This is a complete guide about how to set up and activate new iPhone. Just follow the detailed steps to activate your new iPhone (iPhone 2019 included) easily, even though you have little knowledge of iPhone. Work for iPad/iPod touch activation and setup, too.
There are a lot of situations where users need to activate and set up a new iPhone:
If you have little knowledge of iPhone, and have no idea of how to activate and set up a new iPhone (iPhone 11/XS/XR/X), don’t worry, and this ultimate tutorial can help you with everything about it. Please keep reading, and do as the following steps.
1 > If you upgrade from an old iPhone, you can backup your old iPhone with iCloud or iTunes firstly. In this way, you can directly restore from backup when activating new iPhone.
2 > If you upgrade from an Android phone, you can refer to this How to Switch from Android to iPhone guide to see how to transfer data to your new iPhone.
3 > If you have set up your new iPhone already but want to start over, you can go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings to make it.
The job of iPhone activating and setup is quite easy, but it just has a number of steps, so please do as the guide tells you in the following, step by step.
1. Turn on your new iPhone, and you will see the “Hello” screen in many languages, English, Spanish, French, Chinese, etc. Then please slide your finger across the screen to continue.
2. Choose the right language, and choose your country or region on your new iPhone. If you own an old iPhone running iOS 11 or later, you can choose to use Quick Start. Just hold your two devices close to each other and follow the screen to transfer Apple ID, preferred settings, Wi-Fi info and iCloud Keychain passwords. If not, please tap “Set Up Manually” to continue the process.
3. Choose a “Wi-Fi network” and enter its password on new iPhone. You can also use the cellular network by tapping Use Cellular Connection if the Wi-Fi is not available.
4. Choose “Enable Location Services” or not. You can change it later anytime you want on your new iPhone X/XS(Max)/XR.
5. For iPhone X, iPhone XS(Max), iPhone XR, and iPhone 11 users, set your Face ID on your new iPhone.
For iPhone 8 or earlier iPhone models users, set your Touch ID. Then create a passcode, you can set four or six-digit passcode, tap Passcode Options to make it.
6. Then you will access the App & Data screen, for options are listed. Please choose one option as per your needs. If you prefer to transfer selected data from old iPhone/Android phone/computer to your new iPhone, you can choose to set up as new iPhone and then refer to Part 3 to see how to transfer data to it.
7. Sign in with Apple ID and password. If you have no Apple ID, you can create a new one. Or you can just skip this step, and you can make it later in Settings app any time.
8. Set up iCloud Drive, Apple Pay, and iCloud keychain. Then agree to the Terms and Conditions on your new iPhone.
9. Choose whether to use Siri or not. Whatever you choose, you can always enable or disable Siri easily later on the new iPhone.
10. Choose settings for app analytics and True Tone. Decide whether to share information with Apple.
11. Tap Choose a View, and then choose Standard or Zoomed and tap Next.
Just as we have mentioned above, if you have another iDevice that’s running iOS 11 or later, then you can try the Quick Start function to set up your new device automatically. Here’s how to do it:
1. Turn on your new iPhone and bring it near your old device that’s running iOS 11 or later. The Quick Start screen will appear on your old device and offers the option of using your Apple ID to set up your new device.
2. Make sure that it’s the Apple ID that you want to use, then tap Continue. Wait for an animation to appear on your new device.
3. Hold your old device over the new device, then center the animation in the viewfinder. Wait for a message that says Finish on New [Device Name], and then enter your old device’s passcode on your new device.
4. Follow the instructions to set up Face ID or Touch ID on your new iPhone， then enter your Apple ID password on your new device. If you have multiple iDevices, you need to enter all their passcodes.
5. The new device will give you the choice of restoring apps, data, and settings from your most recent iCloud backup, or updating your current device’s backup and then restoring. Just select a backup you prefer.
6. You can also choose whether to transfer some settings related to location, privacy, Apple Pay, and Siri.
After activating and setting up a new iPhone, you may also want to move important data from your old Android phone or iPhone to the new iPhone. If you prefer an easy and quick solution, then AnyTrans for iOS can help you make it. It supports all iPhone models (iPhone 4 – iPhone 11).
Free Download * 100% Clean & Safe
Now, Free Download AnyTrans on your computer firstly, and then follow us to learn how to transfer data from an iPhone or Android phone to your new iPhone.
Step 1: Download and install AnyTrans for iOS on your computer > Open it and connect your iPhones to the computer via USB cables > Choose “Phone Switcher” > Click on “Phone to iPhone” mode.
Step 2: Select the source device and target device > Click the “Next” button to continue.
Step 3. Select the file categories you want to transfer > Click the “Next” button to start moving data from old iPhone to new iPhone.
In addition, you can also go to category management screen to first preview and then select the data you want to transfer like a few photos of your cute dog.
Want to know how to transfer data from old iPhone to new iPhone step by step? Come read this post to get detailed information: How to Transfer Data to New iPhone >
To transfer data from Android to iPhone, just connect your Android phone and iPhone to computer via USB cables > Click iOS Mover > Click Content to iOS > Select the data you want to transfer > Click the right arrow to start.
Want to get simpler and quicker method to transfer data from your Android device to new iPhone? Check this guide which shall solve all your problems on it: How to Transfer Data from Android to iPhone/iPad >
That’s all the 3 parts on how to activate and set up a new iPhone, and how to transfer data from old device to new iPhone. As you can see, a good iOS data manager like AnyTrans for iOS can help you save more time and efforts for you in data transfer from one device to another. Give it a try now and enjoy your easy and simple iOS data management.
Product-related questions? Contact Our Support Team to Get Quick Solution >