Want to transfer songs from computer to iPhone 6s/7/8/X/XS (Max)/XR? Read the guide to know how to put music on iPhone from computer, with or without iTunes.
For music lovers, songs and earphone are the ship of the desert especially when you are on the road. Besides, the iPhone with plenty of songs of course is an inseparable part of your journey. If some of your favorite tracks are stored on the hard disc of computer, you must want to know how to put music on iPhone from computer. In the post here, 2 methods are introduced to transfer music from computer to iPhone, with or without iTunes.
iTunes is probably the first iOS tool when people are talking about iPhone data transferring since it is from the official. But normally, we do not recommend it to iPhone newbies because of its complicated and not so friendly interface. There place so many functions, which will easily confuse you. So if you are new to iTunes, please read and take the detailed steps below, carefully. So now let’s head to how to transfer music from computer to iPhone 6s/7/8/X/XS (Max)/XR with iTunes.
1. Connect your iPhone to your computer.
2. Open the latest iTunes. If the iPhone is connected to the computer for the first time, iTunes will pop up a screen to ask for your permission to access the iPhone. Just click continue, and tap Trust on your iPhone and enter the password to continue.
3. Go back to iTunes on the computer. Click on the iPhone icon on the left corner of the interface. Go to Summary > Options. Uncheck the option of “Automatically sync when this iPhone is connected”.
4. To transfer music from computer to iPhone, we need first to input the music files to the iTunes library. Go to File > Add File to Library. Select the songs you want to transfer to your iPhone. A few minutes later, selected songs would be exported to your iTunes Library.
5. After all music files are added to the iTunes library, now you just go to Music under Settings tab. And choose Sync Music. You can either sync the entire music library or just select one specific playlist as you like. Then click Done button at the bottom, and wait for the process to finish. And then you will see all the music files on your iPhone.
With this iTunes way, you need to know these things firstly:
1. If you’re using an iPhone, you can add music or videos only from a single iTunes Library, If you’re using an iPad or iPod, you can add music from multiple iTunes Libraries, but videos from only one iTunes Library.
2. iTunes only enables you to transfer purchased songs at iTunes store, while items downloaded from other resources, or copied from CDs. are not in the list, because they will not be recognized by iTunes library at all.
3. If you sync a couple of songs or the whole iTunes library to iPhone, you will lose the existing media files on your iPhone like music, ringtones, and playlist, etc. Because iTunes syncing will erase data.
iTunes Sync Erases Existing Songs
Therefore, is there any way to transfer songs from computer to iPhone without erasing previous songs even if some songs you keep on iDevice that are not listed on iTunes? Absolutely YES. Move to Method 2 below to transfer songs from computer to iPhone 6s/7/8/X/XS (Max)/XR without iTunes.
To transfer music from PC/Mac to iPhone without any data loss to iPhone, all you need is an iPhone data transfer tool like iMobie AnyTrans for iOS, which allows you to manage your iOS contents on PC or Mac computer with ease. Check the details that you can do with AnyTrans for iOS.
Now download and install AnyTrans for iOS on your PC or Mac computer and do as the following steps.
Step 1 Launch it and connect your iPhone 6s/7/8/X/XS (Max)/XR to computer via USB cable. Click on Device Manager.
Step 2 Click Audio > Select Music.
Step 3 Click Plus button to put music on iPhone from computer > Select the music you want to transfer on your computer > Click Open to start transferring.
That’s all for how to put music on iPhone from computer with/without iTunes. Get AnyTrans for iOS to make it. If you have any feedback on this tutorial, please feel free to comment. If you have any further questions about this how to transfer music from computer to iPhone tutorial, please don’t hesitate to check other related guides or draw a line to us.
Product-related questions? Contact Our Support Team to Get Quick Solution >
The best tool to transfer, backup and manage your iPhone iPad content, even iTunes, iCloud backup files. As easy as ABC!