transferring photos and photo albums between two iDevices directly. This makes it possible to transfer iPhone photos or albums to another iPhone or iPad without iCloud sync.
- Guarantees you 100% Safe & Security. During this process, all the contents on your iPhone will be kept safe, no data erasing would occur, and you won’t lose any data or file.
How to Transfer Photo Album from iPhone to PC with AnyTrans for iOS
Step 1 – Launch AnyTrans for iOS
Run AnyTrans for iOS on computer and plug your iPhone to computer with a USB cable. Click Device Manager in the drop-down menu, click the button at the right hand as below picture shows. It will enables you to manage iPhone content by category.
Step 2 – Select an Album
Click “Photos” and select a photo album, such as Camera Roll, Photo Stream, Photo Library, etc. For example, you can choose Albums to view your own made or some system generated albums.
Step 3 – Choose Photos to Start Transferring
Choose photos from the album and click the Send to Computer button on the right hand to start transferring.
After transferring photos and albums from iPhone to computer for backup, you can follow this guide to delete them from iPhone. If you also want to transfer albums from iPhone to other iDevices for backup, you can easily make it by following this guide: How to Transfer Photos and Albums from iPhone to iPhone >
Bonus Method to Transfer Albums from iPhone to Computer Wirelessly
If you have no USB cable aside or your iPhone cannot be recognized by your computer, you can try AnyTrans app to transfer albums from iPhone to computer wirelessly. Before the steps, make sure your iPhone and your computer are connected to the same Wi-Fi.
Step 1. Install AnyTrans app on your iPhone.
Step 2. On your computer, enter
Step 3. On your iPhone, open the AnyTrans app you just installed and tap on the Scan button to scan the QR code on your computer.
Step 4. Then all your iPhone photos will show up on the computer. Select the albums you want to save to computer and click the “Download” button to start transferring.
The Bottom Line
With AnyTrans for iOS, you can also easily transfer other iOS data like videos, music, contacts, apps, and audiobooks from iPhone XS (Max)/XR/X/8/7/6 to computer in few steps. Why not download AnyTrans for iOS for a free trial now?