This is a complete guide about how to set up and activate new iPhone. Just follow the detailed steps to set up your iPhone 8 or iPhone X.
This powerful tool can help you transfer data between iPhone and computer/iTunes/iCloud. Just download it to manage your new iPhone content in an easy way.
This year is the 10th anniversary of Apple smartphones, and rumors about the new iPhones have been flying for months. Now they finally come out. The new iPhone 8/8 Plus will be available on 9.22, and new iPhone X will be available on 11.3. You may have already decided to buy one to replace your old phone, and then you will have the totally new-designed iPhone running iOS 11.
After you get one iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus or iPhone X, the first thing you need to do is: set up and activate it. To help you make it smoothly, we prepare this guide for you in advance, you can follow the steps below to set up and activate your new iPhone quickly.
1 > If you upgrade from an old iPhone, you can backup your old iPhone with iCloud or iTunes firstly. In this way, you can directly restore from backup when set up the new iPhone 8/X.
2 > If you upgrade from an Android phone, you can refer to this How to Switch from Android to iPhone guide to see how to transfer data to your new iPhone.
3 > If you have set up your new iPhone 8/8 Plus or iPhone X already but want to start over, you can go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings to make it.
2. How to Set Up New iPhone 8/X with Detailed Steps
1. Turn on your new iPhone 8/8 Plus or iPhone X, and you will see the “Hello” screen in many languages. Please slide your finger across the screen to continue.
2. Choose the right language, and tap your country or region.
3. Choose a Wi-Fi network and enter its password. You can also use cellular network by tapping Use Cellular Connection if the Wi-Fi is not available.
4. Choose Enable Location Services or not. You can change it later anytime you want.
5. Set your Touch ID, and then create a passcode. You can set four or six digit passcode, tap Passcode Options to make it.
6. Then you will access the App & Data screen, for options are listed. Please choose one option as per your needs.
7. Sign in with Apple ID and password. If you have no Apple ID, you can create a new one. Or you can just skip this step, and you can make it later in Settings app any time.
8. Choose whether to use Siri or not. Whatever you choose, you can always enable or disable Siri easily later on iPhone.
9. For an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7, you can customize the click of your Home button.
10. Choose Send or Don't Send Diagnostic information to Apple.
11. If you have an iPhone 6 or later, choose between two display resolutions: Standard or Zoomed.
3. How to Manage New iPhone Content with Ease
As is known to all, managing and transferring iPhone data is totally different from Android phone. You just cannot simply drag contents to iPhone or transfer iPhone data to computer directly. But everything will get easier with the help of AnyTrans.
- It supports managing music, ringtones, photos, videos, contacts, messages and more.
- It lets you transfer data from computer to iPhone, as well as extract iPhone data to computer.
- It allows you to transfer files between iPhone and iTunes/iCloud/another iDevice.
In a word, AnyTrans can help you always put your important new iPhone 8/8 Plus or iPhone X data in the right place. Just give it a try >
The Bottom Line
That’s all for how to set up and activate new iPhone 8 and iPhone X, we also prepare some basic tips to help you maintain your new iPhone, like saving battery life on iPhone and how to make your iPhone run faster.
More Upgrade to iPhone 8/X Related Articles:
- A Complete Guide to Upgrade to New iPhone 8/X >
- How to Back Up Old iPhone 4s/5s/6/6s/7/SE >
- How to Import SIM Contacts to iPhone 8/X >
- How to Transfer Data from Old iPhone to New iPhone 8/X >
- How to Transfer Data/Files from Android to New iPhone 8/X >
- How to Transfer Files from Computer to New iPhone 8/X >
- How to Sync iTunes Library with New iPhone 8/X >
- How to Restore iPhone 8/X from iCloud Backup >
- How to Restore iPhone from iTunes Backup >
- Top Tips & Tricks to Maintain New iPhone 8/X >
- How to Speed Up iPhone to Make It Run Faster >
- How to Save Battery Life on iPhone 8/X >
- How to Spare More Available Storage on iPhone 8/X >