Want to transfer text messages or copy iMessages from old iPhone to your new iPhone 7/8/X? This article is intended to show you two ways to transfer text messages/iMessages from iPhone to iPhone. Keep reading on this post to learn more.
Free download AnyTrans for iOS to your computer and then follow us to transfer text messages from old iPhone to new iPhone 7/8/X in minutes. Start A Free Trial Now >
Q: "I plan to buy a brand-new iPhone 8 Plus. Meanwhile, I have an old iPhone 6. And all my text messages remains in the old iPhone. Can I transfer text messages from iPhone 6 to iPhone 8, because I don't want to lose the best memories that carried by text messages? Is it possible to transfer only messages instead of the whole backing up and restoring process?" Thanks for sharing.
-- Yahoo Answers
When you get a new iPhone X/8 (Plus), the first thing you need to do is to transfer data from the old iPhone to the new one, and of course the text messages or iMessages are always something you don't want to leave behind.
To transfer messages to new iPhone, certainly you can back up the old iPhone via iTunes or iCloud, and then restore your new phone from the backup. However, not only messages, some other data that you don't want anymore may be transferred from old device to your new device. Additionally, there is also a great chance that you may suffer from the slow transferring process, and even sometimes, you may be failed in the midway due to lots of unknown reasons.
In this tutorial, we will share you the easiest and most practical way to transfer text messages/iMessages from iPhone to iPhone. In case some of you prefer the traditional way to transfer messages from iPhone to iPhone, we will also show you the detailed steps to transfer messages from iPhone to iPhone via iCloud. Please refer to them and adopt one method catering to your needs most.
1. How to Transfer Messages from iPhone to iPhone (Easy & Fast) 2. How to Transfer Messages from iPhone to iPhone with iCloud (Time-consuming and Complicated ) 3. How to Transfer iMessages from iPhone to iPhone (Only for iOS 11.4)
How to transfer text messages from iPhone to iPhone directly? The easiest and most effective way is getting an iPhone to iPhone data transfer tool. In this part, we recommend the best one - AnyTrans for iOS. Why?
1. AnyTrans for iOS is capable of transferring all messages, like text messages, iMessages, SMS, etc. from one iPhone to another iPhone within just one click, also enables you to selectively preview each piece of message on your iPhone, and then choose the ones you need to copy to another iPhone.
2. Lightening transferring speed - Transferring More than 1000 messages and nearly 200 contacts from iPhone to iPhone is finished in 40 seconds.
3. Not just text messages and iMessages, also support message attachments transferring, like the pictures, videos.
4. No data erasing happens. Unlike iTunes and iCloud, AnyTrans for iOS will keep all of your data from loss and erasing during the whole process. 100% Guarantees you data safe & security.
5. Besides to another iPhone, you can also transfer text messages from iPhone to your PC/Mac computer in the formats of .pdf, .html, .txt.
6. Besides messages, there are more than 20 other iOS data types supported transferring from iPhone to iPhone, such as contacts, songs, photos, notes, etc.
With the help of AnyTrans for iOS, you can copy messages from iPhone to iPhone in just a few minutes. Free download AnyTrans for iOS and follow the steps below.
Step 1. Launch AnyTrans for iOS > Connect your two iPhones to computer with USB cable. AnyTrans for iOS will detect the two devices automatically. Click Device Manager > Go to shortcut screen > Click "Merge Device" button.
Step 2. Make sure the transferring is correct by checking the target device. And then click "Next" on the right.
Step 3. Choose Message among various types of data, and click "Next" to transfer messages from iPhone to iPhone.
Note: The Merge function of AnyTrans for iOS will directly transfer messages, ringtones, music, bookmarks, notes, contacts and more from one iPhone to another without erasing existed data on the target device. It might take a while to finish this process: backup your device > merge data > sync data, please be patient and never unplug your device.
We just showed you how to transfer text messages from iPhone to iPhone with AnyTrans for iOS above. Besides messages, some other iPhone contents also are supported transferring to another one, and they are listed below (Click to View Detailed Tutorial):
For iPhone users, iCloud is the most convenient and most used cloud service to backup iPhone contents in case of any potential data loss. Except making iPhone backups, iCloud also can be used to transfer or move data from one iPhone to another. The messages, including text messages and iMessages we want to transfer are also included. Next, we will show you how to transfer text messages and iMessages from iPhone to iPhone with iCloud backup.
1. Transferring messages from iPhone to iPhone highly depends on Wi-Fi connection. If your iPhones are under poor Wi-Fi connection, the transferring process may be quite time-consuming, or worse, the transferring process gets interrupted.
2. iCloud restoring process involves erasing all exist contents from your new iPhone. That’s to say, if there are some data on your new iPhone, data loss will occur during the transferring process.
3. Besides messages, all other unwanted contents like contacts, settings will also be transferred to your new iPhone.
4. To avoid any data loss and inconveniences that transferring messages from iPhone to iPhone might cause you, we sincerely suggest you jumping to Part 1 for a much safer and more practical option to transfer messages from iPhone to iPhone.
Besides, since iOS 11.4 released, Apple has already brought back the Message in iCloud feature. This feature enables users to share messages across different devices. So you can also apply this feature to transfer messages from one iPhone to another. But this feature is only for iMessgaes, and works on devices running with iOS 11.4. Next, we will show you sync iMessages from iPhone to iPhone with iCloud syncing:
1. On one iPhone, go to Settings > Click the account name > Choose iCloud.
2. Scroll down to locate Messages > Toggle it on if it is not, then all iMessages on it will be synced to iCloud.
3. On another iPhone, do the same as above. And then both devices will share all the iMessages.
1. This method is only works for those whose two iPhones are running iOS 11.4 or latter.
2. With this method, only the iMessages can be synced to another iPhone. In other words, the messages sent by other iPhone users can be moved, if some of your friends or family working with Android devices, their messages won’t be moved.
3. If you want to move all the messages on your iPhone, including iMessages, text messages and other messages sent by Android or blackberry phone, please move to Part 1 to make it.
By comparison, method 1 with AnyTrans for iOS is obviously much more easier to help you with transferring messages from iPhone to iPhone. Besides, it supports all messages, not just iMessages. And other iOS contents like, photos, videos, music, contacts, etc., also can be transferred to new iPhone. Download AnyTrans to transfer data to new iPhone Now >
More iPhone Messages Related Articles You May Like:
Joy Member of @iMobie_Inc., is specialized in Mac, iPhone, iPad and iOS, Mac OS, and love to find and solve Apple related daily life problems.
Product-related questions? Click here to get quick solution from our Support Team >>