PodTrans is full-featured, easy-to-use and powerful iPod transfer freeware to help you free import and export iPod music and movies without the limitations of iTunes. For the general software support, you can follow below with HOW-TO tutorials. And if you still have questions, please check our dedicated FAQ page or contact us directly.
If you are pleased with our PodTrans, please share it with your friends, with a simple click of a badge below:
Part 1: PodTrans Welcome Interface Overview
Part 2: PodTrans Operating Interface Overview
In PodTrans Function Buttons area, you can pick up a file first, and choose one option from:
Click to refresh the File List Window To add music onto device from computer Remove files from device Transfer files onto computer hard drive
- In File List Window, all media information will appear here, such as Title, Time, Artist, Album, etc.
- The Genre, Artist, Album filters can help you to screen out songs in perticular catagory with few clicks.
- Select a media classification button to view its content.
To Export music to PC or delete iPod songs by right-clicking on the mouse.
Part 3: How to Export Music from iPod to Computer
Note: Befow exporting or importing iPod songs, please make sure your iPod's "Enable Disk Use" option is checked.
Step 1: Connect your iPod to the computer. PodTrans can only support only one iPod at once. To manage unlimited devices, at the same time, please upgrade to PodTrans Pro version.
Connect your iPod to Continue
Step 2: After plugging in your iPod, you will find it on the left side Media Classification Buttons. Click Music tab to access the songs list window.
Click Music to Continue
Step 3: Highlight the songs you want to Export. The Filter feature can help you locate particular songs from the library.
Find Songs Quickly
Step 4: Click Export and set the destination folder for your music; click OK to start transferring music from iPod to computer for free.
1. Make sure the target output folder has enough free space.
2. Regularly PodTrans will transfer over 7000 songs in only about 25 minutes, but the transferring speed also depends on USB cable, computer hard disk format, as well as other external factors.
Part 4: How to Import Music to iPod from Computer
Uploading music to iPod is easy with PodTrans. You do not have to launch iTunes at all. Just click Import > Pick up the songs > OK. Everything is done. The reason for using PodTrans to add iPod music is that, unlike iTunes Sync, it will not erase the original music saved on iPod.
Import Music to iPod
Tips: Please make sure the files you uploaded are supported by iPod.
Supported iPod Models:
|iPod classic||iPod classic 4, iPod classic 5, iPod classic 6, etc.|
|iPod mini||iPod mini 1, iPod mini 2|
|iPod nano||iPod nano 1, iPod nano 2, iPod nano 3, iPod nano 4, iPod nano 5, iPod nano 6, 7|
|iPod shuffle||iPod shuffle 1, iPod shuffle 2, iPod shuffle 3, iPod shuffle 4|
|iPod touch||iPod touch 1 2 3 4 5|
Supported Media File Types:
|iPod classic||Music, Movies, TV shows, Videos, Audiobooks, Podcasts, Photos|
|iPod nano||Music, Audiobooks, Podcasts|
|iPod shuffle||Music, Audiobooks, Podcasts, Photos|
|iPod touch||Music, Movies, Music Videos, TV shows, Audiobooks, Podcasts, Photos|
What's New in the Latest Version of PodTrans:
Release Date: 10 May, 2013
File Size: 7.37 MB
1. Improved software start-up procedure and fixed cannot launch problem
More PodTrans Guides You May Like
- Upload Music to iPod - How to Upload Music to iPod nano, iPod classic, iPod shuffle without iTunes? Read more >>
- Download Music from iPod - How to download music from iPod to computer hard drive? PodTrans is the best answer. Read more >>
- Transfer Music to iPod - This Music to iPod guide focuses on how to transfer music to iPod without iTunes sync. Read more >>
- How to Transfer Music from iPod to Computer - This article aims to give you a new way for transferring music from iPod to computer. Read more >>