How to Fix ‘An Error Connecting to the Apple ID Server’ on Computer and iPhone
Failed to connect to Apple ID server due to an error connecting? Read this post, which sums up several methods for you to solve this problem.
This all-in-one software – AnyTrans can help you transfer photos from one iCloud account to another iCloud account with great ease. Download it to have a try.
Q: Recently, I met a very annoying problem. When I trying to log in my Apple ID, it keeps saying, “There was an error connecting to the Apple ID server.” I was unable to authenticate to the Apple ID Server again. What should I do?
You may across this situation both on your computer and iPhone. What may cause this? It may be due to many reasons like the Internet connection, the time settings of computer, the Keychain Access and certificate settings, etc. This article will list several common & effective methods for you.
Part 1. How to Fix ‘An Error Connecting to the Apple ID Server’ on Computer
An Error Connecting to the Apple ID Server on Computer
1. Restart your Computer. Restarting your computer is the basic way. It’s necessary to try this method first; sometimes the simplest turning off and on can fix this error directly.
2. Sometimes it happens due to the poor Internet connection, you should check if your Internet connection is working properly.
3. Make sure that the date, time, and time zone are set correctly on your computer.
4. If both these methods cannot figure it out, try to check Keychain Access and certificate settings. Click Applications > Utilities > Keychain access > Preferences > Certificates. Make sure that both OCSP and CRL are set to Best attempt.
Check Keychain Access and Certificate Settings
5. If you are not very anxious, wait for a while patiently or try again in a few hours. Maybe after a few hours it would be fixed by itself.
Part 2. How to Fix ‘An Error Connecting to the Apple ID Server’ on iPhone
1. Check the router to see if it works normally and check if your Internet connection is available.
2. Make sure that the date, time, and time zone are set correctly.
3. Completely close all the applications you’re using.
4. Hard Reset your iPhone by pressing & holding Home + Power button for 10+ seconds. If you are iPhone 7/7 Plus user, you can restart you iPhone by pressing and holding the power and Volume Down buttons until you see the Apple logo, then wait for its booting process.
5. Check out if you have upgrade to the newest system.
Bonus Tip: How to Transfer Data from One iCloud to Another
Maybe you have more than one iCloud account, or you just want to sign up a new iCloud account. In this case, you may need to move some important data between two iCloud accounts, however, how to move content from one iCloud to another iCloud?
A professional transfer tool – AnyTrans can help you easily move iCloud data from one iCloud to another just in several steps. In addition, with powerful functions, AnyTrans enables you to transfer almost all kinds of iOS data like photos, videos, ringtones, messages, contacts, etc. More importantly, it supports multi-directional transmission, for instance, you can transfer data from device to computer, from one device to another, from computer to device/iCloud, from iCloud to iCloud, etc. Why not download it to have a try?
AnyTrans for Mac Screenshot
Note : AnyTrans supports sign in five iCloud accounts at the same time.
The Bottom Line
The all solutions on how to fix an error connecting to the Apple ID Server have been list above, hope there is one can help you figure it out. At last, do not forget to have a try on AnyTrans.
What's Hot on iMobie
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Backup iCloud Photos to PC Easily – This guide provides you 2 simple ways to backup iCloud photos to PC. Read More >>
- How to Save Files to iCloud Drive with Ease – Read this guide to get methods on how to backup files to iCloud Drive quickly. Read More >>
- How to Fix YouTube ‘An Error Occurred, Please Try Again’ Easily – Read this post, you’ll get the simple methods to solve this problem. Read More >>
- How to Print Contacts from iCloud – This guide offers you two methods to help you print iCloud contacts without effort. Read More >>