How to Transfer Photos from Mac to iPhone 6s/SE/7/8/X in 2 Ways
If you are an Apple newbie and don’t know how to transfer photos from Mac to your new iPhone 6s/7/8/X, you can get two solutions here.
AnyTrans for iOS is the best iPhone photo management tool works on MacBook, MacBook Air/Pro and iMac, iMac Pro. Download AnyTrans for iOS to transfer photos and more from Mac to your iPhone 6s/7/8/X.
We received a nice bit of requests asking about how to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac, if you have the same question, please move to this iMobie guide: 6 Ways to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac >
Hold a birthday party with families. Plan an Egypt trip with friends. Go hiking with your colleagues. There is no doubt you will need a fine quality camera to record these happy times. Most of us choose to store these precious photos from camera to a computer or Mac. And now you want to transfer some of them to your iPhone, so that you can share the photos with your friends anywhere and anytime.
Then the question may rock in your brain: how to transfer photos from Mac to my iPhone? There is no doubt that the first solution come to our mind is iTunes. But it is kind of complicated and time-consuming. Here in this guide, besides the traditional iTunes way, we will also tell you another quick way to make it. Let’s get it on.
Part 1. How to Transfer Photos from Mac to iPhone without Losing Any Data
If you prefer an easy, quick and safe way to transfer photos from Mac to iPhone, then you cannot miss AnyTrans for iOS. It is a smart iTunes alternative that gives you best management experience on photos, music, ringtones, movies, and more.
- Transfer a single photo or a picture folder from Mac to iPhone.
- Lightning fast speed – transfer 100 pictures in only 3.4 seconds.
- No compression, transfer photos with the original pixels.
- No data erase, it will not wipe any current data on your iPhone.
- AnyTrans for iOS guarantees you 100% Safe & Security. During this process, all the contents on your iPhone will be kept safe, and you won’t lose any data or file.
It works well on MacBook, MacBook Air/Pro, and iMac, iMac Pro, and supports all iPhone models, from old iPhone 6/6s/7 to new iPhone 8/X.
1. Free download AnyTrans for iOS, and then install it on your Mac computer. Click Device Manager and then scroll down to enter the category management window.
2. Click Photos > Select Photo Library (because all the photos transferred to iDevices will be stored in Photo Library).
3. Click “+” button to open the folder with photos you want to transfer > Select the photos you want to transfer to iPhone from Mac > Click Open to start it.
Besides that, it also lets you upload photos from Mac to iCloud directly, and then you can check the photos on your iPhone when you have logged in with the same Apple ID.
Step 1. Click iCloud Manager > Log in with your account > Go to category management screen > Choose Photos.
Step 2. Click “+” button > Preview and select the photos you need > Click Open to start.
Part 2. How to Transfer Photos from Mac to iPhone with iTunes
Before you use iTunes to add photos to your iPhone, one important thing you should know: when syncing photos from computer to iPhone, all the photos, music, ringtones, iBooks and other media files on your iPhone would be erased (just like the following screenshot shows).
If you want to keep your iPhone data safe, you can refer to Part 1 to put multiple or all photos on iPhone from computer at once without erasing any existing data.
- Launch iPhoto and drag the photos to your iPhoto library. Or you can create a folder on Mac and keep the photos you want to transfer in it.
- Connect your iPhone to Mac, run iTunes if it doesn’t open automatically. Tap the Device button, and click on Photos tab.
- Select the “Copy Photos From” check box, select iPhoto or Choose folder. You can choose to sync all your photos or only selected photos.
- Click “Apply” to transfer photos from Mac to your iPhone 6s/7/8/X.
Note: iTunes doesn’t allow you to transfer photos from Mac to iPhone with iCloud Photo Library on. If you get the message of “iCloud Photo is On”, here are three solutions for this.
How to Transfer Photos from Mac to iPhone – iCloud Photo is On
Method 1. Turn off iCloud Photo Library.
On your iPhone, go to Settings app > [your name] > iCloud > Photos. Tap the button next to Photo, choose Remove from iPhone or Download Photos & Videos, now iCloud Photo is turned off.
Please note that after turning off iCloud Photo Library, you have to remove all the iCloud photos on your iPhone or download these iCloud photos to iPhone (this would be a large burden for your iPhone, especially if you are running 16 GB or 32 GB plan).
Method 2. Add photos from computer to iCloud directly, then all newly added iCloud photos can be synced to your iPhone once it is connected to WiFi or cellular network. Please refer to this guide to make it. How to Transfer Photos from Computer to iCloud >
Method 3. Sync photos from computer to iPhone iPad as part 1 shows, no photos from your iPhone would be erased from your iPhone.
The Bottom Line
As you can see, compared to iTunes, it’s much easier and quicker using AnyTrans for iOS to transfer photos from Mac to iPhone, easy-to-operate and no data lose. Even if you have no prior knowledge of data transfer, you can still add photos to your iPhone without effort. Just give it a try >