How to Transfer Photos from Mac to iPhone 6/6s in 2 Ways
If you are an Apple newbie and don't know how to transfer photos from Mac to your new iPhone 6/6s, you can get two solutions here.
AnyTrans is the best iPhone photo management tool works on PC and Mac. Download AnyTrans to transfer photos and more from Mac to your iPhone 6/6s.
We received a nice bit of requests asking about how to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac, if you have the same question, please move to this iMobie guide: 6 Ways to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac >
If you get a newer iPhone like iPhone 7/7 Plus, or the latest iPhone 8/iPhone X, you can add anything you like from computer to your new iPhone by reading this guide: How to Add Files/Contents to New iPhone >
Hold a birthday party with families. Plan an Egypt trip with friends. Go hiking with your colleagues. There is no doubt you will need a fine quality camera to record these happy times. Most of us choose to store these precious photos from camera to a computer or Mac. iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s appear to people with a bigger screen than ever before. And it is a nice choice to put some wonderful photos from your home Mac to your new iphone 6/6s on the move. In that way, you will be able to share the photos with your friends anywhere anytime. Now the question may rock in your brain: how to transfer photos from Mac to my iPhone 6/6s (Plus)?
When it comes to transferring photos from computer to iPhone, there is no doubt that the first solution come to our mind is iTunes. However, when syncing photos from computer to iPhone, all the photos, music, ringtones, iBooks and other media files on your iPhone would be erased (just like the following screenshot shows). To keep your iPhone data safe, please allow us to show you one way that enables you to put multiple or all photos on iPhone from computer at once without erasing any exist data first.
Transfer Photos from Mac to iPhone 6/6s with iTunes - Erase Data
Part 1. How to Transfer Photos from Mac to iPhone 6/6s without Losing Any Data
To transfer photos from Mac to iPhone 6/6s without losing any data, you will need the help of AnyTrans. AnyTrans is a smart iTunes alternative that gives you best management experience on photos, music, ringtones, movies, and more.
- Transfer a single photo or a picture folder from Mac to iPhone 6/6s (Plus), and no previous photos will be wiped.
- Import photos from iPhone 6/6s back to Mac's hard drive as backup.
- Copy selected photos from iPhone to iPhone/iPad directly.
- Delete photos from iPhone 6/6s massively to save storage, even photos synced from iTunes.
- AnyTrans guarantees you 100% Safe & Security. During this process, all the contents on your iPhone will be kept safe, and you won’t lose any data or file.
1. Free download AnyTrans, and then install it on your Mac computer. Click Device Manager and then scroll down to enter the category management window.
How to Transfer Photos from Mac to iPhone 6/6s with AnyTrans – Step 1
2. Click Photos > Select Photo Library (because all the photos transferred to iDevices will be stored in Photo Library).
How to Transfer Photos from Mac to iPhone 6/6s with AnyTrans – Step 2
3. Click "+" button to open the folder with photos you want to transfer > Select the photos you want to transfer to iPhone 6/6s from Mac > Click Open to start it.
How to Transfer Photos from Mac to iPhone 6/6s with AnyTrans – Step 3
Also Read: How to Put Songs on iPhone 6/6s Directly >
Part 2. How to Transfer Photos from Mac to iPhone 6/6s (Plus) with iTunes
- Launch iPhoto and drag the photos to your iPhoto library. Or you can create a folder on Mac and keep the photos you want to transfer in it.
- Connect your iPhone 6/6s (Plus) to Mac, run iTunes if it doesn't open automatically. Tap the Device button, and click on Photos tab.
- Select the "Copy Photos From" check box, select iPhoto or Choose folder. You can choose to sync all your photos or only selected photos.
- Click "Apply" to transfer photos from Mac to your iPhone 6/6s (Plus).
Transfer Photos from Mac to iPhone 6/6s (Plus) with iTunes
Note: iTunes doesn't allow you to transfer photos from Mac to iPhone with iCloud Photo Library on. If you get the message of "iCloud Photo is On", here are three solutions for this.
How to Transfer Photos from Mac to iPhone - iCloud Photo is On
Method 1. Turn off iCloud Photo Library.
On your iPhone, go to Settings app > [your name] > iCloud > Photos. Tap the button next to Photo, choose Remove from iPhone or Download Photos & Videos, now iCloud Photo is turned off.
Please note that after turning off iCloud Photo Library, you have to remove all the iCloud photos on your iPhone or download these iCloud photos to iPhone (this would be a large burden for your iPhone, especially if you are running 16 GB or 32 GB plan).
Method 2. Add photos from computer to iCloud directly, then all newly added iCloud photos can be synced to your iPhone once it is connected to WiFi or cellular network. Please refer to this guide to make it. How to Transfer Photos from Computer to iCloud >
Method 3. Sync photos from computer to iPhone iPad as part 1 shows, no photos from your iPhone would be erased from your iPhone.
The Bottom Line
From the above mentioned three ways to transfer photos from Mac to iPhone 6/6s, it is clear that AnyTrans is much advisable. Because it won't erase any of your previous photos and you can transfer hundreds of photos in few minutes. Any question about this guide and AnyTrans is warmly welcomed, meanwhile, don't forget to share this guide with your friends.
What's Hot on iMobie
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Put Music on iPhone 6/6s Directly - You may want to know some tips on how to put music on your iPhone 6/6s. Read more >>
- How to Transfer Music from Old iPhone to iPhone 6/6s - You may wonder how to transfer music from an old iPhone to a new iphone 6/6s. Read more >>
- How to Backup iPhone to Mac - Read on to discover how easy it is to backup your iPhone to your Mac. Read more >>
- How to Transfer Calendar from iPhone to Mac - This post gives you two ways to transfer calendar from iPhone to Mac. Read more >>
- How to Sync Contacts from Mac to iPhone - Want to sync contacts from Mac to iPhone but do not know how? Read more >>