How to Backup iPhone 6/6s to Computer
How to backup iPhone 6/6s? This guide will tell you how to backup iPhone 6/6s to computer in 2 ways.
Take a tour with this award-wining iOS file manager by downloading it on your computer. Now read on this post to learn how to backup iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s to computer.
Backing up your iPhone 6/6s regularly is a good habit. It can be a lifesaver if you accidently lose important data. What’ more, the new iOS 11 is expected to be released this fall. You’d better backup your iPhone 6/6s before the update, because the data loss happens every year after updating to new iOS version.
iTunes program is not an alien to most of us, and it is the free and traditional way to backup an iPhone beside iCloud service (if you need to backup your iPhone 6s to the cloud base). In this guide, we will show you step-by-step instructions on how to backup iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s to computer using iTunes or an easy-to-handle iTunes alternative.
Part 1. How to Backup iPhone 6/6s to Computer Using iTunes
If you want to selectively transfer important files from iPhone 6 to computer as backup, like Contacts, Music, Text Messages, Photos, etc., then please refer to Part 2 to get the method.
Step 1. Download and install the latest iTunes on your PC or Mac. Here we will show you how to backup iPhone 6/6s with iTunes on a Mac computer, and the steps are almost identical on a Windows PC.
Step 2. Connect your iPhone to computer and run iTunes. Click the Device tab, and choose Summary. Here you will see the Backups section. Tap on Back Up Now, and iTunes will start backing up your iPhone 6/6s to Mac.
Backup iPhone 6/6s to Computer using iTunes
1. iTunes gives you the ability to encrypt your iPhone backup, try to keep it in mind firmly. If you forgot iTunes backup password unfortunately, you’ll not be allowed to unlock your backup file.
2. The iTunes backup files are stored in your computer hard drive but are not readable. And as Apple said, an iTunes backup includes nearly all of your device’s data and settings. But notice that an iTunes backup doesn’t include:
- Content from the iTunes and App Stores, or PDFs downloaded directly to iBooks
- Content synced from iTunes, like imported MP3s or CDs, videos, books, and photos
- Photos already stored in the cloud, like My Photo Stream, and iCloud Photo Library
Part 2. Backup iPhone 6/6s to Computer with An iTunes Alternative
AnyTrans for iOS is the all-purpose iOS file management tool: expand your control over your iOS data beyond what is normally possible, without jailbreaking your iDevice. It is regarded as the best iTunes alternative that does a great job on backing up, transferring, and managing data on your iDevice (iOS 9/iPhone 6s/iPad Pro Included). With AnyTrans for iOS, you can copy photos, music (even the non-purchased items), videos, ringtones, voice memos, voicemail, messages, contacts, notes and more from iPhone 6/6s to computer as backup, and you can view the specific data anytime you like.
1. Download AnyTrans for iOS (Windows and Mac), run it and plug in your iPhone to computer.
2. You can use the shortcut button to backup all iPhone content to computer: Click the To PC/Mac button > Select files you need to backup from iPhone 6/6s to computer > Set the destination on computer > Click Right Arrow to start transfer.
How to Backup iPhone 6 to Computer with AnyTrans for iOS
3. Alternatively, you can backup selected iPhone 6/6s data to computer with AnyTrans for iOS. We take photos as an example. On AnyTrans for iOShomepage click on Photos > Cameral Roll > Select the pictures you want to backup > Click the To Mac tab on the right hand corner.
How to Backup iPhone 6 to Computer Selectively
4. Backup iPhone 6/6s to iTunes with AnyTrans for iOS. Click the Backups option on the homepage > Click the Backup Button to start backing up your iPhone 6/6s > AnyTrans for iOS will make an iTunes backup for your iPhone. After it is done, you can check the backup file: Launch iTunes > Click the iTunes tab > Preference > Devices.
Make an iTunes Backup for iPhone 6/6s with AnyTrans for iOS
The Bottom Line
It is obvious that AnyTrans for iOS meets all your needs on backing up an iPhone 6/6s to computer. It also helps transfer data between two iDevices, which allows you to move all data from an old iPhone to new iPhone easily. Now start taking a tour >