This is a complete guide about how to set up and activate new iPhone. Just follow the detailed steps to activate your new iPhone easily, even though you have little knowledge of iPhone. Work for iPad/iPod touch activation and setup, too.
There are a lot of situations where users need to activate and set up a new iPhone:
If you have little knowledge of iPhone, and have no idea of how to activate and set up new iPhone, don’t worry, and this ultimate tutorial can help you with everything about it. Please keep reading, and do as the following steps.
1 > If you upgrade from an old iPhone, you can backup your old iPhone with iCloud or iTunes firstly. In this way, you can directly restore from backup when activating new iPhone.
2 > If you upgrade from an Android phone, you can refer to this How to Switch from Android to iPhone guide to see how to transfer data to your new iPhone.
3 > If you have set up your new iPhone already but want to start over, you can go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings to make it.
The job of iPhone activating and setup is quite easy, but it just has a number of steps, so please do as the guide tells you in the following, step by step.
1. Turn on your new iPhone, and you will see the “Hello” screen in many languages, English, Spanish, French, Chinese, etc. Then please slide your finger across the screen to continue.
2. Choose the right language, and tap your country or region. If you own an old iPhone running iOS 11 or later, you can choose to use Automatic Setup. Just hold your two devices close to each other and follow the screen to transfer Apple ID, preferred settings, Wi-Fi info and iCloud Keychain passwords. If not, please tap Set Up Manually to continue.
3. Choose a Wi-Fi network and enter its password. You can also use cellular network by tapping Use Cellular Connection if the Wi-Fi is not available.
4. Choose Enable Location Services or not. You can change it later anytime you want.
5. For iPhone X (or later devices) users, set your Face ID; for iPhone 8 (or before devices) users, set your Touch ID. Then create a passcode, you can set four or six-digit passcode, tap Passcode Options to make it.
6. Then you will access the App & Data screen, for options are listed. Please choose one option as per your needs. If you prefer to transfer selected data from old iPhone/Android phone/computer to your new iPhone, you can choose to set up as new iPhone and then refer to Part 3 to see how to transfer data to it.
7. Sign in with Apple ID and password. If you have no Apple ID, you can create a new one. Or you can just skip this step, and you can make it later in Settings app any time.
8. Set up iCloud Drive, Apple Pay, and iCloud keychain. Then agree to the Terms and Conditions.
9. Choose whether to use Siri or not. Whatever you choose, you can always enable or disable Siri easily later on the iPhone.
10. Choose settings for app analytics and True Tone. Decide whether to share information with Apple.
11. Tap Choose a View, and then choose Standard or Zoomed and tap Next.
12. Tap Get Started to start using your iPhone.
Besides activating and setting up new iPhone, you may also want to know how to transfer data from your old Android phone/iPhone to your new iPhone. If you prefer an easy and quick solution, then you cannot miss AnyTrans for iOS. It can help you transfer data to your new iPhone, and also can help you manage your new iPhone content easily.
In a word, AnyTrans for iOS can help you always put your important new iPhone data in the right place. Just give it a try >
To transfer data from Android to iPhone, just connect your Android phone and iPhone to computer via USB cables > Click iOS Mover > Click Content to iOS > Select the data you want to transfer > Click the right arrow to start.
To transfer data from old iPhone to new iPhone, please choose Device Manager > Click Merge Device or Clone Device and select the items you want to transfer. To add contents to iPhone X/8 from computer, please choose Add Content.
In addition, you can also go to category management screen to first preview and then select the data you want to transfer like a few photos of your cute dog. Get AnyTrans for iOS Now >
Product-related questions? Contact Our Support Team to Get Quick Solution >