Failed to connect to Apple ID server due to an error connecting? Read this post, which sums up several methods for you to solve this problem.
Q: Recently, I met a very annoying problem. When I trying to log in my Apple ID, it keeps saying, “There was an error connecting to the Apple ID server.” I was unable to authenticate to the Apple ID Server again. What should I do?
You may across this situation both on your computer and iPhone. What may cause this? It may be due to many reasons like the Internet connection, the time settings of computer, the Keychain Access and certificate settings, etc. This article will list several common & effective methods for you.
An Error Connecting to the Apple ID Server on Computer
1. Restart your Computer. Restarting your computer is the basic way. It’s necessary to try this method first; sometimes the simplest turning off and on can fix this error directly.
2. Sometimes it happens due to the poor Internet connection, you should check if your Internet connection is working properly.
3. Make sure that the date, time, and time zone are set correctly on your computer.
4. If both these methods cannot figure it out, try to check Keychain Access and certificate settings. Click Applications > Utilities > Keychain access > Preferences > Certificates. Make sure that both OCSP and CRL are set to Best attempt.
Check Keychain Access and Certificate Settings
5. If you are not very anxious, wait for a while patiently or try again in a few hours. Maybe after a few hours, it would be fixed by itself.
1. Check the router to see if it works normally and check if your Internet connection is OK.
2. Make sure that the date, time, and time zone are set correctly.
3. Completely close all the applications you’re using.
4. Hard Reset your iPhone by pressing & holding Home + Power button for 10+ seconds. If you are iPhone 7/7 Plus user, you can restart you iPhone by pressing and holding the power and Volume Down buttons until you see the Apple logo, then wait for the process.
5. Check out if you have upgrade to the newest system.
Maybe you have more than one iCloud account, or you just want to sign up a new iCloud account. In this case, you may need to move some important data between two iCloud accounts, however, how to move content from one iCloud to another iCloud?
A professional transfer tool – AnyTrans for iOS can help you easily move iCloud data from one iCloud to another just in several steps. In addition, with powerful functions, AnyTrans enables you to transfer almost all kinds of iOS data like photos, videos, ringtones, messages, contacts, etc. More importantly, it supports multi-directional transmission, for instance, you can transfer data from device to computer, from one device to another, from computer to device/iCloud, from iCloud to iCloud, etc. Why not download it to have a try?
Note : AnyTrans supports sign in five iCloud accounts at the same time.
The all solutions on how to fix an error connecting to the Apple ID Server have been list above, hope there is one can help you figure it out. At last, do not forget to have a try on AnyTrans for iOS.
Product-related questions? Contact Our Support Team to Get Quick Solution >
The best tool to transfer, backup and manage your iPhone iPad content, even iTunes, iCloud backup files. As easy as ABC!