How to Turn Off Find My iPhone on iCloud or from Another Device
In the article below, you will learn everything you need to know about turning off “Find My iPhone” remotely.
“Find My iPhone” is a very useful feature that Apple implements to help you locate your device. However, there are certain cases when you may want to turn off “Find My iPhone”. For example, when you send your device for repair, you need to deactivate this feature so that the “Activation Lock” is turned off and the technician can reset your device.
However, what if you forget to turn it off before sending it to the repair shop? Can you turn off Find My iPhone remotely?
The answer is YES. Without your iPhone in your hand, you can either turn off “Find My iPhone” on iCloud or from another device. Read the article below to find out how!
Does Signing out of iCloud Turn Off Find My iPhone?
If you have already signed out of iCloud on your iPhone before sending it away, you don’t need to worry about turning off “Find My iPhone” on your device. Signing out of iCloud on an iPhone automatically turns off all iCloud features on that device, including “Find My iPhone”.
Here’s how to sign out of iCloud on your iPhone:
- Go to “Settings” and tap your name.
- Scroll down to the bottom and tap “Sign Out”.
- When prompted, enter your Apple ID password and then tap “Turn Off”. With this step, your “Find My iPhone” will be turned off on your device and you will receive a notification in the inbox of your Apple ID email address.
- Then, a new window will pop up asking whether you want to keep a copy of your data on this iPhone. Toggle on those options of which you choose to keep a copy. Any other data or documents in the iCloud drive for which you don’t toggle on will be removed from this iPhone. They will still be available in your iCloud.
- Tap “Sign Out” to turn off iCloud on your iPhone and then tap “Sign Out” again to confirm this action.
Sign out of iCloud on Your iPhone
Now the iCloud is signed out on your iPhone and the Find My iPhone feature is disabled as well.
How to Turn off Find My iPhone Remotely?
There are two ways to turn off “Find My iPhone” remotely: on iCloud or from another device. Now, let’s see how to turn off this feature without your device in hand.
These methods involve erasing contents on your device, so please make sure you no longer want any information on your device or back everything up before proceeding with the following steps.
Method 1. How to Turn Off Find My iPhone Remotely on iCloud?
- Sign in to your iCloud account at iCloud.com.
- Click “Find iPhone”.
Turn off Find My iPhone in iCloud
- Click “All Devices” to see a list of all your devices associated with this iCloud account.
- Select the device for which you intend to turn off the “Find My iPhone” feature.
- Click “Erase iPhone”. Do not enter a phone number or message when prompted. This feature is to help find a lost device. The erase will begin when your device is online. Once finished, you will receive a confirmation email.
Turn off “Find My iPhone” from iCloud
- When the erase is complete, click “Remove from Account”. Now, the Find My iPhone feature is turned off on your device.
Method 2. How to Turn Off Find My iPhone Remotely From Another Device?
- Go to the “Find My” App on another Apple device.
- Tap the device for which you intend to turn off the “Find My iPhone” feature.
- Then scroll up to find “Erase This Device”. Tap it. Do not enter a phone number or message when prompted. This feature is to help find a lost device. The erase will begin when your device is online. Once finished, you will receive a confirmation email.
- When the erase is complete, tap “Remove This Device” and then tap “Remove”.
Turn off Find My iPhone from Another Device
Bonus Tip. How to Remove Apple ID without Password?
Before sending your iOS device to the repair shop or give it out to others, you should also remove Apple ID account from your device. The most common way to remove Apple ID is via the Settings app as long as you can enter the right Apple ID credentials. However, what if you have forgotten your Apple ID password? AnyUnlock – iPhone Password Unlocker can help you remove Apple ID without password. You can either remove Apple ID when the Find My iPhone function is turned on or not.
Free download AnyUnlock on your computer > Open the program on your computer and connect the device to it > Follow the on-screen instructions to remove Apple ID without password on your own.
Click Unlock Apple ID from the Homepage
The Bottom Line
Have you got sufficient information from the article above regarding how to turn off “Find My iPhone” remotely? Please feel free to comment below if you still have questions about this problem or any other iPhone-relevant issues. We will do our best to help!