Want to transfer text messages or copy iMessages from old iPhone to your new iPhone 7/8/X? This article is intended to show you two ways to transfer text messages/iMessages from iPhone to iPhone. Keep reading on this post to learn more.
Free download AnyTrans for iOS to your computer and then follow us to transfer text messages from old iPhone to new iPhone 7/8/X in minutes. Start A Free Trial Now >
Q: "I plan to buy a brand-new iPhone 8 Plus. Meanwhile, I have an old iPhone 6. And all my text messages remains in the old iPhone. Can I transfer text messages from iPhone 6 to iPhone 8, because I don't want to lose the best memories that carried by text messages? Is it possible to transfer only messages instead of the whole backing up and restoring process?" Thanks for sharing.
-- Yahoo Answers
When you get a new iPhone X/8 (Plus), the first thing you need to do is to transfer data from the old iPhone to the new one, and of course the text messages or iMessages are always something you don't want to leave behind.
To transfer messages to new iPhone, certainly you can back up the old iPhone via iTunes or iCloud, and then restore your new phone from the backup. However, not only messages, some other data that you don't want anymore may be transferred from old device to your new device. Additionally, there is also a great chance that you may suffer from the slow transferring process, and even sometimes, you may be failed in the midway due to lots of unknown reasons.
In this tutorial, we will share you the easiest and most practical way to transfer text messages/iMessages from iPhone to iPhone. In case some of you prefer the traditional way to transfer messages from iPhone to iPhone, we will also show you the detailed steps to transfer messages from iPhone to iPhone via iCloud. Please refer to them both and adopt one method catering to your needs most.
How to transfer text messages from iPhone to iPhone directly? The easiest and most effective way is getting an iPhone to iPhone data transfer tool. In this part, we recommend the best one - AnyTrans for iOS. Why?
1. AnyTrans for iOS is capable of transferring all messages, like text messages, iMessages, SMS, etc. from one iPhone to another iPhone within just one click, also enables you to selectively preview each piece of message on your iPhone, and then choose the ones you need to copy to another iPhone.
2. Lightening transferring speed - Transferring More than 1000 messages and nearly 200 contacts from iPhone to iPhone is finished in 40 seconds.
3. Not just text messages and iMessages, also support message attachments transferring, like the pictures, videos.
4. No data erasing happens. Unlike iTunes and iCloud, AnyTrans for iOS will keep all of your data from loss and erasing during the whole process. 100% Guarantees you data safe & security.
5. Besides to another iPhone, you can also transfer text messages from iPhone to your PC/Mac computer in the formats of .pdf, .html, .txt.
6. Besides messages, there are more than 20 other iOS data types supported transferring from iPhone to iPhone, such as contacts, songs, photos, notes, etc.
With the help of AnyTrans for iOS, you can copy messages from iPhone to iPhone in just a few minutes. Free download AnyTrans for iOS and follow the steps below.
Step 1. Launch AnyTrans for iOS > Connect your two iPhones to computer with USB cable. AnyTrans for iOS will detect the two devices automatically. Click Device Manager > Go to shortcut screen > Click "Merge Device" button.
Step 2. Make sure the transferring is correct by checking the target device. And then click "Next" on the right.
Step 3. Choose Message among various types of data, and click "Next" to transfer messages from iPhone to iPhone.
Note: The Merge function of AnyTrans for iOS will directly transfer messages, ringtones, music, bookmarks, notes, contacts and more from one iPhone to another without erasing existed data on the target device. It might take a while to finish this process: backup your device > merge data > sync data, please be patient and never unplug your device.
We just showed you how to transfer text messages from iPhone to iPhone with AnyTrans for iOS above. Besides messages, some other iPhone contents also are supported transferring to another one, and they are listed below (Click to View Detailed Tutorial):
You can also transfer messages from iPhone to iPhone with iCloud. However, before getting down to the detailed steps. There are a couple of things you should know.
1. Transferring messages from iPhone to iPhone via iCloud is quite complicated. You have to create an iCloud backup of your old iPhone first then restore the new iPhone with the iCloud backup, which might be a huge burden for people who are new to iCloud.
2. Transferring messages from iPhone to iPhone highly depends on Wi-Fi connection. If your iPhones are under poor Wi-Fi connection, the transferring process may be quite time-consuming, or worse, the transferring process gets interrupted.
3. iCloud restoring process involves erasing all exist contents from your new iPhone. That’s to say, if there are some data on your new iPhone, data loss will occur during the transferring process.
4. Besides messages, all other unwanted contents like contacts, settings will also be transferred to your new iPhone.
To avoid any data loss and inconveniences that transferring messages from iPhone to iPhone might cause you, we sincerely suggest you jumping to Part 1 for a much safer and more practical option to transfer messages from iPhone to iPhone.
Steps to Transfer Messages from iPhone to iPhone with iCloud
1. Backup the old iPhone with iCloud. Go to Settings > Tap your account > iCloud > iCloud Backup > Turn on iCloud Backup if it is not, and then click Back Up Now. It will start backing up your iPhone.
2. Set up another iPhone of yours > Choose Restore from iCloud Backup > Sign in your iCloud and select the recent backup to restore.
3. Please note that if your iPhone has been set up, you need to reset it firstly, and then set it up again before taking this method. Tap on Settings > General > Reset and > Erase All Content and Settings. The enter your Apple ID and password.
By comparison, method 1 with AnyTrans for iOS is obviously much more easier to help you with transferring messages from iPhone to iPhone. Besides, it supports all messages, not just iMessages. Download this powerful iPhone transfer tool for free trial now >
More iPhone Messages Related Articles You May Like:
Joy Member of @iMobie_Inc., is specialized in Mac, iPhone, iPad and iOS, Mac OS, and love to find and solve Apple related daily life problems.
Product-related questions? Click here to get quick solution from our Support Team >>