How to Retrieve Deleted Text Messages from iPhone & Android without Computer
Want to retrieve deleted text messages from iPhone or Android phone, but there’s no available computer for you to finish the task? Read on this guide to see how to retrieve deleted text messages from iPhone & Android without computer (PC or Mac).
Go to download PhoneRescue prior, and then follow this guide to recover deleted text messages as well as other important data from iPhone/Android phone in just 1 click.
Some text messages on your device are so valuable for you, as they record lots of precious conversions with your loved ones, family, friends, colleagues, etc. You don’t want to lose any of them any time. But in reality, there’re various reasons can cause you easily lose these important text messages, such as mistaken deletion, failed upgrade or other unexpected reasons.
What’s worse, you may have no available computer to allow you recover the deleted messages from iTunes backup or other backups at that moment. Isn’t there anything you can do, though? Don’t panic. Here in this guide, we will show you how to retrieve deleted text messages without computer and share you another efficient solution to get them back from your iPhone & Android directly & without any existing data erasing.
Actually, when you delete or lose messages from your phone, they are not really got deleted or lost. Those messages are just technically marked with deletion by the system and invisible to you. They still exist on your device. The process of data recovery is to find the marked & hidden text messages, and bring them back. But it must under the promise of the deleted messages have not been overwritten by new generated data.
Otherwise, there’s no way to get the deleted messages back. Moreover, any operation, even installing new app on phone can overwrite the lost messages. So, don’t do any operation on your iPhone/Android phone once you have deleted text messages, or the deleted text messages will be overwritten and become unrecoverable.
Part 1. How to Retrieve Deleted Messages from iPhone without Computer
To recover deleted messages from iPhone, we have many options, like restoring from iTunes backup, restoring from iCloud backup, using data recovery tool, etc. But the only way that you can recover lost messages without computer is restoring from iCloud backup. Next, we will show you how to retrieve deleted text messages on iPhone 5/6/7/8/X without computer – Restore from iCloud backup.
Method 1. Retrieve Deleted Text Messages/iMessages from iPhone 5/6/7/8/X without Computer
If you have made a backup for your iPhone via iCloud before, then you can directly retrieve deleted text messages/iMessages from the backup without using a computer. But you must clear that it is a blind full restore, you can’t recover messages only. All existing data and settings on your iPhone will be erased and replaced. Also, you have to make sure that the iCloud backup contains the files you want to recover. If you just want to recover text messages/iMessages from iPhone and without erasing any current files, move to Method 2 to make it.
Step 1. Go to Settings > General > Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and tap Reset > Choose Erase All Content and Settings > Enter in your iPhone’s passcode. If you don’t have a passcode, skip this step.
How to Retrieve Deleted Text Messages/iMessages from iPhone without Computer – Step 1
Step 2. Tap Erase iPhone > Set up your device > Choose Restore from iCloud Backup > Enter your Apple ID email address and password > Choose a backup that still contains your deleted text messages/iMessages > Wait for the restore process to complete.
Method 2. How to Retrieve Deleted Text Messages/iMessages from iPhone 5/6/7/8/X without Data Erasing
Here we should recommend you a tool that can help you recover messages without a computer. But we need to tell you an objective fact: just as we mentioned above, any operation like installing app will overwrite the deleted messages and cause them to become unrecoverable. So, to keep all your deleted messages safe and ensure the highest success rate, here we will recommend you –PhoneRescue for iOS. It is a computer-based software, but it can help you retrieve deleted text messages on iPhone with the following features:
- World’s Top Success Rate & 100% Secure – All your deleted messages can be safely & easily recovered in minutes. No matter you have backup or not, it helps you make it with no data erase.
- Widest Coverage of Message Types – Include text messages, iMessage, SMS messages, MMS messages, WhatsApp messages, attachments, etc.
- Recover to iPhone’s Message App Directly – It allows you to retrieve the deleted messages to Message app on your iPhone directly, just like you never lost them. Also, you can choose to store them on your PC/Mac in formats of PDF, TXT, or .html.
- Only Messages Recovery – Supports recovering specific category like messages, but not a full recovery. Moreover, it allows you to preview and select the message(s) you prefer most to recover.
- No Full Restoring & Keep All Data Safe – It offers you 3 different modes: from iDevice directly (even without any backup), from iTunes backup, and from iCloud backup. Unlike common recovery way from iTunes or iCloud backup, it enables you to recover from the iTunes/iCloud backup without full restoring. All the contents on your iPhone will be kept safe, and you won’t lose any data or file.
- “60-days Money Back Guarantee” & Life-long Free Update Service – If you failed to retrieve what you want within 60 days of purchase, you’ll get the 100% risk-free unconditional full refund.
We noticed that you are reading this post on an iPhone, and you may seek solutions to restore messages from iCloud backup without computer. But we have to tell you, PhoneRescue for iOS is one desktop software just like other data recovery software.
You need to retrieve messages from iCloud without restoring on the computer, otherwise, you have to restore your iPhone to recover the messages and you will meet some annoying problems, like restoring a wrong backup that doesn’t contain the messages you need.
Therefore, you can open your computer and follow the steps below to make it. Or if you buy it now, we will offer an exclusive $10 OFF for you. Then you can recover your messages directly when you open your computer.
Step 1. Go to the download page of PhoneRescue and click PhoneRescue for iOS to download on a computer > Connect your iPhone/iPad/iPod to the computer.
Step 2. Choose Recover from iOS Device mode > Click scan button on the bottom right corner.
How to Recover Deleted Text Messages/iMessages from iPhone without Data Erasing – Step 2
Step 3. Select Messages only > Click on OK to scan your deleted messages.
How to Retrieve Deleted Text Messages/iMessages from iPhone without Data Erasing – Step 3
Step 4. Preview the deleted text messages/iMessages and select the one(s) you want to recover > Click the To Computer or To Device button to get them back in minutes. You can directly recover them to the message app on your iPhone for instant use.
How to Retrieve Deleted Text Messages/iMessages from iPhone without Data Erasing – Step 4
If you failed to retrieve what you want with above way, then your deleted messages have been overwritten and no software can help you finish the task. But you can try extracting the deleted messages from iTunes/iCloud backup by following the two guides:
How to Retrieve Deleted Text Messages from iTunes backup >
How to Retrieve Deleted Text Messages from iCloud backup >
Part 2. How to Retrieve Deleted Texts on Android without Computer
Some Android users, especially Samsung (Galaxy S 5/6/7/8) users are prefer to back up their data via cloud service on Android phone. If you have made a backup on cloud, then you can easily retrieve deleted messages on Android even without computer. If you have no available backup, or the backup doesn’t contain the deleted texts, you have no choice but to seek for help from a professional Android data recovery tool.
Since any newly installed software or received data on your device will overwrite the deleted messages and lead to them disappearing forever, all data recovery tools in the market are based on computer. To ensure the messages recovery with the highest probability, we recommend this computer-based Android data recovery tool – PhoneRescue for Android. It is recognised as the most reliable and efficient recovery tool for Android users to recover deleted text messages on Android phone, even without any backup. And below are its incomparable features:
- World’s Top Success Rate & 100% Secure – It has helped 5,700,000 Android users successfully retrieve their deleted text messages.
- Direct Recovery to Phone’s Messages App – It is also the ONLY software supports recovering deleted messages directly to the Messages app on Android phone for instant use. Just like they were never lost.
- Full Control of Deleted Messages – You are allowed to preview the deleted messages before recovering and selectively recover the one(s) you really needed, but not a blind full recovery.
- Fastest Recovering Speed – It only takes 5 minutes to get back over 3000 messages and the whole recovering process just a few minutes are needed.
- Easiest Operation – Only 3 clicks are needed to complete the recovery job: choose your device, check messages, click Recover button.
- Widest Coverage of Files – Besides messages, it also supports recovering deleted photos, contacts, music, videos and other Android file types. No matter what you want to recover, it helps you make it.
- “60-days Money Back Guarantee” – If you failed to retrieve your deleted text messages within 60 days of purchase, you’ll get the 100% full refund. Buy Now >
We noticed that you are reading this post with your phone, and you may seek ways to recover deleted messages without computer. But just like we mentioned above, any newly or installed apps or files on Android phone may cause overwritten, and lead to the deleted texts unrecoverable.
So to ensure the highest success rate of recovery, turn on your computer and follow the steps below to recover the previous messages now. Or you can choose to buy it on your phone now (we offered 10$ discounts for mobile user). In this way, you can retrieve your deleted text messages immediately once you have an available computer.
Step 1. Go to the download page of PhoneRescue, click PhoneRescue for Android > Choose the right version suitable for your Android phone and download it on a computer > Connect your device to the computer (take PhoneRescue for Samsung as an example).
Step 2. Choose Messages only if you just need to recover deleted messages on Android > Tap Next button on the right.
How to Retrieve Deleted Text Messages on Android – Step 2
Step 3. Preview the deleted text messages and select the one(s) you want to recover > Click the Download to Computer or Download to Device button to start the recovery process.
How to Retrieve Deleted Text Messages on Android – Step 3
The Bottom Line
Indeed, it’s possible to recover deleted text messages from iPhone/Android without computer. But as you can see from above, it has so many limitations, like must have made a backup before, the backup have to contain the deleted text messages, etc. Otherwise, all data recovery must be done with a computer, as only computer-based data recovery tool can ensure the highest success rate.
Beside text messages, PhoneRescue also enables you to recover deleted photos, contacts, music, videos and more files on your iOS devices or Android phone. So, get PhoneRescue to be your good helper now. Remember that act fast, or your deleted text messages will be overwritten by new generated files and lose eternally.