iPhone iMessage and messages may disappear due to various reasons, such as system crash, upgrade failure, accidental deletion, water damaged, etc. If you’ve made an iTunes or iCloud backup and the backup contains the iMessage or text messages you deleted, then you are lucky enough to recover your disappeared iPhone messages conversations. Otherwise if you have no backups, the only solution available is to ask for outside help – the messages/iMessage recovery software.
To help you recover the deleted messages or iMessages in the most reliable and efficient way, here we will share you 5 best messages and iMessage recovery software that we evaluated carefully from thousands of iOS data recovery apps. Also, offering you valuable references so that you can pick out the one best suit your needs. Now, read on below guide with deep attention.
Part 1. What Is Best iPhone Messages/iMessage Recovery Software – Define Criterions
Since there are plenty of iOS data recovery software in the market, how to judge which is the best software for you to recover deleted messages or iMessage may confuse you a lot. And following are the criterions.
- It should be virus-free and safe to use.
- It should be compatible with all iOS models: iPhone X/8/7/6S/6/SE/5S/5/4S/4, iPad, iPod touch.
- It should be capable of recovering multiple types of iOS files: photos, contacts, etc.
- It should offer you professional technical support in case you will meet questions when using the software.
Part 2. Best Messages/iMessage Recovery Software – PhoneRescue for iOS
Through our tests and research, PhoneRescue for iOS could be the #1 of the best iPhone data recovery app list to recover deleted iMessage and messages. It has helped over 5,7000,000 users out from various data loss issues, and has 3 excellent highlights: world’s top success rate, fast recovering speed and easiest operating steps, which make it stand out from numerous competitors.
- World’s Top Success Rate & 100% Secure – All deleted messages and iMessage will be safely recovered. You are the only person who has access to view the messages.
- Direct Recovery to iPhone’s Message App – Supports retrieving deleted messages or iMessage to iPhone’s messages app directly for instant use. Just like the iMessage/messages were never got lost.
- Preview & Selectivity – You are allowed to preview and select the messages before recovering. In this way, you can choose the messages or iMessage you needed most to recover, not all deleted ones.
- 3 Messages and iMessage Recovery Modes – From iPhone directly (without any backup), from iTunes backup, from iCloud backup. Unlike the common way, you can preview the backup details, and no data erase risk.
- Widest Coverage of Files – Besides messages and iMessage, it also supports recovering other up to 31 iOS file types, including photos, WhatsApp messages, contacts, music, notes, videos, etc.
- Fastest Recovering Speed – It only takes a few minutes to complete the entire recovering process.
- Easiest Operation – 3 clicks are needed to finish the task. No tech knowledge required.
- 7/24/365 Technical Support – If you will meet any trouble when using PhoneRescue for iOS, you can get valid help in time.
- 60 Days Money Back Guarantee – If you fail to get back deleted messages or iMessage within 60 days of purchase, you’ll get 100% unconditional refund.
- Paid software.
How to Recover Deleted iMessage/Messages on iPhone with PhoneRescue for iOS
Step 1 Go to the Download Page of PhoneRescue and choose iOS Data Recovery to download it on your Mac/PC > Run it.
Step 2 Connect your iPhone to the computer > Choose Recover from iOS Device mode > Click Right Arrow.
Step 3 Check Messages Only > Click OK button to proceed. By default, all supported categories will be checked. Just uncheck Select All button to choose Messages.
Step 4 Preview and Select the messages, iMessage or messages attachments you want to recover > Click To Device button to retrieve the selected ones to iPhone’s Messages App directly, or you can click To Computer button to save them on your computer.
If you have made iTunes or iCloud backup before losing the messages, you can read the guides below to check your backup and preview whether if it does contain the lost messages you want to recover. And then recover them from backup without data loss:
To recover other iOS files (click to check detailed tutorials):
- iPhone Photos Recovery >
- iPhone Messages Recovery >
- iPhone Notes Recovery >
- iPhone Contacts Recovery >
- iPhone Voicemails Recovery >
- iPhone Calendar Recovery >
- iPhone Reminder Recovery >
- iPhone Call History Recovery >
- Safari Bookmarks Recovery >
- iPhone Videos Recovery >
- iPhone Safari History Recovery >
- iPhone Voice Memos Recovery >
Part 3. Best Messages/iMessage Recovery Software – Primo iPhone Data Recovery
Primo iPhone Data Recovery is another great iPhone messages/iMessage recovery tool that gives guaranteed results. It helps you recover lost messages/iMessage from any situation, such as water damaged, update failure, forgotten password, etc. It also provides three recovery modes to ensure higher success rate.
- Recover 25 types of iOS data from iPhone/iPad/iPod touch.
- 3 recovery modes: from iDevice, iTunes backup, and iCloud.
- Work well with all iPhone models: iPhone X/8/7/6S/6/SE/5S/5/4S/4.
- Able to recover deleted messages and other iOS data from iTunes/iCloud backup without restoring the whole backup contents.
- Paid software, you have to pay for it.
- Take time to scan device.
Part 4. Best Messages/iMessage Recovery Software – Dr. Fone for iOS
Dr. Fone for iOS is a program from Wondershare supports recovering a wide variety of iOS files, including messages, iMessage, photos, contacts, voicemail, etc. It also features a preview function, allowing you to preview the deleted messages or iMessage before recovering. This software has a powerful scanning process, and it is easy to use.
- Fastest scan speed in the industry.
- Recover data from iPhone, iTunes and iCloud.
- Recover photos, videos, contacts, messages, notes, call logs, and more.
- Compatible with latest iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone X.
- Must upgrade to the Pro version to get recovery and more functions.
- A little expensive.
Part 5. Best Messages/iMessage Recovery Software – D-Back iPhone Data Recovery
iMyFone D-Back iPhone data recovery is a highly effective data recovery tool that can help you recover your deleted or lost iMessage/messages with ease. It provides 4 recovery modes for a greater chance of recovering your lost data: Smart Recovery, Recovery from iOS Device, Recover from iTunes Backup, Recover from iCloud Backup. Also, its interface is clear enough for green hands to understand.
- Scan your iPhone, iTunes backup, and iCloud backup deeply to find the hidden deleted messages/iMessage.
- Recover different types of iPhone data, including contacts, call logs, messages, photos, and videos among many others.
- It is quite fast. It takes just a few minutes to get all the deleted data back.
- Fix the iOS issues without data loss.
- Trial version has limited functions.
- The supported data types are relatively limited.
Part 6. Best Messages/iMessage Recovery Software – EaseUS MobiSaver
EaseUS MobiSaver is also a high-grade iPhone data recovery tool for iPhone users to recover the missing messages or iMessage. It provides in-depth scanning of your iPhone, iTunes backup and iCloud backup to help you find the deleted files that you want to recover. It is also fitted with the ability to retrieve lost data when your iPhone is inaccessible, stuck in Apple logo, black/white screen.
- The process to recover iPhone lost messages and iMessage is smooth. Just a few simple clicks are needed.
- Retrieve lost data even your device is broken, water damaged, crashed or lost, etc.
- You can preview the files before choosing and recovering them.
- Only display deleted items option.
- The price is a little high.
- The success rate is not so high when compared with other 4 data recovery software.
Part 7: 2018 Best Messages/iMessage Data Recovery Software – Comparison Chart
|PhoneRescue for iOS||Primo iPhone Data Recovery||Dr.Fone||D-Back iPhone Data Recovery||EaseUS Mobisaver|
|Recover From iDevice|
|Recover From iTunes|
|Recover from iCloud|
|Selectively Recover Data|
|Time Consuming to Scan||40 seconds||1 minutes 21 seconds||39 seconds||43 seconds||1 minutes 36 seconds|
|Data Comparison(Find the different data between iDevice and Backups)|
|Recover to iPhone Apps Directly (Contacts, Messages, Photos, etc.)|
The Bottom Line
Evaluating the cost of losing an iPhone is quite easy, but it’s hard to calculate the loss of your important iMessage or messages. So, a regular iPhone backup plan with iTunes or iCloud should be advanced. At last, since any newly generated data on iPhone will overwrite the deleted messages/iMessage and lead to them lose eternally, it is very important to stop using your iPhone until you get all the lost data back.