Lost Settings icon on iPhone/iPad? Looking for an efficient way to get the icon back? Don’t worry. In this guide, we will show you how to get Settings icon back on iPhone/iPad with ease.
“I have an iPhone 7 running the latest version of iOS 11. But yesterday I accidentally deleted the Settings icon from my home screen. How can I get it back?”
Settings app is an indispensable part of the iOS operating system, as it controls the way our iPhone/iPad works. Without it, we will have no access to change the wallpaper, adjust the screen brightness, restore the device, set up the password, check basic info, etc. So, it could be big trouble if you accidentally lost the Settings icon on your iPhone/iPad. But there’s no need to worry about that too much, as we have collected 3 efficient & simple methods and will share you in this guide to help you quickly get Settings icon back on iPhone/iPad. Now, let’s check it.
Methods 1. Reset Home Screen Layout
1. Slide finger down on screen to open Spotlight Search > Type settings into the search bar and search.
2. Navigate to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Home Screen Layout > Tap Reset Home Screen to confirm. After confirmed, your home screen will be restored to the factory app icon layout.
How to Fix: iPhone/iPad Settings Icon Missing Error – Method 1
Method 2. Restore iPhone/iPad via iTunes
It is worth mentioning that restore iPhone/iPad via iTunes, all your media files and other data will be erased. If you want to keep your data safe, you’d better backup your device before trying this way, or you can refer to Part 2 to complete the job in 1 click.
1. Connect your iPhone/iPad to the computer via its USB cable > Open iTunes if it doesn’t open automatically > Enter your device passcode and trust the computer.
2. Choose your device > Click Summary > Click Restore [device].
Method 3. Restart Your iPhone/iPad
1. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the slider appears > Drag the slider from left to right to turn iPhone/iPad off.
2. After your iPhone/iPad turns off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again until you see the Apple logo.
There are various reasons can lead to important data loss on our iPhone/iPad/iPod touch, such as system crash, update failed, accidental deletion, water damage or even press wrong button. So, it’s quite necessary to make a full back of our device in advance so that we can easily get valuable data back one day.
To help you finish the backup task effortlessly, here we would like to recommend this #1 & 100% safe iOS data transfer – AnyTrans. It supports transferring up to 20 types of files like photos, contacts, messages, videos, notes, etc. on your iPhone/iPad/iPod in just 1 click and only a few minutes are needed. Let’s start with it now.
Step 1. Download AnyTrans and install it on your Mac/PC computer > Launch it > Connect your device to the computer via its USB cable > Click Content to Computer mode as screenshot shows to you.
How to Backup iPhone/iPad to Computer in 1 Click – Step 1
Step 2. Check the data you want to backup > Select a path to save your data > Click right arrow to begin the process.
How to Backup iPhone/iPad to Computer in 1 Click – Step 2
That’s all about how to get Settings icon back on iPhone/iPad. You may have successfully got Settings app back with the above 3 solutions. At last, don’t forget to make a backup of your iPhone/iPad in case you will need to recover some precious files. And in this case, AnyTrans can be your best choice. So, why not have a try now >
Product-related questions? Contact Our Support Team to Get Quick Solution >