How to Backup iPhone 6/6s to Computer
As an Apple product newbie, you may want to know how to backup your newly bought iPhone 6s to computer. This guide is what you are looking for, which tells you how to backup iPhone 6s to computer.
Take a tour with this award-wining iOS file manager by downloading it on your computer. Now read on this post to learn how to backup iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s to computer.
As 2015 Christmas is coming, have you picked up the right gifts for your families or friends? For an Apple Lover, a newly released Apple product like iPhone 6s or iPad Pro would be a nice choice. If you get an iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus as a Christmas gift (it's your first Apple device too), you may want to know how to backup your new iPhone to computer including photos, videos, music, messages, notes, contacts, etc.
You May Like: Christmas Gift Idea: Best Apps for Apple Lover >
iTunes program is not an alien to most of us, and it is the free and traditional way to backup an iPhone beside iCloud service (if you need to backup your iPhone 6s to the cloud base). In this guide, we will show you step-by-step instructions on how to backup iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s to computer using iTunes or an easy-to-handle iTunes alternative.
Part 1. How to Backup iPhone 6/6s to Computer Using iTunes
Step 1. Download and install the latest iTunes on your PC or Mac. Here we will show you how to backup iPhone 6/6s with iTunes on a Mac computer, and the steps are almost identical on a Windows PC.
Step 2. Connect your iPhone to computer and run iTunes. Click the Device tab, and choose Summary. Here you will see the Backups section. Tap on Back Up Now, and iTunes will start backing up your iPhone 6/6s to Mac.
Backup iPhone 6/6s to Computer using iTunes
Note: The iTunes backup files are stored in your computer hard drive but are not readable. And as Apple said, an iTunes backup includes nearly all of your device's data and settings. An iTunes backup doesn't include:
- Content from the iTunes and App Stores, or PDFs downloaded directly to iBooks
- Content synced from iTunes, like imported MP3s or CDs, videos, books, and photos
- Photos already stored in the cloud, like My Photo Stream, and iCloud Photo Library
Part 2. Backup iPhone 6/6s to Computer with An iTunes Alternative
AnyTrans is the all-purpose iOS file management tool: expand your control over your iOS data beyond what is normally possible, without jailbreaking your iDevice. It is regarded as the best iTunes alternative that does a great job on backing up, transferring, and managing data on your iDevice (iOS 9/iPhone 6s/iPad Pro Included). With AnyTrans, you can copy photos, music (even the non-purchased items), videos, ringtones, voice memos, voicemail, messages, contacts, notes and more from iPhone 6/6s to computer as backup, and you can view the specific data anytime you like.
1. Download AnyTrans (Windows and Mac), run it and plug in your iPhone to computer.
2. You can use the shortcut button to backup all iPhone content to computer: Click the To PC/Mac button > Select files you need to backup from iPhone 6/6s to computer > Set the destination on computer > Click Right Arrow to start transfer.
Transfer Photos from iPhone 6/6s to PC with AnyTrans
3. Alternatively, you can backup selected iPhone 6/6s data to computer with AnyTrans. We take photos as an example. On AnyTrans homepage click on Photos > Cameral Roll > Select the pictures you want to backup > Click the To Mac tab on the right hand corner.
Backup Selected Data from iPhone 6/6s to Computer with AnyTrans.
4. Backup iPhone 6/6s to iTunes with AnyTrans. Click the Backups option on the homepage > Click the Backup Button to start backing up your iPhone 6/6s > AnyTrans will make an iTunes backup for your iPhone. After it is done, you can check the backup file: Launch iTunes > Click the iTunes tab > Preference > Devices.
Make an iTunes Backup for iPhone 6/6s with AnyTrans
The Bottom Line
It is obvious that AnyTrans meets all your needs on backing up an iPhone 6/6s to computer. It also helps transfer data between two iDevices, which allows you to move all data from an old iPhone to new iPhone 6s easily. Now start taking a tour >
What's Hot on iMobie
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Transfer Music from iPhone to PC - We are going to show you how to transfer songs from iPhone back to PC. Read more >>
- How to Put Movies on iPad Pro/Air/mini - This guide will show you a simple way to put movies on iPad Pro/Air/mini. Read more >>
- How to Transfer Videos from iPhone to iPad Pro - Read this guide to learn a direct way to transfer videos from iPhone to iPad Pro. Read more >>
- How to View iPhone Backup Files on Mac/PC - This post tells you how to access iTunes and iCloud backup files on your Mac/PC easily. Read more >>